Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lightning-zon Merc weapon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Cloud Runner, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Cloud Runner

Cloud Runner IncGamers Member

Lightning-zon Merc weapon

I have the runes to make a Crescent Moon Polearm for my Might merc. I thought Doom would be nice too but some of the mods would just go to waste on them.

I was just wondering what other lightning javazons (cs, ls, lf) were using on their mercs (if they're act 2 mercs).

I would think with the -lightning resists and the static it would make a handy merc weapon as long as they got enough leech and dr from armor.

Also what polearm would you suggest putting it into? I was thinking an eth great poleaxe if I can get my hands on one.

Thanks a bunch.

EDIT: Thx for the comment. Doom is a little out of my price range atm.

Also, I am having trouble deciding what head gear to use on my zon. With CoH (friends are great) and SS (council drops a skullders!) her DR is almost at max so I am not that interested in Gaze. But the dual leech is very nice, although something i can get elsewhere especially if I trade out the chancies for some dual leech gloves with ias.
    So I guess, should I find a shako...or maybe keep using the tals/stealskull I have? Any other suggestions?

2. ZonnyWonny

ZonnyWonny IncGamers Member

Cresent moon would be decent, but if your wanting him to kill lighting immunes, those are immune to static which is the weapons big stat. My pure bliz sorc and LF zon both use a2 might merc's which ethereal cryptic axe's with doom in them. both do about 980dmg. Might + HF auras = everything dead except him. I use a up'd um'd shaft and tal mask on them as well. tal mask if ur wondering is to finish out resists, 10ll and 60hp's.

3. Lantto

Lantto IncGamers Member

I think the -res is only for the mercs lit dmg, not you. If you do use it an eth great poleaxe would be great yes. That one is prob even more expensive then the runes for Crescent Moon though.

Id say you want a weap that has as good dmg and leech as possible basicly. You could possibly go for slow or other more defensive mods, but imo a merc who deals good dmg and leech back is one that survives long and him beeing able to kill rather then just act as a meatshield is great. Personally I use a 320 ed boneshew with Amn+Amn and that works great.

4. Cloud Runner

Cloud Runner IncGamers Member

Hmm I didn't know the game could distinguish if the -lit res was only from one target. If that's true that bites.

Yea ideally I want to get a doom cryptic. I would really want to see that puppy in action and not ever worry about dying again. I have up'd goldskin on him now (I know...awful) And with a rare grim scythe (298%ed, 30%ias) he's doing some good damage and keeping himself alive pretty well with a 12% crown.

As you can see I try and spend the trades on my char and am stingy on my merc.

5. Lantto

Lantto IncGamers Member

I cant swear on it, but I think I remember a similar post from the sorc forum about doom merc and blizz sorc. Someone should confirm me on this though.