Lightning vs. CL

SwanSong

Diabloii.Net Member
Lightning vs. CL

I heard CL was casted based on attack speed, not cast speed. Does regular Lightningblot work the same way?

I was planning on making a Fire Ball DD/Ice sorc or a Glacial Spike DD/Lightning, but if regular Lightning worked on cast time, and was only a little less effective compared to CL, I was thinking of going Lightning DD/Ice.

Any help or suggestions for a noobie? :prop:

draffut

Diabloii.Net Member
That was an older patch, and it did apply to both Lightning and Chain Lightning. Irrelevent in the current patch.

Lightning and Chain Lightning (and Inferno though no one cares) now do work on FCR, _but_ on different breakpoints than all other spells.

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=495478

Second chart. Most people target aim to 117 FCR for 12 frames.

SwanSong

Diabloii.Net Member
So CL would be a better choice than regular Lightning, I take it?

That still leaves me with the question, though;
Ice base, or Lightning base? If I'm just using CL as direct damage, then what field would best compliment that?

aresze

Diabloii.Net Member
lighting can do 3 or 4 times damage than CL
but u need good tele skill make it more effective

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're going to use one as the synergy for the other...

Anyways, I use CL on my old sorc in conjunction with static and FO. It's a great spammable skill that clears off big groups really fast. Afterwards, you can switch to Lightning to knock off the remainder.

pliu

Banned
CL is good for 3 or more monsters . And it can hit one monster more than once. lighting is for single monster or boss.