Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lightning Sorc with Tal's set and Infinity Merc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Klæmint Vágadal, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Klæmint Vágadal

Klæmint Vágadal IncGamers Member

Lightning Sorc with Tal's set and Infinity Merc

Yeah, like the title says, has anyone tried this? Any good? And how would she do in solo baal runs?

2. Lord_Alucard

Lord_Alucard IncGamers Member

A lightning sorc with Infinity merc is always strong, but for items on the sorc I would much rather go with ranodm items, like:

Head: Harlequin's Crest/Rare circlet and ofcourse lets not forget Griffon's Eye
    Weapon: Hoto/Eschutas/Occulus
    Armor: Skin of the Viper Magi
    Shield: Spirit
    Belt: Arachnid's Mesh
    Amulet: Tal's Adjunction works good here due to the +skills, mana/hp and res OR a crafted amulet with fcr if you still need more.

As a light sorc, fcr is verty nice to have, preferably lots of it. And Tal Rasha's set doesn't give enough in my opinion. My light sorc with the setup I just gave can solo a baalrun easily, even in high player

3. Klæmint Vágadal

I was thinking about Tal set bcoz it gives great resist, FHR and Mf, and some FCR. Hittin the 105% BP is a must though.

Random items, I would think:

Eschutas
    CoH
    Shako "Um" or Ptopaz
    Arach
    Spirit
    3+ Light or a crafted amu
    Bk Ring
    SoJ Ring
    Magefists or Trang Oul

That would do good too?

4. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

117% FCR for L and CL.

5. Klæmint Vágadal

Ahh, thanks for the great help like always, FrostBurn :smiley:

6. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

Yeah, hitting 117 with tal set can be a pain (takes 2 FCR rings).

7. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

I use atm a Full Tal, magefist, 35spirit, wt, soj/nagel, 3 skillers + eInfinity merc with eShaft and eGaze. And I have no problem soloing Ball in 1-4 player games, this means tele down and kill all minions by myself.
    I reccomend it.

8. mokujon

mokujon IncGamers Member

when u guys use full tals what do u socket the items with? are 5-5 facets worth using?

9. KremBanan

I have ptopaz'ed the helm and armor and Ist'ed the orb..

10. Klæmint Vágadal

KremBananX: How much fcr u got? What you got on switch?

11. KremBanan

105FCR, this gets you enough comfort when teleporting down to Baal, Meph etc. I got CTA/Spirit on switch, this helps the merc alot when tele to Baal, Meph etc.

12. MageChick

Full tal = 50% , magefist = 20%, Spirit = 25-35%. I love this combination for all my meterobs as it hits the 105% breakpoint and you still have your rings open for nagels/soj's as above. The only real problem here is that L/CL have a differernt breakpoint (117%).

I generally Facet the orb if I have a good facet on hand, then topaz the helm and armor too. An Ist in the orb will work nicely though too and it won't be skill dependant.

I keep an gull/ali bab & rhyme/4xIst monarch on switch - but yea, if I'm teleing to baal myself, then CTA/spirit does help.

13. Klæmint Vágadal

You guys who have tryed this, is it possible to tele to baal in a Pub baal run with realative ease? I wanna host my own baal runs :smiley:

14. KremBanan

Have done it lots of times with my char, but merc will need BO when tele down.

15. MageChick

yep, ditto. I don't generally keep my cta on my light sorc (only have 1). Even without it my merc does pretty good.

It looks like your merc is lacking IAS and FHR. (depending what your sockets are.) If you give him a good mix of LL, IAS, FHR, DR% and he has resistances maxed he'll do fine. This is a little harder to do with infinity as it doesn't come with any of these.

I used to run out of mana on some runs when teleing with 2x Nagels. I swapped one to a SOJ and problem solved. 105% FCR is good for pubby baal runs, but I did evenutally give my tal set back to my meteorb in favor of some more FCR gear (currently going for 200% FCR). But tal set worked pretty well. People were always surprised when I started hosting my own baal run games and I was still in the 70's.

16. KremBanan

I went this setup, for this gives him 50dr --> helpful against IM. When under IM, the merc appriciates the lack of IAS:smiley: and its also good if he is in FHR mode. Makes him not attack, but just provides me with Conviction.
    But this doesnt mean we(me and merc) has problems with LI monsters, there arent many so he still manage to kill the few that we encounter.

17. Klæmint Vágadal

KremBanan: That's not a bad idea, since the main objective of the merc is to provide Conviction aura and stay alive, Im gonna try that:smiley:

MageChick: Thanks for the help and sharing youre experinec with Light Tal Sorc's:wink:

She is clvl 85 now, just need to get hold of a torch, then I can dump the saved stat points in where ever i need em.

18. Klæmint Vágadal

Got that torch now, and there is no problem teleing down to Meph, even in public baal runs :smiley:

But I have one SERIOUS problem, my Merc keeps on dying :/ His current gear is Infinity, Smoke and Andy Face. On the councils wave, he dies in a few seconds, even with max res and on the last wave, he altso dies very fast. Whats my problem? I guess I need some DR% combined with Max res, but how:scratch: Ofc the cheapest way possible..

19. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Mercs survive based on having enough PDR%, LL, IAS, FHR and resistances. If your merc is carrying Infinity, it will be difficult to fit all of that into the armour and helm. You're going to have to sacrifice some for the others.

I would prioritise resistances, LL and PDR%, followed by IAS and lastly FHR. The main aim for an Infinity merc is to survive, hence my order of prioritisation. You do the killing, he carries the stick.

Something affordable is Shaftstop Um'ed and Vampire Gaze Um'ed. That gives your merc maxed resistances, 45-50% PDR, and 6-8% LL. No FHR, but hopefully 50% PDR will reduce the number of times he goes into hit recovery. No IAS either, but PDR% and max resistances should limit the damage he takes, and since Infinity does a good amount of damage, he should attack fast enough to leech back most of his life without you needing to pot much.

20. LRSAIA

LRSAIA IncGamers Member

Don't forget about using TK to help your merc out even against LI monsters. For some reason it still has some (yet reduced) knockback effect it seems which gives the merc breathing room. If its not LI just teleport around and vaporize the bugger. As for helping a merc survive the council, wait for them to cast their first wave of hydras near you/merc then teleport on top of them. Walk back and hopefully your merc will be in the fray, the hydras at distance, and you can zap away. Takes some practice and repositioning with teleport but with practice its easy to keep a merc alive. Also may help to tp to town to get rid of poison or carry extra antidote pots for the merc. By the time the council compensates you should have killed about half or more which ups merc survival odds considerably. You have the ability to teleport, use it to save your merc when necessary. A whole book of TP's cost less than one 50K revival.

Hope this helps....