Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

light Javazon or Hybrid or Bowazon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Cccchange, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Cccchange

Cccchange IncGamers Member

light Javazon or Hybrid or Bowazon

Okay so Im thinking of making a zon and I was wondering what to make. Benefits of light javazon is massive damage. And Bowazon you can use strafe and less need for synergies. and Hybrid is a combo of the two so which one do you recommend?

2. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

anything with LF is fine, i prefer phys through MS, cold backup with unsynergized FA, which gives me access to 3 types of damage.

3. slayer37

slayer37 IncGamers Member

Yeah... you get 3 types of damage but pitiful ones IMO. Unsynergized FA only adds about 300+ cold damage which won't cut it in Hell. LF is fine on its own as long as you have good pierce but it won't be that powerful when faced with single tough monsters. MS by itself won't cut it against few tough monsters... it would consume a lot of mana and is only at 3/4 damage. Having variety of attacks is good but you thin yourself out in the process. Better to stick with two types but then again you meet monsters with immunities to both your attacks.... :scratch:

4. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

works great for me, but i only use it vs phys/lightning immunes and to protect my merc. i don't need it to kill many mobs.

why should it? i have 4 attacks to choose from, so i can use the best for a given situation.

it kills them just fine. see my "ms > all bow skills" thread. you might want to try it first before making statements like this, as everything you said about ms is false:
    won't cut it against few tough monsters: yes it does.
    consumes a lot of mana: not for me. i use it to regain mana after FA, GA or LF.
    "only" 3/4 damage: i already kill most things in 3-4 shots.

Of the attacks i use only FA and LF have synergies, but they do their job well so why would they need synergies?

i do fine. things die. dual immunities are no problem either.

maybe this will clear things up:
    if my attacks were in percentages:
    60% LF
    20% GA
    15% MS
    5% FA

But, of those above, actual kills are:
    75% LF (all except lightning immunes and bosses)
    20% GA (bosses that didn't die to LF, which are less than 1/3)
    5% MS (Lightning immunes)
    3% FA (lightning/phys immunes)
    2% Valk/Merc (meatbags, but sometimes get kills)

I don't know why you critisized me for using these skills, as i don't use them much at all as LF and minions account for over half the kills anyway. but, by having FA/MS, i can take care of lightning immunes, and lightning/phys immunes as well that another build without them would be forced to flee.

5. slayer37

slayer37 IncGamers Member

Well, there are many ways to go about phys/light immunes and unsynergized FA is one way. IMO, too mana expensive for a measly 300+ cold damage. You must have a lot of mana pots or your mana pool must be big to handle tough monsters. Anyway, show me your stats and equipment so that we can discuss this a little further. Oh well... you may have godly equipment that I do not have access to so your unsynergized FA may be more than enough.

I'm confused. You say 4 attacks to choose from... LF, GA, MS and FA but those attacks are all for crowd control except for GA. By the way, you did not mention GA on your first post. When faced with single tough monsters, you will need to burn a lot of mana to kill them except for GA. Maybe you could give me your skill point allocation so that I can analyze how wrong I am in saying that you spread yourself too thin.

Before anything else, I'd like to say that my first zon is a GA/Multi zon so I think I know what I'm talking about. Well, ms>all bow skills is your opinion and since each person is entitled to one then I won't be delving in on that. As I mentioned earlier, you may have godly gear so of course MS would cut it for you. With godly gear, even skills not intended for something become all-purpose. With regards to mana consumption, I think I mentioned MS to be mana expensive only when killing one to two monsters only. You may have your MS on a low level so mana cost is small or you may have godly mana leech and equipment so MS may not be mana expensive for you.

Indeed. If it does the job then no synergies are required.

Well, sorry if you took it as criticism but honestly I just stated my opinion. Maybe if you post your gear, stats and skill allocation then we could work out all the details and conclude that I made a horrible blunder. I'm just an average player with average gear so naturally I make mistakes. My apologies if you took it the wrong way....