Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

List of Armour/Weapon Racks?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Pär, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Pär

Pär IncGamers Member

List of Armour/Weapon Racks?

So I heard you like runewords?

I like runewords, too.

I also like MF gear on my untwinked Strafeazon currently in Act IV Normal.

All the above require gears with sockets. Plus El Cheapo (tm) merc gear is generally Blood crafted or runeworded.

Upshot is I need a way to quickly see what/where to run when looking for armour stands or weapon racks for particular base item types.

Anyone seen such a list? Have one? Feel like posting it or telling me what I should have googled/searched the wiki for?

Whichever list needs to have Upper Kurast on it. And the Countess' tower. More ideas?

Cheers.

p.s. I'd also be willing to accept an answer along the lines of "hay stoopid, there's an easier way to do it - just do yada yada instead". Oh, and it's "armour", btw. It's been spelled that way for centuries before some Webster guy decided to get uppity back in 1828.

Also, Jamella is hot. And vendor's gears seem to be mostly blue/magical but I suppose it would be an option at certain Clvls, Mechanic's notwithstanding.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  2. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Re: List of Armour/Weapon Racks?

This has some vaguely useful info in it... try searching for racking as part of your keyword

I thought an Armour was a type of dresser:wink:

3. Pär

Pär IncGamers Member

*Armoire
    wikipedia it

and cheers, interesting info

4. hardwaredin

hardwaredin IncGamers Member

If I'm understanding correctly, you're asking where to find socket armors/weapons...If so, just run lvl 85 areas (pit, CS, baal, cows, AT, etc..) with no mf and they should drop. If you're running racks for them, you can try LK and see what pops out the racks by the campfire. I've had a sacred targe rack (which i accidentally re-roll), and a CV one. You can always reroll the map for a new rack drop and it's always random so it's going to take some time. I think Cows drop a lot of greys and whites so you might wanna try that out.

5. Pär

Pär IncGamers Member

Intriguing suggestion that's somewhat hard to follow right now that I'm untwinked in Act V Normal.

That said I got inspired. To make a pure-damage set for myself and my merc and go find some socketed bows around here now that I cubed my first Amn.

Good places to find socketed stuff in mid/late Act V:
    Pindle's courtyard on p7
    Glacial Trail -> Drifter Cavern on p7 for monsters and p8 for chests.
    Halls of Vaught has at least 3-4 Weapon Racks which may come in handy, and a fair concentration of monsters, but I really think it's beaten by Pindle's courtyard.

Happy hunting.