Lil problem with my necro in hell

Mikk0

Diabloii.Net Member
Mad Mantis said:
For PvM I think BSpear is better. The piercing ability is very valuable.

If you want to pump Mages you must make sure that you can handle the extra minions. Don't think of them as extra Skeliies, they work a bit differently.
But doesen't b/p skills need sync bonus to work properly?

Hmm... can i handle mages... if i can handle those darn dump revives i think i can handle the mages too.. how are they differend from skellies? and it might be usefull to have mages, just for extra targets for the darn slingers :drink:

revives are kind of dump.. and they keep disapperaing when i run for example from eldric to shenk, *whoop* all revives gone :scratch: . hope that mages dont do that *whoop* thingy :uhhuh:

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Revives have no AI. Blizz forgot to program it. Instead they got AS (artificial stupidity).

Mages are different in many ways from Skellies. They are ranged, meaning you will need to keep monsters away from them. They are not as sturdy, so o not rely on them as meatshields. In order to have them work effectively you need to shield them from the enemy.

P&B Skills do need some synergies to be effective, but with about 40 points you can have a skill that will ASSIST your Skellies really well. You will not be "pwning" left and right, but it does make for a nice addition.

Mikk0

Diabloii.Net Member
Mad Mantis said:
Revives have no AI. Blizz forgot to program it. Instead they got AS (artificial stupidity).

Mages are different in many ways from Skellies. They are ranged, meaning you will need to keep monsters away from them. They are not as sturdy, so o not rely on them as meatshields. In order to have them work effectively you need to shield them from the enemy.

P&B Skills do need some synergies to be effective, but with about 40 points you can have a skill that will ASSIST your Skellies really well. You will not be "pwning" left and right, but it does make for a nice addition.
hmm... i have to think about that.. it is mages, lower res and ce vs bspear and lower res(?) .. but i think that i dont have the skill points to to get 'godly' bone skill :xeek:

that revive thingy is just true..

ty for all who helped me :drink:

zrk

Diabloii.Net Member
no at lower skilllevels bone spirit is better it makes more damag.
and as synergy use bone wall or prison so u get better chances at drops in public games.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
zrk said:
no at lower skilllevels bone spirit is better it makes more damag.
and as synergy use bone wall or prison so u get better chances at drops in public games.
But it damages only one enemy. If you PvM with your Skellies as back up, the BSpear with pierce is more useful.

Mikk0

Diabloii.Net Member
Mad Mantis said:
But it damages only one enemy. If you PvM with your Skellies as back up, the BSpear with pierce is more useful.
hmm.. true that

you guys have been all so helpfull.. thank you for that.

i remeber the late 1.09 when there was verry few posters and people were not this friendly all the time.

seriously. i gotta think these options that i have and once more, ty for the help :clap: (damn i like this smile)

tl998

Banned
Solution:

Steps
1) Build a Blizzard or Meteorb sorc
2) Kill HELL meph 10,000 times
3) Socket the Homunculus you find with a Pdiamond
4) Use a different armor. One with resists hopefully. Try Smoke runeword or Lionheart.
5) Leave energy alone next time, and rememebr to pump dex for max block.
6) With level 27 SM/RS, you should still be ok in Hell. You won't kill things uber quickly, but skelemancers supposed to be able to play thru untwinked.

In all seriousness, you should be ok, except I don't like having no block. Sounds like you really do need resists though. To get ebtter stuff, you gotta go MF a lot. Build a sorc for that. Sorcs can kill NM meph pretty easily. Do that for a while to get medium gear, and then when you're strong enough kill hell mephy a lot of times, and after that your necromancer will do better. IT sucks, but that's how everyone does it.

Beatboxer

Hey Mikko, what a convoluted thread you simple questio became.:confused:

Your best bet is c.e man. You might like it's radius now but when it's maxed it hits nearly the whole screen. Trust me it is really good, esp. for mfing. Get a corpse or two, cast amp or decrep (<--helps quite a bit) and just hold that c.e. button down. (for the most part) Almost all will always fall.

From your build/equip list what it looks like you really need is a tougher might merc. If you got him equiped better and then maxed c.e. I can almost guarantee you'll be happy with the results.

Mages would be your second choice. A pretty good one. You killing power will a bit slower than above though.

Lower resist almost never needs skill point investment. Plus skills pump it fine. And what do you want to lower the enemy resistance for anyway? Your a skele summoner, physical damage is what you got. :drink:

Hope that helped. You probrably allready decided by this point.

I also only scanned the later posts, so pardon me if I repeated something someone else said.

Mikk0

Diabloii.Net Member
tl998 said:
In all seriousness, you should be ok, except I don't like having no block. Sounds like you really do need resists though. To get ebtter stuff, you gotta go MF a lot. Build a sorc for that. Sorcs can kill NM meph pretty easily. Do that for a while to get medium gear, and then when you're strong enough kill hell mephy a lot of times, and after that your necromancer will do better. IT sucks, but that's how everyone does it.
well.. im doing ok now.. im doing runs at hell a5.. i have like 300 mf and it keeps getting better all the time when i find something more usefull :evil:

im personaly fed up for thos mf sorcs.. i'v played too many sorcs in 1.09 so it is time to try some thing differend (not exactly: i had ce/blood goleem/im/mf nec in classic)

Mikk0

Diabloii.Net Member
PhantoM_RaynE said:
sry i suc at writing.....

if he wants soj, trangg set ect ill give him sum stuff, ive been feeling really generus...

ohh.. that would be cool.. (tho im not whining for items, if you know what i mean..)

im on Europe acc *Spyro[FAR]

Mikk0

Diabloii.Net Member
Beatboxer said:
Hey Mikko, what a convoluted thread you simple questio became.

Your best bet is c.e man. You might like it's radius now but when it's maxed it hits nearly the whole screen. Trust me it is really good, esp. for mfing. Get a corpse or two, cast amp or decrep (<--helps quite a bit) and just hold that c.e. button down. (for the most part) Almost all will always fall.

From your build/equip list what it looks like you really need is a tougher might merc. If you got him equiped better and then maxed c.e. I can almost guarantee you'll be happy with the results.

Mages would be your second choice. A pretty good one. You killing power will a bit slower than above though.

Lower resist almost never needs skill point investment. Plus skills pump it fine. And what do you want to lower the enemy resistance for anyway? Your a skele summoner, physical damage is what you got.

Hope that helped. You probrably allready decided by this point.

I also only scanned the later posts, so pardon me if I repeated something someone else said.
i agree.. this lil post has gone larger and larger :clap:

i have not placed any points yet.. im now lvl 83 28 skill points unused and 2 comeing from izual when i bother to kill him. also i have 95 stat points free :scratch:

i think ill get:

1 pt lower resist (for those pesky 'after amp physical immunes')
max mages
1 pt bone armor
1 pt bone wall
rest to ce

i indeed have a lil resist problem.. but im loking for that homonculus to drop :sleep:

ty all for help :drink: