Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lighting ASSASIN VS Smiter?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by MasterAkihabara, Sep 11, 2006.

1. MasterAkihabara

MasterAkihabara IncGamers Member

Lighting ASSASIN VS Smiter?

i hav a question, my friends and i are betting on which or them is going to win? one of my friends is a smiter lvl99 and one is a lighting Assasin lvl89. they both have good gear. ive never seen it though but whenever i take my fury druid out i get my butt kicked by them. So who will it be assasin or smiter?

2. Glorft

Glorft IncGamers Member

Thats a tought one . For me it depends on skills , items . Is the smitter going to absorb? If he is ... If hes not the assa should win.

3. McCOOL

McCOOL Banned

I agree, if gm the asn should win, esp if it's a c/c build.

4. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

Hmm i don't know good smiters can get good base res anyway and he can simply charge lock u and charge smite u to death.

Cuzz u have to remember both attacks are uniteruptable so mb will not be at its best here.

And even in a gm duel 1 piece of abs is allowed eventhough tg abs is not as effective due to it only being + abs the max res however is and can have a impact on the dmg a good pala can take as smiters can hit high hp as well.

5. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

A decent Claw / Claw Trapper will beat a decent Smiter in a GM Duel (1 piece of abs), IF the Trapper knows how to duel against charge.

Need to setup trap fields round puddles and use the terrain to your advantage. Constantly MB as even though charge is uninterruptable, with the puddles they won't be able to charge well.

With the MB lock on a Tele-Smite is highly unlikely, and even if they do your 60% block and 4k Life should save you for a couple of hits, enough to tele away.

If its not a GM duel, then you might as well not bother, as the Smiter will easily own the trap sin with some more absorb etc. :thumbsup:

6. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

claw yes u have a good chance as duel claws can block alot of attack, including smite and some spells but, not alot use duel claws rather shield + hoto, from wot ive seen anyway,even though i think claws is the better option.

I know there are techniques how to BoS run in away that charge will most likely miss, but most smiters i see vs trapper win and very few sins from my experience actually know how to deal with a smiter.

obviously if its not gm it's a joke duel...

7. Arbedark

Meh, with my Trapper I don't think I ever really lost a GM duel vs a smiter...

I even managed to Kill a BM smiter who used 16 Full juves in a single duel...:wink2:

Its all about tele and trap placement while using puddles. You can duel a smiter on less than 1 whole screen and win.

8. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

I don't know where you duel, but by most standard "GM", 1piece of absorb or max res is allowed, therfor TGods. Not to mention most strict gm duels are held in NM only.

Trappers can definitely kill Smiters. Its just that even gm allows some form of elemental proof items, because items like Raven frost's ar/dex, TGod's str/skills, etc. etc. make it a good item to use even without sorb or w/e.

You sure you can never lose to a tgod smiter with equal cost of gear / similar skill as you?
    Smiter who decides to use 16 rejuvs but stupid enough not to wear any sorb / increase max res / stack items when he's willing to be bm? Total idiot. Not even worth bragging over.
    Anyone can show an awesome duelplay into words. I'm sure a gosu smiter would say the exact same thing, but vice versa.

As for the topic;

Both Trappers and Fury Druid don't have easy time against good smiters. A Fury / Rabies will actually do decently.

Though if you say you and your friend both have good gear, you will have better luck with your sin assuming he's your friend and don't go lightningproof. You can try this method
    though it doesn't really help you "how" to do it.. -.-

Of course, a SS max block max dr will help best. Do you have enough stats to wield Doom? I advise teleing > walking. If he takes serious damage from traps, you can just mb and hope you kill him first before he kills you (talking max block or high wep block), but if he's a tank all you can do is tele like mad hoping a trap or two will get him. :tongue: gl.

9. Arbedark

Dennis, you look like you know even less than you are making out.

SS is pointless vs smiters since smite can't be blocked...

Going for a 65% FCR setup with dual claws for 60% Block and around 38% + PDR is a much better option.

Yes, GM = 1 piece of absorb. And? 13.3k Traps still takes down 4k + Life with 85% Light res quickly enough. And NM makes no difference to a Trapper since most people have enough res in hell, so NM or hell is equal.

And please read more carefully. I never said that it is impossible to lose vs a smiter with equal skill. I said that SO FAR I haven't lost to a smiter in a GM set of duels with equal skill.

Where did you get this misinformation from?

He was using T-Gods since he didnt have any more abs on his character. And I was just throwing it in as proof that if you know how to lay traps correctly, and tele over puddles you can avoid a smiter for a long time.

10. Camden

Camden IncGamers Member

If the smiter is good and knows how take the offensive properly (since all sins play defensive vs smiters), he will win. Though at making a lvl 99 -smiter- of all things he somewhat gives the impression of being a baaler rather than a pvper, so ya never know.