Lionheart v Duriel's

robdylan

Diabloii.Net Member
Lionheart v Duriel's

Quick question

My zealot is currently using Duriel's Shell. I am on the verge of making him a Lionheart Wire Fleece/Boneweave. Any thoughts? I will lose 200 or so defence, but gain 20% damage. How does this damage work? Does it get added to weapon ED?

Thanks
Rob

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
The +ED% from equipment is added to ED% from skills (and Str).
So if your zealot have +700% enhanced damage from Zeal, Fanaticism, Sacrifice and STR, he will have 720% enhanced damage with Lionheart (EDIT: it also adds 25 STR, so it is 745% for most of melee weapons). Not a big deal, but it gives a ton of stat points and nice resists.

Immortal_Slayer

Diabloii.Net Member
I think that for a zealot, Duriel's would be better, upped if possible...This is because it has nice stats, resists, strength and life...Besides, with fanaticism, zeal and sacrifice all adding ED, the 20% won't make much of a difference. So i say stick with duriels..

-Slayer

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Immortal_Slayer said:
I think that for a zealot, Duriel's would be better, upped if possible...This is because it has nice stats, resists, strength and life...Besides, with fanaticism, zeal and sacrifice all adding ED, the 20% won't make much of a difference. So i say stick with duriels..
I disagree, at least about your reasons for it being better. Lionheart adds 10 more strength, more life (+110 life for a Paladin vs. 1 per level for DS) and the same total resist number to the three "big" elements (30 All vs. 20/50/20). Lionheart also gives a boost to DEX and energy. The extra damage is just a nice bonus, not the main selling point.

The only advantages of Duriels´s Shell are the CBF, the higher defense, and if you really need cold resist much more than the other resists.

asdfgah

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
I just love the lionheart runeword, so personally i would pick that one in front of a duriel's if i could and CBF is quite easy to get from an other source than armour (ravenfrost :p )

-Asdfgah

sunbearie

Diabloii.Net Member
As jiansonz mentioned, the difference between Lionheart and Duriel's Shell is that it frees up the ring slot from ravenfrost. Despite the good mods on a raven, having a rare leech ring (more life/resists) might be more useful for a zealot.

The defense might make a lot more of a difference when multiplied by HS/def. I upgraded my GA for that reason alone.

As always, looking at how switching affects your other equipment would help you make a better decision.

bill_n_opus

Diabloii.Net Member
Do you have a 3 sock Archon Plate? That's what i'd put it in ... and I did.

Reasons: highest possible defence for it's class, lowest stat reqs. Only problem is the level requirements ... but offhand the wire fleece, boneweave aren't that far apart so i'd go Archon Plate.

Summoned

Diabloii.Net Member
jiansonz said:
The only advantages of Duriels´s Shell are the CBF, the higher defense, and if you really need cold resist much more than the other resists.
Can't say I'll let that slip. ;)

You can put a jewel into that Duriel socket and blow away Lionheart's resists with 35/65/35/35, or get that extra 15%ias you need, or socket a 40%ed jewel (and 15%ias if you're that lucky), or even Ort rune to get +50% lightning resistance. The socket makes a lot of difference, but no one pays any attention to it. :)

Dodgydave

Diabloii.Net Member
Built mine in a Scarab Hust. I'm assuming it was the highest defence/low strength/light weight armour I had at the time.

I don't think the defence really matters. The defence difference between my one and a perfect defence (non-superior) archon is less than 60 anyway.

Lionheart
Scarab Husk
'HelLumFal'
Defense: 469
Durability: 28 of 28
Required Strength: 81
Required Level: 51
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x70e1429
+25 to Strength
+10 to Energy
+15 to Dexterity
+20 to Vitality
+50 to Life
+20% Enhanced Damage
All Resistances +30
Requirements -15%
Socketed (3: 3 used)

robdylan

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for all the input, guys

I guess I was looking for a really compelling reason to use the runes - I don't think there really is one, though. This guy is so close to Patriarch now anyway, and his resists are maxed with Duriel's as it is. Besides, I need all the runes I can get, as my real aim is to make 'Gloom' for my WW barb. Now, all I need is an 'Um' and a 3-os Archon Plate...

BTW - why is "sockets" abbreviated to "os"? Surely "so" would've made more sense.