lightsabre ups and downs

frybaby

Diabloii.Net Member
lightsabre ups and downs

so im not exactly a noob.

i started in diablo about 7 years ago and a few years after that got into diablo ii and throug ha few trial and error sessions i became a pro [took about 2 and a half years] and i had a lvl 98 mf sorc and lvl 99 pvp frenzy barb.
with 2 accounts of mules. =] i was living the rich life.

unfortunately my disk broke, i accidently rolled over it with my desk chair trying to pick it up. it was not until about a month ago that i got a new disk [yay]
so the whole point of that was to tell you im not a noob but i do have a noob question.

im making a frenzy barb again but not pvp, just pvm. its gonna be for fun, and probably for rushing.

what are the effects of a lightsabre in the latest patch, if any changes, what are they?

and what do you think about using dual ls.

if you want the other equip i have in mind let me know and ill tell you what it will be going along with.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
A lightsaber might be enough for nightmare, but I doubt that a frenzy barb will survive well with it in hell mode. He also won't have a shield, so he will get hit 4 times as much as a character with a shield and maximum blocking. That means he needs lots of life leech as well.

I made frenzy barbs with dual Oath swords (runeword) and dual Stormlash scourges (unique) and my latest and most successful one wears a Breath of the Dying BA and a Death BA (both runewords and IMO the best combination a frenzy barb can wear). Other good weapons are Death Cleaver (unique BA), the Beast runeword, the Last Wish runeword and probably a few other 1.10 uniques and runewords I forgot.

All these are 1.10 items which you might not know yet. In case you forgot: BA = berserker axe.

Apart from weapons, I strongly suggest to wear Dracul's Grasp gloves for their chance to cast lifetap (allows LL from anything that isn't immune to physical damage, including skeletons etc.).

You can find a frenzy barb guide in the barb forum.

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
My frenzy barb did just fine last season. He used various unique swords along the way but his endgame weapons were a really bad Grief PB (340 damage) and a Lightsabre. That "bad" Grief was, and still is, a wonderful weapon! Something else that helped was an Act 2 merc with a Reapers Toll (ctc decrepify) to nuke the PI's.

Dracul's are great, but understand that if you have any other Chance to Cast a curse gear on, the Life Tap will be going off and on as they each kick in.