Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lightning and Blizzard Sor

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by angelhope, Nov 9, 2006.

1. angelhope

angelhope IncGamers Member

Lightning and Blizzard Sor

I don't know if it is me but how come i don't see much guides for lightning and blizzard sor? Is it because it's not that common and strong? Pls give me some of your views about how practical this build is.Thank you very very much.I'm a noob at this forum thing.

Grateful :wink3:

2. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

I've made one, she's really powerfull. It's not a guide as such, but it does describe what gear/skills I use.

Link

3. angelhope

but nubikoen ,can you show me your skill trees without the +skill points to the skills? I'm not really worried about the gear, i more worried about what skills to pump into_Oh, and i play single player one.(don't really like battlenet)

Thanks

4. nubikoen

This is what her skilltrees look like without + skills.

Future points will go to Ice Blast.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. BattleQueen

BattleQueen IncGamers Member

Made one last season. Quite fun tho I found she was unable to fully maximize synergies as both Blizzard & Lightning are synergy-intensive.

At clvl 91:-

Prereqs - Cold Skilltree: 4
    Prereqs - Lightning Skilltree: 5 (incl. one pt wonders:Teleport & Static)
    1 Warmth
    20 Blizzard
    20 Lightning
    20 Chain Lightning
    20 Lightning Mastery
    10 Cold Mastery

+9 skill pts from Rad/Izual quest

+ 25-26 skills from items:-
    +2 circlet / Shako
    +2 amulet
    +2 SOJ/BK
    +1 Arachnids
    +3 Hoto
    +1 Lidless Wall
    +2 CoH
    +1 Anni
    +3 Storch
    +8-9 Lightning / Cold Skill GCs

Depending on your attack preference you can go heavier on cold or lightning. I prefer to chill packs with Blizzard, Static them & then let rip with chain lightnings. :grin:

A2 Merc:
    Andariel's Visage
    Eth Fort
    Eth Infinity CA

6. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

A Lightning/Blizzard sorc is possible, but you don't hear much about it because it's not the most efficient build out there. The thing with Sorceress skills is they fall into 4 different categories.

Category 1- Very Synergy Dependent (require 60+ skill points to achieve good killing speed in Hell, if you want to rely on this skill as a primary skill)
    Frost Nova
    Ice Blast
    Glacial Spike
    Blizzard
    Charged Bolt
    Lightning
    Chain Lightning
    Fire Bolt
    Fireball
    Meteor
    Enchant
    Hydra

Category 2- Medium Synergy Dependence (require ~40 skill points to achieve good speed as a primary skill, but often requires a lot of special gear)
    Nova
    Blaze
    Energy Shield
    Thunderstorm

Category 3- Super Cheapo Skills! (can kill just fine in Hell with just 20 points in the skill and 1 point in Mastery)
    Frozen Orb
    Firewall

Category 4- Miscellania (Utility skills, 1-point wonders, and skills that are useless on their own as a primary skill).
    Ice Bolt
    Frozen Armor
    Chilling Armor
    Shiver Armor
    Telekinesis
    Static Field
    Teleport
    Warmth
    Inferno
    Fire Mastery
    Cold Mastery
    Lightning Mastery

Typically, Sorceress builds will either pick a skill from Category 1 and spend 80+ points, becoming a single-tree sorc, or else they'll pick a skill from Category 1 and spend 60 points, pairing it with a Category 3 skill and become a dual-tree build. Rarely, you'll see a Tri-Elementalist composed mostly of Category 2 and Category 3 skills. A Lightning/Blizzard Sorc would be a Sorc who takes two category 1 skills and underdevelops both of them. It'll work, but it won't exactly knock your socks off.

7. angelhope

so is it right for me to say that it wld be better for me to go lightning/FO instead of lighning/Blizzard? And SSoG says that it wld work , so how well can it work? Definitely able to go thru hell with it?

Thanks for your detailed reply, SSoG

8. nubikoen

No, blizzard/lightning is superior to FO/lightning. With the right gear you'll tear everything (non CI) apart with blizzard, at best you'll kill reasonably fast with FO.

9. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

I would recommend FO/Lightning over Blizzard/Lightning, yes. It should work very well- just like a Meteorber or a Fireball/Orber, except with Lightning instead of Fire. Definitely Hell-viable.

Disagreed. A Blizzard with 40 points will kill about as well as a Frozen Orb with 20 points... but certainly not BETTER. And if you spend 40 points in the Cold Tree, that's 20 fewer points to spend synergizing Lightning, which will make your Cold Tree just as strong and your lightning tree much weaker.

Of course, if you spend 60 points on Blizzard, it will blow Frozen Orb out of the water, but as a secondary attack, Frozen Orb rules the roost.

10. angelhope

what's CI?

11. angelhope

Okay, i tink i will do a blizzard/lighntning one... i prefer blizzard as compared to FO.And i have to wait till lvl 30 to learn FO too...

12. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

But you will absolutely annilate enemies in NM with FO. The lvl is not an issue since below lvl 30, you boost your lightning skills. Regardless of which build you pick, it should be fun.

CI = cold immune