Lionheart

bxr222

Diabloii.Net Member
Lionheart

Is it worth the runes making this armor for my LF Java? Is it worth to put on my merc? Thanks.
 

Shadoway

Diabloii.Net Member
Lionheart is good for a bowazon (20%ed, 30%resist). For a LF zon, resist is covered by a shield and damage comes from +skills.
 

exknowswhy

Diabloii.Net Member
bxr222 said:
Is it worth the runes making this armor for my LF Java? Is it worth to put on my merc? Thanks.
it makes a fine set of armor in my opinion if you dont need the pdr. it adds damage from str and dex and ed. you get res and more. the runes are not exceptionally high in comparison to the ones that are used in some of the other high end runewords. the only other downside is that it doesnt increase the def, so you are probably gonna be stuck with something less than 600ish. but i still love using it, my zon uses it when not mffing and my sin uses it too.
 

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
bxr222 said:
Is it worth the runes making this armor for my LF Java? Is it worth to put on my merc? Thanks.
Best freakin runeword armor in the game in my opinion, for the price of its runes.
 

Aginor

Diabloii.Net Member
Omikron8 said:
Best freakin runeword armor in the game in my opinion, for the price of its runes.
You are so damn right. Lionheart is the best armor in the game.
 

bxr222

Diabloii.Net Member
I really don't need the defense. I let my merc and valk take the hits. So I think I will go for it. I am assuming either archon, boneweave, or scarab husk are the best options for a zon. Anyone have any other ideas on this? Thanks.
 

Snarlin Stef

Diabloii.Net Member
bxr222 said:
I really don't need the defense. I let my merc and valk take the hits. So I think I will go for it. I am assuming either archon, boneweave, or scarab husk are the best options for a zon. Anyone have any other ideas on this? Thanks.
realize that any defense under 5000 is useless... its just as bad as having 0 defense.

it think you should just put it in breast plate.. ro some other rediculously low req armor. that way you can get a lot more use out of it in the future when you start twinking your pvp chars.

lionheart rocks... there is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED to put it in elite armor with higher reqs... the defense on it sucks... no matter what armor you use.. the defense will STILL SUCK. moreover... chars that use lionheart are not "defense" oriented chars.

I lov emy lionheart but i made the mistake of putting it in elite armor so now twinked chars cant use it... and the defense is still pathetic... so why even try to make a crappy defense armor into a less than crappy defense armor... its still crappy defense no matter what armor you use.

LIONHERT is easily the most cost effective armor in the game.
thnx
stef
 

bxr222

Diabloii.Net Member
You make some very good points there. From that perspective a breast plate is the ideal choice. No run/stamina drain and only 30 str req. I'll give it a shot.
 

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
bxr222 said:
You make some very good points there. From that perspective a breast plate is the ideal choice. No run/stamina drain and only 30 str req. I'll give it a shot.
Oh come on people a dusk shroud isn't THAT bad of a choice for this armor. A dusk shroud requires 77 strength and with the -15% mod on lionheart that will be even lower, and your zon will be wearing some mods that require strength anyways (eg. helm or shield).
 

exknowswhy

Diabloii.Net Member
Omikron8 said:
Oh come on people a dusk shroud isn't THAT bad of a choice for this armor. A dusk shroud requires 77 strength and with the -15% mod on lionheart that will be even lower, and your zon will be wearing some mods that require strength anyways (eg. helm or shield).
exactly. since he is a javazon, i assume that means he is using some sort of shield. i assume that this is a ss or one of the other high quality shields, which implies that he should have plenty of strength to wear an archon, dusk shroud, or other light armors.
 

Kirsty

The Order of Dii Guild Member
Snarlin Stef said:
realize that any defense under 5000 is useless... its just as bad as having 0 defense.
And pvm defense rating for amazons does make a sufficient amount of difference since most monsters don't have a terribly high attack rating. It ranges from 3000 to 5000 and only few get above that.

Chance to be hit = MonsterAR/(CharDR+MonsterAR) * 2 * mlvl/(clvl+mlvl) * 100%.

Suppose you're the same level as the monster, that will leave:

Chance to be hit = MonsterAR/(CharDR+MonsterAR) * 100%.

From 1000 defense to 1500 defense that means a difference in the chance of being hit of 6% to 7% and you will notice that difference quite well. It still gives your opponents a high percentage to hit you, but if you use valkyrie, decoy, mercenary tactics you won't be that much of a target. If an attack is aimed at you that 6% will still make a difference, although blocking and the dodge, avoid, evade skills will aid you as well.
 
Top