Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lightning fury and crushing blow / deadly strike

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by jm8103, May 17, 2005.

1. jm8103

jm8103 IncGamers Member

Lightning fury and crushing blow / deadly strike

Hi i'm currently using highlords amulet with my javazone but i came to think if the deadly strike on in fact works with javelins and in particular lightning fury (but also with charged strike)?
    Also are there a list over mods that work/ doesn't work with lightning fury ?

hope you can share some light on this :cool:

2. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

Your javelin does its usual physical damage, including all applicable modifiers. It also releases a batch of lightning. The lightning only does elemental damage and isn't modified by physical damage mods like deadly strike.

So you get some small benefit from the deadly strike on the foe you actually hit (with pierce, which you should have close to 100% in with a lf build, it's all the foes your actual javelin hits). It won't up your damage much, but it will help leeching back the mana you use.

3. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

Yeah, the only monster affected by those is the monster the actual Java hits. I like Crescent Moon for ML or Cat's eye on a LF'r. Highlord's for my stafer.

4. jm8103

jm8103 IncGamers Member

OK thanks for clearing that up guys.

so here's another question... ;-)

i'm using the hands of laying, is the +350 dam to deamons then only given to the actual javeling and NOT to 30+ lightning bolts from lightninh fury?

5. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

Yep.

You need "+ XX to Lightning Skills", "-XX enemy resistance" or hard +skills to futher improve Lightning Fury, also remember pierce allows for upwards 100 bolts released in one throw - easily.

6. jm8103

jm8103 IncGamers Member

But how about my charged strike...willl that not benefit og crushing blow, deadly strike, critical strike and + xxx % dam to deamons etc. it its after all a melee attack I should think? i mostly use it for mephisto and andy runs, so if charged strike doesn't benefit of a single of those i listed, I think i have to revise my equipment a bit ...

7. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

CS itself won't benefit from the things you're talking about, but the physical attack carrying the CS with it will.

It all seems kind of complicated, but it's really simple. Deadly Strike, Crushing Blow, Open wounds, etc. are all physical damage mods. This basically means that none of them will ever work with any elemental damage done. If you're using an attack with both physical and elemental damage (All your light/javie skills), those mods will only work on the physical part of the attack.

8. jm8103

jm8103 IncGamers Member

That means that the same thing would apply for anyone who use e.g. the vengeance skill where all the damage is elemental ? (just to be perfectly sure)

9. Ladron

Ladron Banned

yeah. also. like if you have a charm that's like 100psn damge. that only works on the javlin throw, not the bolts that come out.