Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lightning sorc vs. Meph?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by yangsta, Feb 21, 2004.

1. yangsta

yangsta IncGamers Member

Lightning sorc vs. Meph?

I havn't heard of lightning sorcs mephing so far.. do light sorcs suck vs. meph or something?

2. Death_Frog

Death_Frog IncGamers Member

well they rely on casting speed, and they are stationary when casting... which leaves them vunerable to meph/bosses. With orb and blizz u can cast and move around while the time delay wears off(dodging his attacks) whereas it takes alot longer to shoot meph with lightning. Besides... mephs lowest resistances is to cold, so its extra dmg there. Lightning sorcs are real good against weaker bosses thogh, like shenk, pindle, and eldrich. My lvl 81 orb/CL sorc owns all those nasty cold bosses with CL/Lightning, but orb works alot better on meph than a light skill.

-my 2 cents

3. yangsta

yangsta IncGamers Member

hmm.. so which boss do you get the most goodies from?

4. th5418

th5418 Banned

Considering that lightning has horrible min. damage and doesnt really make resistance go lower. Fire and cold are better choices. meph is good speediwse and dropwise.

5. Bakerking31

Bakerking31 IncGamers Member

if you use the moat trick, light sorc would be able to kill meph ... jus no chance in hell goin at him 1v1

6. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Trying to kill mephisto with a pure Lightning sorc is a bad idea. I had one and she did great against anything else. THe damage range is just horrible if you try to kill Mephisto with Lightning or Chain LIghtning.
    You can do it with CB, but i'd recommend taking a merc with you for tanking, unless you have max-res ;)

Still it will take alot more time to kill Meph with a Lightning Sorc. Meteorb and Blizzard Sorcs are just way faster.
    A lower resist wand might speed this up a little.

7. Celandro

Celandro IncGamers Member

LOL, you all have no idea what you are talking about. Pure lightning sorc here and with above average gear, its 4 static fields + 6 lightning bolts to kill meph. Thats pretty fast imo. And how to get that gear? do the moat trick of course.

That said, you MUST get gear that reduces lightning resists. Besides lightning facets, the gear you must use are Crescent Moon Runeword, griffons eye, and 4 item tal set orb. The first 2 are also the most damaging lightning gear there is.

Crescent moon is quite cheap and quite effective (um rune and 3 socket blade), but you need fcr and resists from other places. All it provides is increasing your damage against mephisto by 140% and 0 resist mobs by 35%.

Get a phase blade crescent moon and watch people ask you what the hell you are doing with a lightsabre ;)