Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Light/es/block sorc help please

Discussion in 'PvP' started by rabidfruits, Nov 9, 2006.

1. rabidfruits

rabidfruits IncGamers Member

Light/es/block sorc help please

I need some help on strategies to use vs. winddruid. I was thinking charged bolt spamming might take down the cyclone armor/minions and stuff fast enuf. Or if I get the namelock first do you think i could tank lightning vs. druid?

I have about 600 life and 4k+ mana with 95es and about 27k light dmg.
    Also.. wat to do about trappers? Should i go offensive? if they just run around in circles how do I catch em...

2. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

Try walking.

Also, use Chain Lightning if they have minions.

3. rabidfruits

rabidfruits IncGamers Member

U mean walking down? Why not run? Not to mention won't the hurricane slow me with cold, or can't they teleport in front of me.. I could chain lightning.. but the dmg is pitiful compared to lightning.. less than half I believe.

My only hope I think is getting enough life/mana that his nado's won't stunlock me... which probably isn't possible :(

4. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Chain lightning, while doing less damage, only has to hit one of his minions, and then it'll hit EVERY minion and him. That'll tend to leave him open. After that it's a matter of lightningstomp.

5. DarkMousy

DarkMousy IncGamers Member

Windies are generally an ez duel. One of 2 things can work. Either lay fields and bait him to teleport into them or onto you, when you'll be waiting to spam lightning upwards. Time it so when he finishes his teleport, the bots are already there and the minions die instantaneously, at which time you should be able to tank him easily. If he's not that offensive/is more careful about where he teleports, chances are when oak/minions die from bolts, he'll tele away to recast. When the minions die, namelock tele ontop and spam lightning. If the windy is very defensive and teleports away immediately after you tele ontop of him, instead of namelock teleporting, there's another little trick. Namelock him with unsummon after his minions/oak die. After he teleports away and stops to resummon, teleport ontop, spam 1 charged bolt and then lightning. Relock with unsummon as much as you need. A windy can't tank an es light sorc without minions, plain and simple. A good hit from a high damaging lightning can potentially 1hit kill through cyclone armour if oak is dead. If you're more skilled, you can lay out bolt fields, keep track of them and chase him into them with strategically placed lightnings. Then snipe with lightning from a distance to put him into fhr after the bolts clear the minions and teleport behind and spam charged bolts/lightning. The last option is generally how I duel windies because I am basically guaranteed to take no damage if I do it properly. Although alot of people might think it wise to just snipe with lightning from afar after the bolts clear the minions, it's generally not a smart thing to do. Lightning has a high max damage, yes, but a low min as well. If you're far away and you hit a min, he won't go into fhr, making it easier for him to escape, especially since lightning has a slower fcr rate than say, fireball. Hitting him from up close gives him less time to escape, meaning if you hit 1 low lightning, the other one might follow up fast enough to keep him locked.

Just a side note, your sorc has really low life, so be careful about tanking. Although after 95% es, the typical nado only does 50 dmg per hit (assuming no dr%), they hit multiple times and can diminish your mana rather quickly if you don't have good fhr. With a life base that low, I wouldn't tank unless I was absolutely sure I could.

6. Camden

Camden IncGamers Member

....lol.....

7. jsyou

jsyou Banned

i didnt even bother to read that crap he said after i saw tele on top on a wind druid.

8. DarkMousy

Duel me then and you'll see what I mean? Whisper *DarkMousy. (with a period) @ useast NL.

A well built bmana 90%+ es sorc (1.6k life with 5.5k+ mana) with full dr can easily outtank a windy without an oak + summons, that's either attempting to recast or already in fhr, common sense?

9. WhiteAlien

WhiteAlien Banned

:hang: :hang: :hang:

10. DarkMousy

Notice how I said to tele on him when summons/oak are DEAD and he's gonna run or attempt to recast? If you tele ontop of him at the start and hit a summon or the oak, obviously you'll have problems, moreso if your fhr blows. I added that last point in for him because his sorc has about 600 life, compared to my sorc's full dr, 1.6k life and 6k mana with maxblock setup.

It isn't hard to namelock a druid after summons die, tele ontop of him while he's hotkeying to resummon or teleport away, and charged bolt/lightning until dead, providing you have fhr. Unless the druid is absorbing (after cyclone) and using TMC mod, or you simply blow on sorc/have a crappy sorc, I don't see how you could get tanked by a druid with a max of 2.3k life and no meatshield unless you hit about 6 low light rolls in a row.