Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lil problem with my necro in hell

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Mikk0, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Mikk0

Mikk0 IncGamers Member

Lil problem with my necro in hell

well.. this is how it goes. my necro is kinda useless in hell, so im wondering if someone could help me to figure out what is wrong...

LvL 77 nec

im useing

Peasant crown
    Skulders
    2x rare rings with mf, mana and some resist
    rare +2 nec wand
    rare +2 nec head
    rare boots with mf, res and r/w
    rare +1 nec ammy with mf
    some crappy belt i just picked up (havent found anything that usefull yet)
    + some crappy picked up charms with life, mana and some res

my skills

all curses 8 after + skills

CE lvl 8 after + skills

rise skeleton and skeleton mastery 27/27 after + skills
    summon res 12 after + skills
    revives 12 after + skills

+ 22 skills unused (where to put them?)

stats

110 STR
    25 DEX
    233 VITA
    90 NRGY

+65 points free (if i find something i would like to use i can alloacte these points)

might merc

rattlecage
    undead crown
    pierre tombale couant [ethereal]

im not a rich player on the ladder, i had long break after the release of 1.10 and this nec is now 1st char i mad in the patch.. so can anyone tell me what is wrong with this? it seems that i can't get anything done at hell (tho hell a1 was quit simple).. so all comments and tips are welcome :clap:

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Well you maxed SM and RS, so that is good. You got a Might Merc, also good.

How is your cursing behaviour. Are you using the right curses?

Do you use Clay to slow things?

What level is your Merc?

You might want to see if you can get some more +Skills.

3. _OuTofSynC_

_OuTofSynC_ IncGamers Member

Hmm, your build for the necro isn't too bad, actually. I'd suggest two points in clay golem, and one in golem mastery. The clay golem makes a nice tank, and with your +skills it can only get better. The low mana cost to summon it is pretty good too. You might want to put just one point in skeletal mage also, as the slow from cold helps too, and your +skills help here again.

4. Mikk0

Mikk0 IncGamers Member

well i use attract, amp and decrify..

i see the dim vision as a 'waste of skill points' at this point..

i rather use blood goleem for ll.. those damn slingers hurt and golem heals :flip:

im now @ lvl 82 and merc is 82 also.. now im running pindle/eldric/shenk and only problems now are the damn ranged attackers who hit me..

for the + skills: this is my only charr.. i wear what i find.. so if i find harle etc, ofcourse i use them.

but still.. now i have 27 skill pt's and 2 comeing from izual..

i'dd like to put them somewhere.. any ideas? mages maybe and lower res?

5. Mad Mantis

This can all be solved by using DV. If you DV the ranged attackers, they can not hit you and you are free to use Clay.

6. DeadFukker

DeadFukker Banned

What's the difference between 1 point and 2 points?

Gumby is a 1 point wonder...along with Golem Mastery and Summon Resist.

Gumby's only real purpose is the slow that he causes, and the fact that he has the most life of any other golem...but I would'nt call him a tank...his Skeletons are a tank...as it is for any Summoner.

Formerly HoS,

DF

7. Mad Mantis

HoS, what happened?

8. Mikk0

Mikk0 IncGamers Member

Well.. i have noticed that dim vison is useless b/c:
    attract makes ranged atackers to attack each other.

well.. i can see the potential use of the dv in the mf runs (pits etc) where you need to run from the enemy.. but thats not me, isnt it?

waht gomes to galy golem.. i find blood golem mutch more usefull in the normal gameing (im not arguing about the boss runs, there glay golem could make he's break trough) becaus i dont notcie mutch more difference if one opponent is slowed..

i think i have to give DV another shot with the ranged attackers..

but still.. i have this one question sitll open:
    WHERE TO PUT MY REMAINING SKILL POINTS?

thx for all who replied :clap:

9. DeadFukker

DeadFukker Banned

Seems that the didn't recongize my password anymore...though I never changed it. So, decided to just take my account name instead(but had to keep my favorite 'tar)

Here's how I got the name DeadFukker:

I was under my old account doing nm baalruns with my summoner, when in comes some zon and decideds to hostile me(for lagging her she said) so, I accept her invite(and with only 30 summons out and the zon not knowing about my ammy with teleport on it)...she proclaims me a deadfukker.

I tele on top of her, and she can't bear the weight of all my summons...and dies alittle quickly. Told thanks for the new name...and just kept it.

:drink: :buddies:

DF

10. SeeiN2StarS

SeeiN2StarS IncGamers Member

I like that story... Its a good one

11. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

Well... if you've been going this far without them then you don't really need them. I'd decide what my play style is or how to speed thing up. If you're really impatient then you may want to turn it into a Poison hybrid. If you want to stick with summons then I'd beef up my mages (although it won't do as much damage as synergizing the poison tree). After the Mages I'd put more in Corpse Explosion to speed things along. I saw no bone armor or bone wall in your list so I'd consider a point in each. I'd stay out of bone prison just in-case lightning struck and marrowwalks drops for you.

Another thing to consider is to make a Venom dagger and Max PDagger and use the charges for synergies. It won't do as much as Max Poison Nova and Poison Explosion but it's cheap.

12. PhantoM_RaynE

PhantoM_RaynE IncGamers Member

caught decriphy.....or how ever the hell you spell it...cant even say it....yea..

jesus crist boyet a better wand!!!

youneeda get diff stuff man! i g aurentie a huge boost if you use trang gloves, belt, and hat, or w/e items you can. firewall is invaulabel to me, over 1k per second, can help with that 1st body or 2..or 4...

i resently fell ito sum monye(freind quit playing, got acc ect...) and my a2 might mecr is an aura stacker(might thorns holy freeze) and he dose 1600 dmg, he help a ton. i am lvl 75 and can solo hell cows, outersteps w/e(not to diablo, or a5 yet)

my skills are as follows wiht +items(no anni or charms)

sm 33 rs 33 clay 11 rm 25 revie 22 sr 14 decr.....17

lioric
    enigma
    homu
    soj
    soj
    trang ha
    trang hands
    trang belt
    travs
    mara;s

thats my chaicter

13. ranvage

ranvage IncGamers Member

Can anyone read what the hell he just said?

dude..D I C T I O N A R Y

14. Krazy_Solo

Krazy_Solo IncGamers Member

Someone has been drinking too much only explaination for the slurr speech o.o...

15. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

The best part of Phantom's post is that he EDITED IT. He saw something he didn't like--such as the English language, so he had to change it.

As for the original post, I noticed a lack of dex, which means a lack of blocking. That's a problem. I don't think the leftover points are going to solve that problem, however, unless you wear a Whistan's socketed and crammed with an Eld.

Anyway, although you don't list them, I bet your resistances are low, and sadly the only thing you can do about that is find items that will increase them. Resistance charms are helpful, but I'm not sure where the best place to for those are. I had problems with resistances for a long time (at one point I wore a Ward on switch for Conviction aura bosses to stay out of the red zone), and lucking out on the Hellforge gave me the ability to trade for a pdiamond Homunculus. Sometimes, that's what you need... luck.. and a good rune.

I'd put some more points into CE, and I always like more than one or two mages. More like 10. I like to have the whole army.

Mad Mantis is on to something by inquiring about your gameplay. Using Amp in all but act boss/fanaticism aura'ed uniques is always a good idea. Combined with CE, it's deadly in all levels of Hell. If you are using Decrep at all times, you are reducing your killing speed by half, since decrep only +50% dmg while Amp does +100%. Clear column 4 for blue pots and liberally apply CE to all monsters, quaffing away when necessary. I always manage to find enough from drops to make trips to town unnecessary.

16. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

Also, Phantom, your advice isn't much help because it focuses on the one thing that the original poster said is a problem--he's not rich. Throwing Soj's and partial Trang sets in his face isn't going to help, but mentioning that you have these items probably got you juiced, which isn't helping anybody.

Last year when I started posting (under a different account) build questions for Amazons, I always got responses telling me to get better stuff, when getting better stuff was strictly impossible. What I wanted was someone to tell HOW to get better stuff, not to tell me about how great their stuff is. Think about how frustrating this is:

I want better stuff.

Well, then get better stuff.

How do I get better stuff?

Get better stuff, and you should get better stuff.

Pet peeve of mine. :growl:

17. Mikk0

Mikk0 IncGamers Member

the problem was not my game play.. im doing ok now @ act 5 but it was a pain to get there :drink:

i have seen so many posts about dex vs vit and i have chosen to go with the vita, so thats kinda that (mainly because i did not have any shield with deacent % at the begining)

what comes to my gear.. ofcourse i will use better stuff when/if i can find any.. now im useing almost ully mf gear to find something. and im thinking that im doing ok when running pindle/eldric/shenk (i have found some elites but nothing realy good yet)

almost every resist i have is negative and i have noticed that all kinds of charms do not drop as often as they used to (NOTE: im not a noob, just 1.1 noob :scratch: )

i think im going to put the rest points to mages and get lower res and get bone armor. rest of the points will go to CE, but i dont see huge advantage to pumping it, b/c it only increases the mana cost and radius..

more inputs are welcome, ty for all :clap:

18. Mad Mantis

Try using both at the same time. This will still cause them to attack each other and after Attract wears of they will not auto target you. The only problem with Attract is that with some types of monsters you can get caught in the crossfire.

As for extra points...Maybe pump Mages, get some CE or get some Poison or Bone skills.

19. Mikk0

Mikk0 IncGamers Member

ty for the tip. and i have noticed the problem with crossfire (damn slingers #¤#"%!%)

im kinda happy with my CE radius.. atleast i think i am :scratch: so wouldint it be more usefull to pump up mages and lower res..?

im gonna get bone armor and bone wall @ 1 point.. what b/p skill would you recomend?

20. Mad Mantis

For PvM I think BSpear is better. The piercing ability is very valuable.

If you want to pump Mages you must make sure that you can handle the extra minions. Don't think of them as extra Skeliies, they work a bit differently.