Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Light Sorc and Griffs

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by cpllongjk, Apr 16, 2008.

1. cpllongjk

cpllongjk IncGamers Member

Light Sorc and Griffs

I read a post a while ago that the +damage % is sort of bugged on griffs. Thus making the only reason to get the helm, for the fcr and the -resists.

Can anyone tell me from experience before i spend a lot of hrs, if griffs is worth it. IM thinking of pvm/pvp sense, i have a seperate sorc for mf.

thanks

2. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

Re: Light Sorc and Griffs

It's not bugged, but it merely add on top of you LM, so the extra 20-ish +%lit damage makes very little difference, while on the other hand, the -%lit resistance maked alot of difference.
    FCR is also always nice to have on a helm, and griffons is one of the few with over 20 on it, yummie.
    Imo it's the best helm for light sorcs.

3. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

The Griffon's +light damage is only bugged for Assassin Traps. They are considered minions, so they do not benefit from +damage or -resists (with the exception of Conviction and Lower Resist curse). However, LCS (LYING character screen) shows that it adds damage (in reality it does not).

4. Dirkw

Dirkw IncGamers Member

Personally I'm starting to like Griff. I wasn't impressed by it at first. But as you gain more -res from facets, it starts adding up and Griff plays a big part in making the difference vs broken immunes.
    Still though, shako with a facet will do fine and there aren't that many situations where the difference is really important or even noticable.

I find griff at its best when vs beetles, storm casters and dark archers. Otherwise, it's not much more impressive than harlequin's. The better looks and 25 fcr are a nice touch, though.