Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

life charms or warcry gc's better?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by shockerSS, Sep 25, 2006.

1. shockerSS

shockerSS IncGamers Member

life charms or warcry gc's better?

what would be better, an inven with life charms or an inven with warcry grand charms with 20 lifers below them. im making a bvc barb, and am more concerned with living than making an extra 500 dmg. i want a good 7k life,

2. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Plain 20s with 4 fhr scs would net you (at pure vitality) with the normal bvc pubsetup a steady 6836 life at lvl 90.

9* WC sks with with 6* life scs would net you a steady 5993 life.

A combination of wc lifers and 20 life scs will net the best results if you're looking for high life.

However, life is overrated on BvCs. I know this from good experience, been playing BvCs for the whole 1.11 -.-' Made three BvCs: 1 pure vita, 2* flexibility setup ones.

3. BurntWaffle

BurntWaffle IncGamers Member

hey im just posting to see if my avatar is showing :tongue:

4. shockerSS

what do you mean by flexible barb setups? how did they work out? i just kind of thought a pure vita barb would be good, and im thinking about getting some 3\20\20 charms, i got about 30 hrs to trade

5. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

You're lucky. You get a straight quote from my unfinished guide.

Here:
    As for Charms, here you go:

Note: Only doing this because I have a maths test tomorrow and I simply cannot re-write all that. Hope it makes enough sense.

6. AllGeekedUp

AllGeekedUp Banned

isn't it silly to suggest pumping dext by 20 to use a ring with 20 str to equip CoA? I mean, you end up with the same vita whether you put that 20 to str and used a second ravenfrost or used a 20 str ring and pumped 20 dext. Plus, a raven is cheaper and will net you more ar.

7. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Let me explain.

With 20 more STR, you wouldn't gain a thing. Or well, you could use your CoA, but it's not necessarily needed.

Pumping more stats does not even help you at all. At this point, you're flexible enough already.

Also. You add the dexterity so that you can use Widowmaker. This setup can be used vs. V/Ts for example (CoA for DR, Fortitude for LR and max, Widowmaker to get them from fohing to smiting, hsarus + raven to net you a high AR). Also, compared to the angelics version of this (which btw would be 43/67), you gain nor lose nothing. Except that with the Angelic version, you cannot use your CoA without Enigma, which cripples you. You will at least need 63/67 unless you never use TGod's + Fortitude, which I doubt, and that's already 10 stats worse than 63/57. More life=better.

Also, of course you COULD have a crazy rare with 15 dex, 20 str, 120 ar, 60 life, 90 mana and 10 fcr, but that's not even realistic, so I won't even consider it.

8. shockerSS

what is a 3\20\20 sc going for these days?

what about a 20 life and 20 are charm?

im wealthy but im not loaded to the titties, i got a 403% ebotdz that i plan on trading for charms, so i hope that gets me a good start.

also, with a beast zerker, does the +dmg make to much of a difference? i got a good grief its +391 but my beast is only 246% but i figure that the beast isnt really there to deal the main dmg, the grief just uses the fant and then works with the beast. right?

9. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

if you can get ~+20 of them, then yes. As you can see, my BvC uses a different setup.

Grief+Beast does the best damage over time. EBotdZ+Beast after that. And the ED% does not matter, the STR does. My BvC has a 246/38 one. Beast's OW, CB, +STR, fanatiscm all add to the overtime damage, making it greater.

10. rykuss

rykuss Banned

Nice info there Ce Olba, I like in-depth discussion especially when it comes to inventory and stash gear. I made pretty much the classic setup you described as it will be my first atempt. Wish I'd saved those huge life/mana GC's now though.(I should've known they'd have a use for something) I'm looking forward to the guide. :thumbsup:

To shocker, if I may make a suggestion on a good way to obtain charms, I would suggest running NM cows. Sure it may sound crazy, but I've run it all season, like I do every season. Hell cows are good too but not nearly as easy as NM, oh and give the pit a try as well. I just hate trading for things that can be easily found. :wink3:

If you'd be so kind as to hit the "Ladder Reset" button on your way out, I'd be eternally grateful. I have a BvA on Ladder and NL and it'd sure be nice to have all the possible switch gear on one char. :tongue:

11. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Well then pay a visit to the PvP forum and vote. That will settle if I will put a partial guide here or not.

As to really answer: I like to explain whatever MCM, Luis and Blobs all left un-explained: The reasoning behind the things. I do not want there to be masses a questions left, as it gets boring and repeatitive to answer the same questions over and over again.

Sorry, I'm not going out. Plus I see no Ladder Reset-button anywhere.

12. shockerSS

what are those charms worth? my quesiton is still unanswered. 3\20\20 and a 20\20

13. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

3/20/20 is a popular dupe, so it's not to be traded on these forums. Also, I have no idea of Ladder or any other realms outside of my own. On Ladder, a pure 3/20/20 will most likely be a bunch of currency.

As for 20/20, a lot less. You shouldn't ask such questions in a barbarian related topic, no offense.

14. shockerSS

whats wrong with asking questions?? i thought thats what forums were for. i cant afford a lot of max dmg ar and life charms, so the life ar charm is a good alternative.

15. rykuss

rykuss Banned

We have a Trade Values forum here for those questions. Might want to go over the rules to see what is and what is not allowed to be discussed here as well. :wink3:

16. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

I can use the extra str for extra damage. helps .

17. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

The effective increase of 20% ED would be~2.31%s. Now, is 2% more damage worth 192 life? If it was, then you would have to make a Titan barb. Oh, and this number is based off my own BvC while he is wearing Enigma.

The meaning of the certain amounts of increase are the SEVERAL things you gain. With 63 str, you can do this:
    Use CoA + Hsarus + Fortitude + rfrost + hl + 20 str/ar ring
    Use CoA + TGod's + ravens/angelics + Fortitude + gores + Dracs
    Use Arreat's with only Dracul's and your charms.
    Use any desirable Enigma (63+ 40+15 = 118, should be enough for any desired Enigma (Usually AP))

With 57 dexterity, you can:
    Use CoA + 1 Raven + any ring + Widowmaker
    Use Arreat's + any rings + Widowmaker
    Use Arreat's + Angelics + Fortitude + Widowmaker vs hammerdins

Now, that's already quite a few things.