Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lightning Sorc Vs Orber

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Generator Of Chaos, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

Lightning Sorc Vs Orber

I'm thinking of making on, mainly for PvP, so, Pros and cons anyone?

What would you recomend?

IMO: Orber requires less aim, and is harder to negate, however, Lightning has less mana problems, and has a humoungous dmg....

2. no2fakeshakes

no2fakeshakes IncGamers Member

orb: you can easily run away from orb since it travels kind of slow. its timered and you can't teleport right after you cast it.

lightning: less mana to teleport, 1 mana if you have enough + skills. lightning casts slower. have thunderstorm to stun those people who have little life.

i am bias but i would go for lightning sorc :D .

3. Metal Mario

Metal Mario IncGamers Member

I havnt created a lightning sorc but I do love my orber. Actually I do have thunder storm and lightning mastery maxed.

Mana hasnt been a problem I dont think that I put many points in energy at all.

So although I dont know how good a lightning sorc would be I do like my orber.

4. Generator Of Chaos

ok, so it's a tie so far..lol..

5. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

I have a fber and when dueling I find lightning harder then orbers. Orbers r easy to get away from but if you make a good orber you can kill sum sorcs in one hit(its happened rarely but I will admit its happened). Lightning can do huge dmg but it can do almost none, making dueling ppl with a good es harder. The cool down isnt very long on orb and its got a good freeze duration and it also takes less aim. Personally id got with orber, they are more fun(so ive heard), and orbs just a cooler atk then lightning. So orber, thats my imput

6. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

Id go lightning sorc.

7. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

orb/es sorc owns pure lighting sorc

actually, lighting sorc uses more mana than orber. Due to the fact orb is timer spell.

Light sorc has huge dmg + unlimited teleport.

8. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

Not true at all. Good Lit sorcs like the one on the first page who wrote a guide use ES too.

9. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk IncGamers Member

I would definetly do lightning for pvp... where to start... the damage, energy sheild, thunder storm (for bonus atacks), telyport part of tree, no use for agrivating prereq's. yes, definetly lightning, and it is harder for people to get lightning resis's that cold resis. also, with some fcr you will find that it will be almoast important as +skill items (cl and lightnin already does ton o dmg)

-HaLoPhReAk

10. MasterMegatron

MasterMegatron IncGamers Member

lol lightning is crap for pvp. 50% of the time it hits low and if the player put on guardian angel ur screwed.

11. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

non-es sorc will get beaten by all sorcs who use es.

if es light sorc, then they are evenly matched.

One more thing though, half of time u will get absorbed which i think orb is better cuz of cold mastery.

12. Tank081

Tank081 IncGamers Member

This isnt even a contest....ES+light>ES+orb/pure orb. My ES sorc could stand still while ANY orb sorc attacked her, i think she could take 2-3 direct hit orbs before her mana ran out. About 10% of the orb sorc's that i dueled ran to town complaining that I was hacking because they "couldn't touch me." In all the time I had my sorc I only lost to one orb sorc, because i was dumb and I had just finished dueling someone else and my mana had already been depleted. I came back and dueled her fair...beat her brains out. That was the only time i ever lost to one though. I would even get a sudden lag spike and still come out on top. Yes, I am biased, but it's hard not to be when every orb sorc iv ever dueled bowed down to me :rolleyes: . Against Orb+ES, was still very easy, just took a little bit longer.

13. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

what happens if someone absorbs u? then u bow down to them?

Again, in sorc vs. sorc i dont really know. But i think all es sorcs are evenly matched.

14. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

All sorcs are vunerable to absorb, even cold (it's not hard to make 4 gem shields etc)

15. Generator Of Chaos

But as someone mentioned elsewhere, you need about 340% cold resist to get 75% resists in hell Vs a cold sorc with cold mastery maxed.... That's the whole thing..

16. Metal Mario

Metal Mario IncGamers Member

Cold mastery is not as good as either fire or lightning mastery when going against ES sorcs. It lowers resist wich does not effect ES builds.

So to say an orb sor is bad agains ES builds is saying that it has problems against 10% of the builds out there.

What about the other 90%?

17. Tank081

Tank081 IncGamers Member

Whoa man im not saying an orb sorc is bad, cuz their not im a big fan of them and i think orb looks really cool ;) ...im just saying that IME an orb sorc has no chance vs. an es sorc.

EDIT: Also, IMO orb is probably the easiest thing to absorb because each spike does little damage. Off topic, but fire is also the easy to stop...all it takes is a little extra fire resist and thats it, but lightning is different from both of them. In my experience, light is the hardest to sorb because of the high damage that is attainable with one shot and the low minimum damage has proven to be nothing more than a minor inconvenience.

18. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

if wont affect ur mana, but it will affect ur life.

19. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

If you have enough +skills / +% light dam / -%enemy resi, then a 90 Light Res ppl should be OWNED by you still with 35~45k Lightning.

Lightning > FO = PvP
    Lightning < FO = PvM

- Dennis

20. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

No, ppl will stack resist + absorb, so is bascially the same. While ppl have to stack more resist due to hell penalty and cold mastery, they will have harder time to stack cold res. All sorcs cant duel like that.