Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lightning sorc

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by not again, Apr 28, 2008.

1. not again

not again IncGamers Member

Lightning sorc

Hey,

Im pretty new to HC, im played HC now about 4weeks.
    Im making Lite sorc, im poor so i am asking some help with the gear and skills. I cant afford infinity to my merc.
    First, should i aim to 75% block and ES or only ES?

Gear:
    Head: Shako (cant afford griffon)
    Armor: Vipermagi, ormus? (cant afford coh)
    Weapon: Wizzy or eschuta?
    Shield: Spirit OR stormshield? I like stormshield cos u can get max block with it and DR = more safety in HC
    gloves: magefist
    Belt: Arach or Tgods? Tgods for absorb and +stats
    Boots: treks

Also i dont have anni+torch, so i must put lots of strenght.. About 80?
    And with the skills?
    20 - Telekenesis (?)
    1 - Teleport
    1 - Energy Shield (?)
    20 - Charged Bolt
    20 - Lightning
    20 - Chain Lightning (?)
    20 - Lightning Mastery

Would you prefer max block and ES in HC or without max block and ES? just full vita?

2. Deci

Deci IncGamers Member

Re: Lightning sorc

Made my light sorc that uses tal's set and spirit month or so after reset. Works like a charm as full vita build. With decent fcr monsters don't hit you so getting ES and 75% block seems pointless :p

3. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

I've got a 63%FCR Max block, Stormshield, Energy Shield, Tal's set sorc. She does great.

I think the last synergy to max would be Charged Bolt. Later on when maxed it makes a decent boss killer, but Lightning gets the job done just fine.

I like Stormshield, I also like Wizardspike. Ormus' robes are kinda goofy, wear the Vipermagi. Harlequin Crest is pretty standard for those that can't afford a nicer hat, and it works great anyways.

I'd keep both an arachnid's mesh and a thundergod's vigor on hand. If you ever decide to mess around in Ws K you'll really appreciate the lightning absorb. The stats aren't terribly useful if you don't really stat around it, but eh... I'd prefer versatility over the extra 20 life or whatever.

Make sure to at least get another 10% FHR in charms. It's not terribly hard to hit that breakpoint, might as well do it.

Have fun with the light sork! They get really crazy powerful as you start to add things like a torch, annihilus, +Light charms, Infinity, etcetc.

4. not again

Ok, i tought that i go non-block. Spirit, wizzy, ormus, arachnid. Or if i lack resistances i swap to vmagi.. Dont know yet wich i choose.

Hmm, how does my merc kill immunes if i make insight to eth Cv? Or should i go to bonehew or something like that

5. AgentMarth

AgentMarth IncGamers Member

A Eth Insight (Try NOT to make in a CV) can reach a nice high amount of damage on its own. Couple in say Treachery, and he will attack fast thanks to the 45% IAS (Not to mention other goodies). Or, for LI's, you can keep a LR wand on switch, cast, and switch back and attack. A LR wand should break most, although they will still be highly resistant.

~~~

I personally, went for more damage on my Light Sorc, so I opted no ES. Although, my gear was/is a bit more high end. I found ES works great when you can have an Insight on your Merc to regenerate the lost mana, and therefore you don't have to worry about it. However, I have an Infinity, so I already have mana troubles (Unless I get a BO to ~1.5k+ mana) so the last thing I would want is to run out of mana, and have ES break on me, which in the end means less safety for me. So I went without ES.

ES is a personal preference. 20 in TK means you can survive better, and with enough plus skills (or Memory) your ES% will be good. I say since you are going to have Meditation from Insight, to go for it. If you really wanted, you could go 16 in TK for the 1:1 ratio.

Since I had no ES though, I had to at least go block. I opted for the SS Eld'd. You only need 126 str to bug on, don't forget that. That, along with CoH, gives me a total of 43% DR. I have a Griffon's on so no Shako, however, you could go Viper (Preferably 35% with Um up'd, Ormus is not worth anything to me) and Shako and still reach 45% with SS. Do keep in mind though, that with ES, DR% becomes less effect, and PDR works better. So, if you decide to go ES, you can forgo SS, and just use a Whistan's (Or my personal fav, Up'd Eld'd Visc) to save the stats. You could definitely get more life because the highest str you would need would be maybe 90 or so after gear.

I would never go full Vita in HC, thats to dangerous. Always block for me, with ES if I can spare the TK points easily.

Wizzy VS Eschuta's - I don't like Eschuta's, like at all. Wizzy works great until you can get ahold of a Hoto IMO. Hell, I'd go a Spirit Sword over Eschuta's.

Tgods Vs Arach - I went Arach, but I wanted to make sure to hit the 117 FCR BP. With Viper, Mages, Wizzy (Or Hoto/7+ FCR Amulet) 2 FCR Rings you hit 120 FCR, so the FCR from Arach wouldn't be needed unless you want to drop the 2 rings for Soj's, or something like that. However the +1 skill will help your damage. Tgod's is always a nice belt, on pretty much any build though. Hard to say to be honest, depends on what you choose for the rest, and what belt would benefit you better.

Hope that helps a bit.

6. not again

I dont really know wich way to go... ES or block. With ES i can get more +skill with spirit. But max block is always nice... Help me to choose :)
    At least i wear these;
    Shako, Wizzy, Vmagi, Magefist, Treks
    If i go with ES, i equip spirit i get ~30fcr from it, so ~130fcr And then i can equip Tgods

I found 19dexravenfrost from my mule so it helps to get dex up with SS.
    So with Wizzy, Vmagi, Magefist, Arach = 120fcr.
    I dont have any fcr rings/amus.

EDIT: Yeah, i tought that i go max block with SS. Hope this is good route.

So my gear would be:
    Shako
    Vmagi
    Wizzy
    SS
    Magefist
    Arach
    Treks
    Ravenfrost
    Random ring/amu :)
    Trying to get fcr ring/amu so i hit 120fcr with Tgods too

AgenthMarth Do u have any str charms/str rings so i can bug