Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

lionheart question

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by baalos, Mar 27, 2004.

1. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

lionheart question

I now have the runes for lionheart. I want to make it for a zon. What is the minimum def you would select to make this armor?

2. NeoHydragen

NeoHydragen IncGamers Member

Back in 09 putting it in a Wire Fleece was a common suggestion for amazons, this might remain true or it might have changed. I would think that it would still be a good choice, because it has relatively low strength requirements.

3. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

U want @ least 350 DEF on that armor...

4. NeoSolidSnake

NeoSolidSnake IncGamers Member

But we DO have to count the 'secks' ratings...

The Archon plate is much secks on the lady :p at pretty high defense and low stats!

secks plz!

5. det

det IncGamers Member

Elite Armours start in the 400 def range, if you can find a superior, I think it will have s.th like 440, 450. Str req is 77 (but LH has like -20% req :scratch: )

I think Greater Hauberk is already 118, Boneweave 156 (500+ def) ..it gets really bad there strengthwise. Of course, nothing beats the black look of a Shaftstopper

6. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

So 480 def diamond mail is ok?

7. det

det IncGamers Member

Only drawback I see are the 131 str. req. Like the man above said...Archon plate is nice, as is Dusk Shroud or scarab husk.

But whatever you have lying around....just no Heavy armour, as that slows you down (e.g loricated mail)

8. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Just check the item database at this site and you'll see precisely what defense and requirements all armors have ;)

Wyrmhide, Dusk, Scarab Husk or Archon should be the "best" ones...

/Magnus

9. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

don't forget the -20% (i think?) to reqs on Lionheart... i made one in 1.09 in a dusk shroud cause i balked when someone offered me a higher def armour due to high reqs. Man was I annoyed at myself when I realized that my dusk shroud's reqs were next to nothing, and the higher def armour's would have been reasonable...

10. Prez

Prez IncGamers Member

Lionheart has no bonus to defense, so you will be looking at a def rating that is low no matter what armour you chose.

That being said, I would suggest that you take into consideration the level requirement (elites require a higher lvl to wear), the str req (elites are higher of course) and your future use of the item (other characters perhaps?). Of course there is also the ever important "pimp" factor which can override any and all of the these considerations.

Bottom line, I recommend a light armour above all else and don't worry about the def. I have even used an exceptional armour for the lower req and the ability to equip at a lower level.

Prez

11. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

Most bows and equipment have a strength requirement of 77-110. (89 for up'ed wws, 97 for eagle, 110 for buriza, 77 for botd crusader, as for wf I think it really should be socketed with a -15%req/2nd mod jewel.) Consider the 15 str added by the lion heart, you need only 62-95. Thus you should choose armors with a str req of 72-109 (due to the hel in armor). That leaves you with Dusk Shroud, Wyrmhide and Scarab Husk. But really, Dusk Shrould is the best choice. It has essentially the same defense as the other armors and has far less str req and level req.

12. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

I went with the diamond armor. It was only 8 from the high, and is medium, so my speed is pretty good. I'm faster than the goldplate I was wearing before.

13. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

I pick whatever type of armor looks the best :)

14. Origin

Origin IncGamers Member

why do people use lionheart? it seems utterly crap to me..

15. stevethatsmyname

stevethatsmyname IncGamers Member

you are utterly crap.

give me life, give me resists, give me str, give me dex, give me -reqs, give me ED, or GIVE ME DEATH

16. Silkweed

Silkweed IncGamers Member

I'd have said minimum of 500 defense, but that's just me. You can usually get that on elite armors. I'd suggest dusk shroud, wyrmhide, wire fleece and archon plate. Wire fleece has the highest secks rating.

17. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

Okay, reasons I use Lionheart ...

1) Cheap to make, 3 lowish range runes.
    2) Really solid resistances.
    3) GREAT stat bonus.

... That seems to do it for me. I think you need to define crap. If by crap you mean good, then you'd be correct.

Lucky

18. det

det IncGamers Member

Go away...

19. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

One thing I noticed back in 1.09 was all the SC zons used shaftstop, but in HC they used other things. I think that as you learn about the game, you begin to realize that lionheart is godly. That's the thing I love about this game; a lot of the stuff isn't obvious to beginners, or even advanced players who haven't thought about it or tried it. There's just a ton of stuff to learn/test/try. Not just single items, but also combinations of items.

As others have said, the runes are fairly easy to find. It also has a low level requirement and adds a ton of stats. It's not a spell caster armor, but it's very good for most characters.

20. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

i disagree.... i've had sorcs that use it too! :D with the -req, you can get good def for low req armour, and +stats makes blocking easier, plus a bit more energy, and of course resists... it's just missing +skills to be a godly caster armour, and i've never gone with godly equipment anyway...:lol: