Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lightning Java PvP Guide?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by toader, Mar 26, 2004.

1. toader

toader Banned

Lightning Java PvP Guide?

I read the Lightning Java guide that was stickied...it was sorta helpful. Alot to wade thru though.

Does anyone have a really good lightning PvP Javazon guide? Ive seen a few in duels and they are really impressive. They used a mix between Lightning Fury and a Jab attacked that just did amazing lightning damage. It was on-hit killing most people even with 75% light resists. But im not sure what skill it was they were sticking people with.

Anyways...if anyone knows of a good guide (skills, equip (hold nothing back), and stats) for a PvP Lightning Java....please do share. Maybe it can even get stickied if its pretty comprehensive.

Thanks.

2. bxr222

bxr222 IncGamers Member

People have been awfully hush,hush about this PVP build. I think they are using charged strike with an eth uped titans. Shaft, UmedStorm,Gore,Highlords,Raven,Dual Leach Res., Vamp. Gaze.

They also must be carrying a ton of Lighting dam. sc.

3. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Charged strike is correct. Synergize it with max LF and one or two more skills for most effectiveness. Use a good Griffon's Eye diadem with a good lightning facet. Don't hesitate to use more facets on armor/shield etc., if you can. Instead of Titan's you can also try using a +4 jav skills Thunderstroke. The -15% enemy lightning resistance mod on T-Strokes is pretty effective.

4. toader

toader Banned

Well, Ive continued researching this via people I duel.

This is what Ive come up with so far.

Skills:
    Javalin/Spear
    Power Stroke: 20
    Lightning Bolt: 20
    Charged Strike: 20
    Lightning Fury: 20
    Pre-requisites: 3

Bow/Xbow Skills
    No Points Here

Passive Skills
    Dodge: 1
    Avoid: 1
    Evade: 1
    the majority of people went this route. they said no points into critical strike, pierce, penetrate was worth using since you were lightning. they also said valk or decoy wasnt worth it.
    My own intuition tells me also place 1 point into slow missle to deal with [color=redteenage punks on bnet[/color]:
    Inner Sight: 1
    Slow Missle: 1
    At this point I think to myself, Im almost to valk, might as well get for a small tank.
    Decoy: 1
    Valk: 1

This totals 95 skills points. With quests, you will be lvl 84 to hit this build. From what ive heard, the rest of your points if you level any higher should go into: Lightning Strike

Items:
    I also asked the people I encountered what items would be best, here is the response I got.

Eth Upped Titans (Since the eth/upped only adds physical dmg I asked them "why are you using these and not just plain ones. Most had no answer, so I will probably just try plain ones since all dmg is lightning.)
    Chains Of Honor
    Storm Sheild (UM'd if you lack resists, otherwise light faucet)
    Griffons Eye (same socket as SS)
    Maras Ammy
    I never really got a clear cut answer on rings. So here is what I would use:
    Ravens Frost (for AR/dex/cannot freeze)
    Bul-Kathos or Rare resists ring
    I never got a good answer on gloves or boots either, so here is my choice:
    Nats Boots (high speed and those resists you will be needing)
    Crafted/Rare gloves (20ias/+2 java skills/resists/life/dex/etc)

Use your inventory for an Anni charm, and to make up resistances. If your resistsances are maxxed, go with more vita charms or dmg charms.

If can you afford it, as always, using a CTA and +1skills sheild on switch would be ideal.

Stats:
    Same as always here
    Str: Enough to Equip your highest peice of gear (including str from anni charm)
    Dex: Enough to keep 75% block with gear and charms
    Vita: All other points here
    Energy: None

This isnt exactly a guide because there is no equip choices, pretty set in stone. But this is what Ive compiled from asking around while dueling. Maybe a PvP Javazon vetran can confirm or correct this build where needed. Thanks.

5. FiNaLoRgYkKzOn

FiNaLoRgYkKzOn Banned

heres the best setup IMO:griffons with 5/5, ss with UM, coh archon, maras, up titans..no need eth....tgods...2bkrings/2dwarfs/2wisp/2raven, unique luna for orb, +2java/20ias rare gloves, ik/aldur/waterwalk boots...10xjava gc 1x anni 9x vita/res/fhr scs....max fury, max charged, max power, max lightning, 1 into innersight and slow missle...1 penetrate...1 critical...5 pierce and umm rest into dodge/avoid/evade...these zons are uselss if someon puts on tgods and has 75/75+ light res if you don t use griffons...even if you use grifonns...a pally with guardian angel and max res you cant touch him...unless you use tstrokes which i just personally hate cuz i think they suck...hope this helped ^_^

6. toader

toader Banned

Thanks.

Note: Punctuation and Capitalization is your freind. :wave:

7. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

A good lightning shield is Mosers with 2x Lightning Facets. Once I went down that road I never went back to Sanctuary/Stormshield. :)

8. toader

toader Banned

Very interesting choice. Was the Mosers Upgraded? I can see the benefit of that sheild. Average blocking, good resists, possible 10/-10 lightning....good possibilities.

9. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

An upgraded Moser's will get you better than average blocking =). Normal round shield grants 30% blocking to zon class, while normal luna grants 45%. 45% + the 25% bonus blocking from Moser's and you'll have a max block shield since zons usually have a pretty good amount of dex. I'm dumping my SS for a mosers too.

10. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

correct spelling is your friend too ;)

My friend is actually building a charged strike zon right now, and he's doing basically the same thing you outlined in your previous post. However, he did buy 200%/9% eth upped titans for the build, silly him. Anyway, I guess a little more phys dmg never hurt anyone :)

--fatty

P.S. about the mosers: I think that's a wonderful idea. However, I could only see it working vs. caster classes: for your average melee duel, the 35% dr of stormshield will greatly outweigh the 5/-5 from that extra lightning facet.

11. toader

toader Banned

*kills fatty in the face*

I thought it was I before E except before R and budweiser. :lol: :drool:

As if there is anyone else to duel in 1.10 besides casters?

12. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

Sorry if I'm intruding on your thread, toader, but I've also been interested in this build.

The thing that I really don't understand is how Charged Strike is better than Power Strike. I mean, at level 35 with +to skills and maxed synergies, Power Strike gives 10k more dmg than Charged Strike at the same level, as well as a whooping +428% AR!

Can anyone clarify this for me? Thanks in advance.

13. toader

toader Banned

The dmg listed for charged strike is each individual bolt. Similar to CB on a sorc. So, when all those bolts hit at once, it can do sickly dmg.

I havent messed with powerstrike too much, but from what Ive heard, its weird. Doesnt actually work as well as the listed dmg or something.

With charged strike, you can hit something, and the bolts will continue on and kill whats behind it, which is nice. Always fun to smack a golem or bear and kill 1/2 the screen.

14. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

since lightning bolt and lf give the same synergy to your pvp killing skills, why not max LF instead of LB, thus giving you a good PVM skill to boot?

g

15. newzonfan

newzonfan IncGamers Member

Hmmm.. I play HC i am new to these forums so i dont know if u guys are HC/SC. Well anyway ill tell u what to use.. If your going to make a high lvl (54+ ill explain later) you will be best off to go to lvl 69 so u can use tstrokes because titans are just ******** to use for a light zon unless ur under 69. Helm= griffons 5/5 faceted Sheild= 4soc monarch 4x 5/5 faceted Armor= Enigma (tele + str if u dont use ur stupid) ammy = maras if u want but i would sooner use a rare/crafted with good mods but maras is good. rings = maybe a bk if u can and a raven frost if no bk get a rare with str + dex or life boots= sandstorm/water walks. gloves= if your going to do it the right way get +3 20ias if not +2 20ias is fine but u loose about 100 dmgish. belt if ur 80 arachnids is a must if ur not then tgods. Well if u can afford this ur rich so charms would be all +1javs 30+life/6str/6dex and a nice anni and then vita/str/dex/fhr/frw

This would be ideal for a zon if u dont want to die and u want to kill alot of people.. Notice i do not so much with dr other than enigma.. Its pointless to have an ss/shaft/gaze unless u plan on taking a hit... and if u do your stupid. With enigma you can tele in and u will get a 1 hit ko very easily. I lost a lvl 59 barb with 6.4k life and tgods to a lvl 69 zon with this stuff and she didnt even use cs.. I died to power strike... i would suggest for 99% of ur fights for this u should try to powerstrike first because its good phys/light dmg and if it doesnt work then cs. Oh ya since u will have tele.. ur merc will use griffions eye and cresent moon rune word.

Skills max all cs/powerstrike synergys 1 point into the passive skills other than slow missle innersite valk and decoy those are waste..

Again remember i play HC on useast and one of the current best known duelers uses stuff such as this i havent seen her merc or her attack but if she is smart her merc would use what i said and i am almost sertain she uses this stuff maybe a few different things but for the most part all the same.. you will prob do like 10k per cs bolt with this and have a lot of bolts so resists wont matter and dont fear people with tgods u will do enough to kill them

16. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

After playing around some more with Charged Strike, I realized that it's a lot better than Power Strike, thanks. But I have a few other questions...

Charged Strike does have a physical, melee attack, right? So how do I find out the AR of the melee attack? It doesn't say it like it normally does in the char screen. Unless the attack always hits?

Also, it would seem that the best way to increase damage is with + to skills and +x% light skill dmg (ex: facets). Is this correct?