Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lightning Trapsin now in hell. Need advice.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by cholerajoe, Mar 21, 2004.

1. cholerajoe

cholerajoe IncGamers Member

Lightning Trapsin now in hell. Need advice.

I am at Clvl 76 and at the start of act 2 hell diff. I want to know if I should put rest of skill points into Fire Blast or Blade Fury.
    My skills right now are like this
    Blade Fury : 1
    Fire Blast : 11
    Shock Web :1
    Charged Bolt Sentry :8
    Lightning Sentry : 20
    Death Sentry : 20
    Shadow Master : 11
    Fade : 2
    Mind Blast : 1
    Pre reqs :1

I am weilding 2x Bartucs and a Miras Kalidascope, Harly Crest with an upgraded Skin af Vipermagi.(oooh 1025 Def)

Right now I have +9 to all skills. But I am going to lose 2+all skills when I go to a Tiaras Diadem thingy.
    I need to be able to handle Lightning Immunes
    Will blade fury be worth the rest of my skill points later on or should I go with Fire Blast?
    Hmmm. This is my first trapsin. I have scaled /p8 back to /P4. TYIA

2. Zertuals_Ovrlrd

Zertuals_Ovrlrd IncGamers Member

Blade Fury does not require more than one point.

That's about all the help I can offer you... Have you read the lightning trapper guide on the Strategy Compendium?

Z_O

3. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

D-talon! or BF with CB, OW, venom, etc. Either one will work. D-talon is a boss killer, you might like it since you'll be able to do Baal runs that way. Either way you'll have to have trapper equip +other type of attack equip.

4. i_marsolek

i_marsolek IncGamers Member

If you want to stay strickly a trapper I would toss them into fireblast. Let your merc and shadow master handle the LI's while you use DS to corpse explode when they are dead. You shouldn't have much problems avoiding them with a HF merc (assuming you are using one). I don't know what the break downs are for the SM but you may want to put a couple of points in there to beef up her gear a bit after you loose the +2 skills

5. farting bob

farting bob Banned

i just patted my trpasin, and i found that death sentry was much more used in ehll, where you need the CE as well. so i started pumping fire blast, and now that i get 9 bolts per trap, its much better, it means i cn always have 5 trpas down, and dont need to replace them every few seconds in battle.
    blade fury is good, but you wont benefit from it enough to merit the large number of points youll put in it.

6. Jezzwashere

Jezzwashere Banned

lol... u have a transvestite assassin.....

7. zinger

zinger IncGamers Member

Congrats on advancing your trapsin. Mine is one of my all-time favorite characters - Conqueror Shiva just finished off Duriel in hell this weekend.

I would say that fire blast is definitely your best bet for the extra points. Then, a typical fight (a generous term, form the monsters' point of view) against a pack of lightning immunes goes like this: spam a few mindblasts, hit cloak of shadows, drop a death sentry, then spam fire blast while your merc hacks away. If it happens that anyone survives (rare) just refresh MB and CoS, and continue.

Good luck and enjoy your trapper!

8. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

first you need Claw Mastery (one point is minimum) for BF, you're +skill, will give you for one point "Attack" & "Damage"

Shadow master: one point to him is never loose , because you boost he's skill (and synergie). he's fire traps will be strongers than you're. to you to see to put or not more point.

blade fury :more one point is a big mistake, cost more mana for nothing.(double mana cost for 1% more damage is not a good choice , ok ?)

D-talon : you are trapsin, you're live is in the shadow. forget you're death with DT.

Fire blast : why not, but not over 17 point

Fade : do you know 1% PDR are in more?

Burst of Speed : Don't use it or you'll can't play without it after (you're barbar, sorceres will be like an snail after). can NOT use Fade and BoS in same time.

If you use lot of Blade fury, you can also use Venom (and change in that case all you're charm with poison by cold/fire/elect damage)

As you see you have the choice

9. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Fire blast is needed to be slvl 18 to fully synergize DSentry to 11 shots per sentry, it will also net a good 500-600 damage when it has lightning and death sentry at 20 each. So it can be used when monsters are lightning immune / physically immune to get that first kill for the DSentry to take effect

Blade fury is its strongest at 1 skill point. anything more then that starts impeding on your mana. With 7% or more mana leech you should be able to hold mana using blade fury constantly. If you wanna better your blade fury up your attack rating and weapon or use venom.

By the way does anyone else (other then me) play 100% all traps no other points in other skill trees?

10. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

SM, MB and cloack of shadow are to much important in HC to avoid them for poor players like me.

11. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

dont foget fade there, if your going C/C, you really need it IMO

12. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

I use burst ! you (me) can survive more one hour with anciens in hell HC with burst, you can't do it with fade

13. farting bob

farting bob Banned

:lol::lol: my mistake.

14. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

Lots of you are highly underestimating fire blast as itself. With my +skills, a lvl 39 fire blast does 3.6k - 4.3k dmg with 3 synergies. It kills LIs fast on its own. Definately max it.

15. kresida

kresida IncGamers Member

I've just started a Trapsin and i'm wondering how good she can do in hell playing untwinked? Do you think the builds above would work well, let's say with just +2-3 skills or would it require a different build? Also for those who've tried a pure Trapsin (with no Martial Arts), how does that fare against LI in hell?