Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Liquid Evil's Big Stick of Hurtiness

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DurfBarian, Apr 12, 2005.

1. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Liquid Evil's Big Stick of Hurtiness

(I was waiting to see if LE would make a post about this, but I can wait no longer. The news must go out!)

A RECIPE FOR DESTRUCTION.

1. Prepare your kitchen counter. The floor, too. Cleanliness is good! And no, having the dog lick up that gravy spill doesn't count. Use a mop. And take a shower, now that I mention it. Your teeth could use some brushing too.

2. Gather your ingredients and implements. You will need one (1) ghostly stick of slicing things with which to prepare today's dish, which is garnished with two (2) sparkly bits of fantastic sparkliness. They add a zest and a fresh flavor of SPEEDY DEATH that can't be beat. See example here.

3. A good recipe requires seasonings. We're keeping things simple here, but we're going for a very special, high-class flavor. This is not salt; this is saffron hand-picked by the most beautiful sun-kissed children of the Spice Islands and shipped straight to the markets of Zanzibar in exquisite golden containers. This is the rarest addition of all.

4. Hlap Hloop!

5. Using the ghostly Roncomatic Slice-o-Dicer, prepare the sparklies and season liberally with indestructibility. Bake in Horadric Oven at 250 degrees for 45 minutes. The crust should be the golden brown color of Pindleskin in a row of firewalls and a toothpick inserted into the center of Duriel's corpse should come out clean. Here's our completed dish.

Liquid Evil approached me last week with an offer to trade for the Zod I received long ago from Lord Vega. He and his friends gathered together a mighty trove of hardcore goodies for me, since that's the flavor of Diablo I'm playing nowadays, and I sent off the rune to join his perfect weapon and perfect jewels in the perfect druid weapon.

It's a thing of beauty, entirely legit, and I'm proud to have been a part of it, even if all I did was hold onto a rock for a few months. :)

Hopefully other people involved in the trades will add their knowledge to this thread. Congrats to LE!

pharphis, Kitteh and Evilfury like this.
  2. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

:worship:

Damn, that is one excellent weapon. I hope LE comes and posts some more stories about the weapon.

crg

3. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

Fear the almighty Druid that wields that weapon!

I demand more screenies!

4. Sleepless

Sleepless IncGamers Member

Tss, only 1k max damage. It can only be a weapon for a n00b fury/rabies druid :p

5. ChaoticTwitch

ChaoticTwitch IncGamers Member

:eek: dear god, the druid that weilds that will make most soil themselves. well most not all ;)

cheers, C.T.

6. Arewyn

Arewyn IncGamers Member

I second what teh nub said

7. RDC

RDC IncGamers Member

I want that. Liquid is most definitly evil to own such a nice slicer.

8. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I long for descriptions of what that first druid wielding that monster does to opponents like I long for a bald, lingerie-clad Juliette Lewis to appear on my doorstep asking for a place to stay for the night. Please provide one, the other, or both.

- Noodle

9. Derrick1001

Derrick1001 IncGamers Member

I can only drool at the awesomeness.

Kudos to you sir.

10. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

Congrats on the sharp stick to end all sharp sticks, Liq. I'm surprised at how quickly you got this done once Mil revealed that he had the reaver.

All that's left to do now is test it out in the Blood Moor...you-know-who is waiting... :D

Gentlemen, place your bets.
    5 zods on the druid :p

11. Nautilus

Nautilus IncGamers Member

Never before have I actually actually been floored by an electronic toy before this. My jaw dropped, I made strange grunting noises, and a few minutes later I regained the power of speech.

Good gods, that is a mighty weaopn indeed! I am most impressed.

12. Crazy Runner Guy

You and I and the others in the tourney?

crg

13. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

Yep, although I was planning to get a sneak peak and a few practice rounds with the uber-dr00d beforehand. Btw, did you finish your secret weapon character yet? :)

14. Crazy Runner Guy

Just for the record, that druid scares the hell out of me. There's something about that much poison damage damage, along with that much physical damage that makes you poo yourself. Any ideas on how to beat it, besides massive defense?

Clvl 82, act 2 Hell, Lost City. I'm going to push the char farther tonight, and I should complete my char, Razor, by late Tuesday.

Then it's PvP time. :uhhuh:

Also, just to let everyone know: The Reaver swings at 5 fpa Rabies and 4 fpa fury. Again, that is damn scary, considering that I have seen a screenie of the druid's char screen. ::shudders::

crg

15. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

I'd actually be more worried if Liq used a DC/SS with max block and used hit and run tactics with rabies. The 10k max fury damage is still troubling, since he could in theory take down my barb in two fury attacks, and I have low defense and no blocking.

I was going to do my usual tactic of leap stun + continuous whirl so that a) he can't hit and run with rabies and b) he has a harder time landing a swinging attack on a moving target like a whirling barb. Part b is from my experiences dueling range 1 smiters and range 3 zealots, so I don't know if he'll be able to land a Fury on me with a range 5 Tomb Reaver.

16. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

Erm don't get hit?

Seriously, I haven't seen many weapons with >1K max damage. In fact, with this the total number is now 2! Love to see the damage the ww can do with this baby.

Its an amazing weapon and a team effort no less :)

17. Crazy Runner Guy

First, my apologies for smei-hijacking this thread.

Range 5 with Shift + Attack = maybe a hit.

Also, with his rabies damage, one hit may be enough to kill you, especially if he start running.

crg

18. Asmodeous

Asmodeous IncGamers Member

Lol. at durf's write up. well done! I dunno why everybody blames you for everything when you capable of writing such a fine tongue in cheek send up as that.

Reminds me of Scipio's diablo 2 version of the battle of new orleans!

Yeah, horns off to liquid on his achievement for the most uberest of big sticks of pain.

And he is going to use it in PvP? :eek:

19. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

Nice stick.

Not that I'm jealous or anything, but has it ruined the game for you?

It always seemed to me that a weapon like this would make the game much less fun than it would make it fun. Of course this is from a SP perspective, with no desire to try my arms against a real life foe. But once you have equipment like this... is there any challenge left?

20. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

IIRC fury is interruptible, unlike zeal or smite, so as long as the hits from ww keep on coming I should be OK. If I do something stupid like stop a ww right in front of him, I'm pwned. The idea with the triangle short whirls is that I'll be constantly attacking him, hopefully interrupting any Fury attacks, and that it'll stop him from running (hit and run rabies).

Of course, this is all just purely theoretical at this point, I won't really know how it'll turn out until I duel him. Btw, I nominate Liq's druid as the most expensive, uber-geared PvP character on the SPF (zod, 2x 40/15, death's web, beta bramble, etc.). :p