Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Light Trap for PvP

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Nosf, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Nosf

Nosf IncGamers Member

Light Trap for PvP

hey, i got a lvl 89 light trap in a small server, and we do a lot of PvP, but im not so good on it. My assassin beat almost all players, but i think there´s something that im doin wrong, or i can do better, u know?!

so, ill tell u my gear, and what i do in combat and u plz help me.

Gear:

Facet 5/5 Shako
    2 Claws 3 Trap Skills with facet 5/5
    Vipermagi 32 all resist
    String of Ears 15%
    Raven frost
    Rare ring with mana al resists
    3 trap ammy
    Arachnid Mesh
    Natalyas boot
    Frostburn
    second hand: wand of lower resist

My tatic is basicly do traps on his direction to mine, so when he come to me the traps will get him, and when i get close to him, i curse him with lower resist, and run to dont die.

There´s something that i should know/do ?

thx for the help, sorry by the bad english.

2. IfrIt

IfrIt Banned

What are the stats of that wand? :scratch:

3. D1ce

D1ce IncGamers Member

Facets don't work with traps, grrrr! Same with griffon's eye, or any +lightning damage/-lightning resistance items. Traps are considered minions, those only work for player skills. Anyways, the wand is basically there to counter absorb gear. Some improvements you can make:

Helm: Rare Circlet with FCR +skills, +stats, Life, resists
    Armour: 'Enigma'
    Ammy: +2 asn skills 20% fcr ammy
    Rings: SoJ x2
    Belt: Arachnids
    Weapons: Hoto/SS and CTA on switch
    Boots: Sandstorm Trek, others

etc etc, its only the best setup tho. nice LR wand if they allow it. gl

4. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

if you shoot mind blast it stun's them and keeps them away from you. stun when they run. ride the lightning baby.

5. DeathsHand

DeathsHand IncGamers Member

thats 100% faster cast, best breakpoints = 65% or 102% so why bother with arach/fcr circlet when trangs/harle would be better.

6. Kaffe

Kaffe IncGamers Member

I put together my "dream gear", which looks like this:

Griffon's eye (according to my screen it adds more damage than +2 all skills)
    Heart of the Oak
    Aldur's Boots
    Enigma (Dusk)
    Stormshield
    Trang's Gloves (for Cold Res)
    2 x SoJ
    Mara's (thinking about switching for a rare, which opens up the possibility for +mana bonuses)
    Arachnid's Mesh

105% FCR. Damage is a tad bit lower than 12K. With Facets, it will top that.

Only think lacking is Can Not Be Frozen (necessary for trapper since traps are based on IAS, not FCR, the one who states otherwise :rant:). So, Cham in either Storm or Griffon's.

So, IMO, lower res. charges would be overkill. 105% FCR and Mind Blast will keep the opponent under enough duress. In 1.09, with like a 400 damage trap one might wanted to consider lower res. charges but in 1.10 a 12K trap is just overkill right there... I'ld rather go for Call To Arms or a simple pre-buff switch (which enables you to effectively switch between Fade and BoS in mid-fight (good vs. elemental)).

Also, adds up to 35% PDR, and since an Enigma dusk (@ lvl 99) adds so much strength (I faired up at 151 during Local testing (hrmm...)), you don't need an -req jewel in that storm and can therefore Ber / Cham / Facet it.

Only thing really lacking here is FHR, but that can be made up with charms, also it's arguable whether a sin really needs FHR in any other place than vs. another MB trapper. The general idea is not to get hit...

That would be pretty awesome gear. And never underestimate a good MB. Most just seem to mash the keyboard and can't aim. Really good MB sins can probably beat you with MB alone.