Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

LightSabre and Thundergod's

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by CaimDark, Sep 16, 2006.

1. CaimDark

CaimDark IncGamers Member

LightSabre and Thundergod's

I'm not sure if it's allowed to post this in the single player forum (if not, please delete), but I've seen other threads like this, so here goes.
    I need these two items to boost my lightning defenses, and after lots and lots and lots of mephisto runs, I've found everything from crushflanger to shako, and tens of repeated sets, but can't seem to find any of those. Does anybody have them? I would gladly trade good Items for them.
    Regards,
    CaimDark

2. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

So what is this..
    Question:
    a) you're begging for items.
    b) you're trying to trade.
    c) you're copying other threads.

Answer:
    a) Go away, be proud and find your own items. If you really need help try going trough the give-away thread. It's at the top of the page, can't miss it.
    b) You do realise there's an entire trade forum right?
    c) Please.. ''I've seen threads like this''.. I haven't.

Read as: If you asked question a, read the answer a, if you asked question b, read answer b.. etc.

3. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

4. CaimDark

A) Interesting, most Diablo players don't seem to know the difference between "ask" and "beg". I might try to explain, but won't. Use the dictionary if you want to. As for finding items, I found some, but not all, obviously, and I'm not a drone to spend countless hours, days, weeks, even months doing mephito and pindleskin runs. I'd rather have fun with the game. And I feel no pride whatsoever in getting something that's based on pure chance. But you may go ahead, be proud and spend you days doing meph\pindle runs, then show off to your friends that you found everything yourself and get your self-esteem boost. I'll be busy having fun, so I can't join you.

B) I realize there's a trade forum, but I did not know single player was included.

C) Funny you've never seen anything like this and I have, considering I'm the new beggar in the forum, and you're the veteran know-it-all.
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=493918

Thanks. I guess not all D2 players are complete jerks to the new guys!

5. Samsung

Samsung Banned

There was no need for you two to be jerks to each other. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all :azn:

You might want to post this in the singleplayer trading forum though.

6. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

@Sint: lately you seem to get upset very easily by "noobish questions". Calm down please, we are here to help, especially if the newcomers are polite like in this case.
    @CaimDark: I want to remind you of these two posts:
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showpost.php?p=4796570&postcount=14
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showpost.php?p=4796699&postcount=17

In short. You can't trade here. Begging for items is not welcomed in SPF. Your only chance is a Giveaway thread.

7. CaimDark

I remember those two posts, but I thought they did not apply to single player games, because as you said yourself (mocking my BotD executioner sword!:cry: ) what I use in my computer's my business.
    Do I need to ask you first before participating in the giveaway? I don't to want to go through all the rules and requirements of the trade forum, so I won't try there, I'm just here for a while after not playing for so many years and having lots osf question. I guess by the time my "probation period" ends I won't even be a regular anymore.
    Anyway, thanks for the info, and thanks for the politeness.

8. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Ah yes, you're right Hrus, I went looking in my past messages and I found about two posts with snide remarks in the last two months. Sigh.. I consider myself warned.. again..
    Asking or begging for items is the same thing on a forum. If you make a thread solely for that purpose it's not just asking anymore. If you go to the give away thread and there ask for an item or two then it's fine. It's also funny you considered me a jerk when I used the term begging but accepted it from a mod.
    Also in the thread you pointed out the guy was finding people who play 1.09 first and then asked if there were give-aways in that version too. He didn't ask for specific items nor that they were given to him. Read trough it again and you'll see that he's looking for players. That people pick it up as a thread and offering to send him items doesn't matter after that.

Oh and lastely, don't picture yourself as an underdog and me as a bully saying you're the so called begger newb and I'm the now-it-all veteran. That's just plain being an (.......). If you look trough my first post here I did answer your question. I didn't do it as politely as possible, but I did it.

9. Arreat_mercenary

Arreat_mercenary IncGamers Member

Maybe you answered his(her?) question Sint, but as Hrus said, there's no need to do it in the b.net way (aka ruthless, unpolite and generally inmature).

Just directing him to the trade forum and/or giveaway thread saying than asking for items is not allowed here would do. Was there a need to be so unpolite?

Edit: Oh and welcome Caimdark, the Single Player Forum is generally very friendly and knowledgeable, just some times the members are upset :grin:

10. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Or unhelpful. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(Not in reference to you at all Sint.)

11. Ugla

Ugla IncGamers Member

Hello CaimDark,
    if you are looking for those items just for lightning absorb, I think it's an overpowered combo. "Mere" 25% absorb from lightsabre is more than enough, since it works approximately as the resistance of twice that value.

On the other hand, the Thundergod's is "designed" for an amazon, which usualy wields other weapons than swords. Still, you may be looking for those items for 2 different chars..

Also, there are other items, which may be used instead (increase max resistance, magic damage reduced by..). Perhaps you could specify the builds you intended those two for.

As far as my experience goes, the phaseblade seems to drop quite often later in the game, so there is a decent chance to obtain the unique one. The belt was kind of trouble for me also, but there are certainly better choices for non-javazon.

Ugla

12. CaimDark

Hey guys,
    Thanks for the welcome. Now that I was directed to the correct thread\forum, I can try getting them at the right place!