Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lightning Sorceress help!

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by rct two rules, Jun 17, 2008.

1. rct two rules

rct two rules IncGamers Member

Lightning Sorceress help!

I am making an ES Lightning sorc. With my left over points should I put them in Charged Bolt or Nova? Also why?

I am thinking like this:
    20 Lightning
    20 CL
    20 Lightning Mastery
    20 ES
    20 Telekinesis
    rest into ???

2. zallus

zallus IncGamers Member

Re: Lightning Sorceress help!

Just a question for you since I can't look at a skill tree right now. but how many more points do you expect to have? I only ask because aren't there a couple of Prereqs and also 1 pt. into tele, and I would also assume 1 point into warmth.

Thanks I will try and help you after that.

3. redground

redground IncGamers Member

u have only 12 points left and one is for tele and one is for warmth, so 10 points left... it doesnt really matter where u put it, the synergies will do the same, but the skill u choose to put wont be effective anyways.

4. carnivore

carnivore IncGamers Member

my build looks very similar, so here is my input.

maxing es wont probably be necessary (diminishing returns and you will have some +skills later on). i will probably go half way, more or less.

forget about nova and put those points into charged bolt. and not in the end, but in the beginning, you need some skill to level (unless you play non-ladder and will just do runs and have the work done for you).
    once you get to lightning, put all points there until you get chain lightning.
    i put only as much points into chain lightning as i felt necessary to remain decent killing speed, because it gets quite expensive in the beginning. as soon as i was lvl 30 i focused on lightning mastery and only put some more points into cl when i upgraded my equipment and had more mana..

at level 55 my skills are:

charged bolt 9
    lightning 5
    chainlightning 20
    lightning mastery 20
    telekinesis, teleport and energy shield 1
    warmth and static 1
    59 skill points total.

i will put the next 5 or so points into es, then max tk. lightning will be maxed after this. 39 additional skill points, which sums up to 98 or lvl 87 with all skill quests which seems reasonable. if i wont get so far (like not be able to do hell) i will be stuck with only a slight amount of damage less, so it wont matter much