Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

light/bow hybrid question

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Astilin, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Astilin

Astilin IncGamers Member

light/bow hybrid question

This is my third attempt at a lighting hybrid zon. The first two (poison and frost arrow) were fun, but not all that effective. This one (strafe/light) has been a lot of fun and works really well. My question is, which shield- moser's with 2x light facets or spirits- will be best for the build? I currently use moser's with 2x pdiamond for resists, but I think I have enough charms to make up for the resists loss.
    Thoughts?

Skills
    CS 33
    LF 33
    Valk 11
    Strafe 14
    Penet 15

Shako with ptopaz
    highlords
    Main: Titans/ mosers 2xpdiamon
    Switch: Witchwild
    war trav
    razortail
    2x ravenfrost
    rare 2java 20IAS 3%ml gauntlets
    torch
    anni
    Lionheart (ganna be fort once I get Lo)

2. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

Re: light/bow hybrid question

i'd honestly save the facets for a 'better' shield. if you have the strength go for spirit, then if you want you can make a facet monarch. i've recently been messing around with my mf hybrid's gear a bit. i really find just a few skills add a bunch of damage. then again the -res is really helpful too. lidless is a great low strength option to get your +skills going.

also if i were you i'd make a faith over a fort. the damage increase to wws from fort isnt going to be all that great, but you could play naked with faith and do alright.

3. Astilin

Astilin IncGamers Member

May I ask what your mf hybrids gear is and what kind of mf she has? I'm not sure what combination of gear to use to be able to kill fast and still get around 200 mf (which I have read is the ideal number or something like that)

4. Virility

Virility IncGamers Member

300 mf or something like that

5. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

yeah it was ~330 mf (now around 200). i found myself struggling in a higher than one person game so i changed my skulders w/ a fort. she's primarily bow since i dont really have that many +skills. i use cs to finish off big enemies/bosses though.

gear:
    steelskull (ias jewel)
    highlords
    fort
    faith gmb
    20ias/kb gloves
    mf/mana ring
    raven
    razortail
    war travs
    switch: tstrokes/lidless (i went with tstrokes as i'm not throwing javs a whole lot and the -res really helps. when i run cows i go with titans though (stashed))

merc(might): eth reapers, eth shako, skulders
    inventory: mostly mf scs with useful 2ndary mods and a perfect gheeds (wewt) i dont carry much in the way of charms b/c i hate only picking up one item at a time.

i've recently been running cows with her so i swapped in my merc's eth shako and his skulders with fort/steelskull. i've been using him as a sort of mule actually. right before i kill diablo i swap in skulders/shako to get her +skills up a bit. she's been doing great so far in single player games and only struggling in 3+ games. i also forgo a torch as i'm tired of it going off. whether or not it drops a game is beside the point.