Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ligtning help.. :D

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Rune, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Rune

Rune IncGamers Member

Ligtning help.. :D

I a making me a Chain ligtning sorc...

Waht bring most dmg
    Viperskin socket Um + 1 Ligthnig GC
    Or
    Viperskin socket 5/5 Ligthning Fact + 3 sc´s 5% all res..

I want hir to have max res.. so dont say Viper socket fact + ligthning charm :D

2. Rune

Rune IncGamers Member

myabe just its easyer if i just ask 5/5 ligthning fact vs +1 ligthning charm what brings most dmg :D

3. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

The lightning charm will bring more damage - if my calculations are correct. This is because you get another point to chain lightning itself and lightning mastery.

4. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

imo a 5/5 lightning facet is better, not for the +5%ed but for the -5% lightning resis. the -5% from targets lightning resist is the same as adding 5% to all lightning dmg. if this is for pvp use then the charm would be better if the one you are dueling has 5% over max lightning resist, then the -5% resist as not helped you where as the charm has. lightning dmg as you know can go form 5-(10k-30k) with the right items, the low end may heal them where as the top end can not be stoped. for pvm i would go with the 5/5 LF, but for pvp some the 5/5lf>charm and other where charm>5/5lf

5. Shadow_247

Well, I just did the calculations in-game. You end up with more damage if you go with the perfect lightning facet. The -5res ends up being more than just 5% extra lit damage. Nothing significant, but it is a higher damage. I'd almost be tempted to use the facet in any situation, i think it will always give more damage.

6. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

Shadow_247 it depends on the oponent´s resists, if they for example have 95% resist all just exactly that, then -5% would increase the dmg 100% ... all in all the facet is the best option because of that...

7. Shadow_247

Yes, yes... read above, i try to explain myself. After in-game testing, i'll agree with facets being the better choice.

8. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

Yes, look at the posting/editing times :) i just finished a couple of seconds before you actually finished your edition :)