Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Light/Blizzard sorc Build question

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by LeiBruce, Jul 6, 2008.

1. LeiBruce

LeiBruce IncGamers Member

Light/Blizzard sorc Build question

So Its been a long time since I played this game. I want to make a Lighting/Blizzard sorc. I did want to know if Frozen Orb does more damage then Blizzard though? Which is better for killing bosses? So if Blizzard is the better choice my build should look something like this right?

20 Light
    20 chain light
    20 LM
    5 prequist Blizz
    20 Blizz
    1 + 1 preq/teleport
    1 Warmth
    Whatever points I have left I should dump into cold masteries or should I add those points to one of my synergies?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  2. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

Re: Light/Blizzard sorc Build question

That build are bound to suck, your blizzard will be farily weak, it needs at least one synergy, and your lightning won't be too good either. If you plan to put another blizz synergy into the picture, the lightning will be even worse.

Check FO/CL builds, and meteorb builds.

3. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

All dual element builds suffer from synergies that are not applied to one single tree. Blizzard is already doing tons of damage without alot of Cold mastery and i think this build is worth a try. Its actually a variant of the CL/FO build, which works very nicely too.

So i would not be so fast to listen to talk, that this build will "suck". Ofcourse you will not be kicking the damage that a single tree build can sustain, but you will be absolutly on par with the CL/FO build that works very nicely, or any other dual elemental build.

CL/Blizz is something for people who are bored of Frozen Orb and want something new. Just like people who are sick of playing Meteorb might want to switch to Blizzballer = Fireball/Blizzard.

regards, meli

4. LeiBruce

Well I was thinking about only putting 1 point into CM. The rest of the points I was thinking about putting into one of the synergies for my blizzard damage to increase. Also why is my lightining damage gonna suck? Im training atleast one of my synergies to 20 and LM will be at 20.

Im making this build so I will have no problem killing most things in Hell mode.

5. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

I guess you're right. I've never been to much of a fan to dual tree builds.. I guess all I really can say is, good luck!

W00T!! 500 posts!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  6. melianor

1 point into CM should be minimum, since CM will then get boosted by +skills. The whole build will be pretty dependant on the +skills, +damage and +x% damage gear you can muster. Otherwise i would not worry. This build will be viable in hell. Just look out for the mana consumption of CL.

7. LeiBruce

Yea I already have plus skill items. Also am I looking for plus Light and cold damage items thats what you meant right by +damage?

8. melianor

Correct. When you have free socket you can add Lightning Facets for -xx% lightning resistance.

9. Jaedhann

Jaedhann IncGamers Member

I have two fairly succesfull lightning/blizz sorcs. The first one i build had 20 in lightning and chainlightning and 5 points in lightningmastery. Rest in blizzard + synergies and a point in coldmastery. Levelled her to 92 before rebuilding. Reason:

I didn't use chainlightning, ever. So the reason had nova instead of chainlightning as synergie for lightning. Nova is really an excellent killer for low hitpoint critters. The new blizz/lightning sorc is now level 89. She does around 1-13k lightningdamage and 5.5k Blizzdamage with -135 enemie cold resistance. Mind you, i have very good gear.

I actually like her better then my blizzballer and that's just for one reason: A wall of fireimmune monsters in front of coldimmune OK's. Piercing lightning ftw.

A good light/blizz sorc certainly rivals a blizzballer, but is a little more expensive. Certainly enjoyable though.

10. DH Amazon

DH Amazon IncGamers Member

I have strong lightning side and weak blizz sorc in new ladder. Almost like in 1st post.

She can do those 4 bosses (andy,meph,dia and baal) fast enough, but 2-players setup is about max for her. Still weak in new ladder.
    I build her to do solo mf runs, so dont need high blizz damage.
    (I have other sorc to do full game tc85 runs, but this BlizzLightning I use almost in solo games while doing bosses)

11. Choman

Choman IncGamers Member

This build is definetely skill intensive and without at least +10 coming from gear/charms, I don't see it doing enough damage for decent speed in hell. I do like how you're diverging from frozen orb, though I'm not sure if bliz does more damage at lvl 20 no synergies vs lvl 20 orb.

12. DH Amazon

DH Amazon IncGamers Member

Definately needs +skills, that +10 and good mana pool is good starting point.

I have lvl31 blizz and lvl28 lightning skills in my sorc. Thats enough for 1-2 players setup. (105fcr, around 300mf, max light resist, 1050 life and 2 wasted points in orb, while i changed skills from orb to blizz).

(occu, viper34,shako,+3cold34MF amu,spirit30 shield, no skillers,anni or torch yet)