Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lionheart!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Stormie, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

Lionheart!

My highest SP character is a bowazon, and a crappy one at that. Since she was started a long time ago, before I really got into strategy online, she's not very well planned out, and suffers from dire errors like excessive skill points in Magic Arrow and Ice Arrow. And her equipment is nothing super, since I don't have any better characters to MF for her. But she can still take care of herself. She's in Act 5 Hell (done the first 2 quests) and I think proves that even a crappy character can solo Hell in 1.10. At least, you can if you have a lvl 17 Valkyrie. :)

Anyway, waaay back in Act 1 Hell, I found a 3 socket Archon Plate. Then one of my other chars had a Fal rune drop from one of Lister's mob in Nightmare. Then, this morning.. someone in the Frozen Highlands dropped a Lum! Lionheart was within my grasp! I didn't have a Hel, but I had 3 Dols, so that was OK.

..but I didn't have a chipped emerald..

So I dug out my crappy lvl 22 Sorc that I was bored with, and unleashed the Texas Chainlightning Massacre in Act 1. I was unlucky - I saw 9 other chippies fall before the emerald. But finally it was mine!

The results: loads more life, 55-ish extra damage on average, almost all of my resists are positive now (for most of Hell I've had 2-3 negative), and my merc inherits my Boneflesh armor.

Voila! http://members.iinet.net.au/~dcarson/lionheart.jpg

OK, I know it's no BotD, but it's by far the highest runeword I've made. Next best was a Rhyme shield made long, long ago..

Edit: new avatar in honour of the occasion

2. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

grats!! its a fine armor :thumbsup:

3. Boddah_khan

Boddah_khan IncGamers Member

That is a very nice cheap runeword. I use it or smoke on all my lower melee characters. Congrats!

4. Yngwie

Yngwie IncGamers Member

Nice! Lionheart is one of my favorite armors. :D

5. farting bob

farting bob Banned

its no BOtD, but that dont mean its a bad runeword.

6. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

Cheap?! <sigh>

I seriously considered Smoke, when I found that Lum (I had a 2-socket Great Hauberk in my stash I could have put it in), since it only needs the one "high" rune, and gives better resists than the Lionheart. But the rest of the package was too good to pass up. If I find another Lum I think I will make a Smoke for one of my other chars. Or save it for upgrading an exceptional unique weapon (I have a Pul! My highest rune! Got it from the Hellforge..)

7. Boddah_khan

Bad choice of words. Sorry for any offense. I don't consider the runes rare, but I should of realized not everyone has the same luck. Sorry! Cheers!

8. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

Oh, it wasn't offense, just a sigh. One of those "damn, I've almost completed the game in Hell, and an item that uses 2 of the 3 highest runes I've found is considered cheap" sighs. :)

Do you accumulate these runes through Countess-ing? Or just general play with more characters, more Hellforges, more Hell play than me?

9. Boddah_khan

Countess, and now I'm obsessed with cubing. 1.10 allowed all those "useless" rune drops to later be changed into something good. Also, playing through, I seem to get a lot of low/mid runes which can be cubed. And as for hellforge, I've almost always gotten Lum's or Um's. Just keep playing, I've not found anything above Lo. but (VERY slowly) I'm cubing there. Cheers!

10. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

I'm glad you have now experienced my favorite runeword in all of D2. Easy to make, lots of stats (60 i believe), res, and even 20% ED! Its a great runeword

11. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Congrats on the armor. :clap: Pretty good for the mid level runes it requires.

12. kramph

kramph IncGamers Member

Congrats on a very nice runeword. :thumbsup:

13. Ryondaahl

Ryondaahl IncGamers Member

I use Lionheart on all my melee characters, the mods are just wonderful. I am now looking for a 3 socket Sacred Armour to give to my level 99 Werewolf.

cheers,

Ryondaahl

14. Zavior

Zavior IncGamers Member

Lionheart is wonderful armor. I use it with my ww druid atm :)
    Althoug mine is in ornate plate.

15. randy

randy IncGamers Member

sweet amour, i love runewords and i certainly don't condiser it cheap. the highest i've made is a holy thunder sceptre. :uhhuh:

which i LOVE.