Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lightning trapsin in hell?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by azithinkibe, Oct 2, 2006.

1. azithinkibe

azithinkibe IncGamers Member

Lightning trapsin in hell?

How exactly would a lightning trapsin fair in hell if you start hitting fire AND lightning immunes? What do you have left to attack with?

2. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

Your merc (and Shadow)

3. LRSAIA

LRSAIA IncGamers Member

pretty much, you could go for a grief weapon on switch or pick up an "Ice" bow...

4. smeer

smeer IncGamers Member

If your resources allow you to....get yourself of merc an Infinity

5. Funguspower

Funguspower IncGamers Member

Otherwise, you can use MB to stun/convert them to get a bit of time. Stunned monsters also can't attack your merc (not even Oblivion Knights.. A stunned oblivknight can't cast IM can he :D) which increases his life expectancy quite a bit.

/fung

6. azithinkibe

azithinkibe IncGamers Member

I see. I wasnt aware that the merc and SM would kick that much ***, heh.

In that case, would it be best to not even boost fire blast? Right now, heres what I had planned...

20 Fire Blast (to handle lightning immunes)
    20 Charged Bolt Sentry
    20 Lightning Sentry
    20 Death Sentry (also to handle lightning immunes, and just speed up killing overall)

Would it be better to just let my merc and shadow handle any lightning immunes and go with 20 Shock Web instead of 20 Fire blast?

7. papajustify

papajustify IncGamers Member

My Lightning Sin just uses light with no fire at all, so yes i either hope there are some non light immunes around to kill first to get bodies for death sentry, before blastin those immunes to bits, or just wait for my shadow, and merc to kill a couple, to get those bodies for death sentry. Which is sometimes takes a while.
    I cant comment on how useful the 20 fire blast would be, however the 20 in shock web for the synergy is very much needed i think in the overall build of the trapper.
    So overall if you have a bit of wealth and can afford good gear for your merc to stay alive and kill those pesky monsters, hold off on the 20 in fire and beef up your shadow master, while putting the synergy in lightning with shockweb, you could always go 10 in fire to help your merc out also if u really find it slow with the immunes, all the plus skill equip u can equip can really beef up that skill anyways.
    Good luck hope it helps