Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lightning then Fire?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by KiLLJOi, May 17, 2008.

1. KiLLJOi

KiLLJOi IncGamers Member

Lightning then Fire?

I currently have a lvl ** Light trapper with all the synergies maxed. I also at this point have about 14 extra skill points to play with. I have all the default trapper gear, 7 trap gcs, torch, anni, and the usual items and I was wondering if these points (given the gear im wearing) would be useful if I invested them into fire traps. My fire blast (with one point in it) I believe lvl 23. So my question is simply would it be worth it to have a more diverse trapper even though the fire traps wouldn't be lvl 40's like my lightning ones. ty in advance :wink:

2. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Re: Lightning then Fire?

I say put the rest into fire blast. It gets synergized by all your other traps, and you can throw it while your other traps are killing.

3. Alc

Alc IncGamers Member

Remember the 1pt wonders Mind Blast and Cloak of Shadows. Once you figure out how to use them, you'll love them.

Then: rest into Fire Blast.

4. KiLLJOi

KiLLJOi IncGamers Member

yea I already have mb and cloak of shadows but ty anyway :smiley:
    What would be the damage of my Wake of fire if I had:

lvl 26 Wake of Fire
    lvl 24 Wake Of Inferno
    lvl 24 Fireblast?

I'm really interested in Wake of Fire because of the stun it provides for PvP in addition to my lightning traps. Also the fact that this would provide backup for sorbers and immunes is appealing.

Why do u recommend Fireblast? It has a really small radius and requires lots of aiming

5. wizAdept

wizAdept IncGamers Member

1 point wof if you want to pvp with your char.
    dont bother putting more in wof/woi it wont be worth it with the amount of skill points you have left. If you want another attack put everything in fireblast that will do some damage.

Stunlock players and stomp on them and fb, it will keep them locked and add more damage. The only real options on a pvp trapper imo is to use fireblast or max mindblast for the rest of your skill points.

6. KiLLJOi

KiLLJOi IncGamers Member

by "stunlocking" you mean mind blasting them?

7. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Because fire blast WILL do damage with your remaining skill points, wake of fire will not.

8. wizAdept

By stunlocking them I mean locking them down with stun. The way stun works is when an opponent is mindblasted (has swirlies over their head) any damage you do to them, doesn't matter how much it is, will put them into hit recovery. So fireblast works nicely to stun a player every 9 frames (how long it takes to shoot out fb)
    This is of course in addition to standard LS/wof/mindblast stunlock tactics.

Maybe a good gameplay example is what you need to see..
    Here is a video I tend to spam around a lot, of my trapper (80 ls/20 fb/1 wof/1 fade/1 shadowmaster/1 mindblast) on a private realm dueling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwsyAW7jqew
    The build Im using isn't much different than a standard bnet w/s shell trapper build. Tactics are the same bnet or priv realm.

9. KiLLJOi

KiLLJOi IncGamers Member

ok, I followed your advice and put 1 in shadow master, just one in wof, and now I have 10 points left to spend, should I put them in mindblast or fireblast for pvp? I can't decide! :undecided:

10. wizAdept

mindblast if you want a team trapper, fireblast if you want a 1 vs all build.
    Fireblast makes chasing casters 1v1 a lot easier, makes it easier vs smiters and bowazons if you have a w/s block build. with maxed ls+synergies fb will do decent damage with 11 skill point investment, and if you level up any more you can sink more into it, 4k+ fb starts getting deadly on its own outside traps. Max mindblast builds are better in team duels, and better vs barbs however.