Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lich Necro PvP?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by NickaliskTrent, May 22, 2008.

1. NickaliskTrent

NickaliskTrent Banned

Lich Necro PvP?

Does the lich necro (skelly mages) with infinity merc still work for pvp now that marrow walks bug has been patched restricting some skill point advantages?

And do skellys only last for about 3 minutes like revives?

2. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Re: Lich Necro PvP?

Skellys don't have a duration. And no, the build will not work out well.

When you minion stack, your merc is always first to get hit and then your minions. If its a build that revolves around a merc, it's a fail character

3. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

i disagree.

It is stronger for PvP in 1.11 than even in 1.10 because now you have even more +skills and resist flexibility from torch.

A stream of mage fire from 19 mages with fanaticism aura, lower resist, and conviction hurts bad, just be careful of fireball splash damage and lightning fury.

4. NickaliskTrent

NickaliskTrent Banned

wistful thinking on my part. It sounds like an awful lot of fun. Im going to try it soon.

5. Scudstorm

Scudstorm IncGamers Member

A merc in PvP is often considered bad-mannered. Summon necro altogether too...

6. DayDream

You won't be able to rely on the conviction from merc as if they have conviction on them, you are on their screen thus a target. Minion stack or not, any random attack will hit merc first as priority and seeing how skeleton mages will be stacked ontop of you.. you'll have to be pretty close.

I remember skeleton mages spells to be slow

7. NickaliskTrent

NickaliskTrent Banned

I mainly duel with friends, and we use mercs/summons. I figured it would be a fun build to try out.

I tried teleing around with a few mages on my old 1.10 bonenecro, they shoot alright, but against another tele opponent it would be hard to land hits... kinda like a sosa's hydras..

8. DayDream

A hydra sorc is better in pvp =p As you can place hydras and pressure the opponent to teleport towards them. They take skill to play

9. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

Mages start shooting with about a half second delay after you tele, but once thaey start it looks like a strafer with maxed out ias only 4x as fast.

Even if the merc dies, it will still hurt bad with lower resist unless they stack over 255.

10. JustAnother

JustAnother IncGamers Member

why not have the necro carry the infinity

11. Rawness

Rawness IncGamers Member

No block, miss the +skills, and all that extra damage otherwise - poison nova pays off more then the skellies.

12. krisjeh

krisjeh IncGamers Member

it might look nice on paper, but the attack of the mages is so slow that the bolts/fireballs etc are just so easy to dodge. against melee char you might have a little more potential but I doubt you can really kill a thing.

13. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

not true, and actually on paper and all that theory stuff actually looks bad for mages (slow, very low damage elemental, low hit points, ect.)

Then you try it and it's like "whoa that's freaking crazy awesome!"

14. krisjeh

krisjeh IncGamers Member

I'm not saying you are wrong, but I would like to see it work before I believe it. I mean, how do you plan on hitting something with an elemental attack that moves slower than a normal axe or a javelin. You might give them a hard time when telestomping on top of them, but the resists will most likely take care of the damage. I imagine tho, against a fireball sorc for example, 1 ball will take care of all the minions...

15. NumtyDoo

NumtyDoo IncGamers Member

I don't disagree that the mages can throw out some damage. My fishy when fully pimped, has 18 or 19 mages doing about 15k per shot (total, not each) add the 85% bonus from infinity, the 70% bonus from lower resist, and you are looking at some great damage.

Unfortunately, as someone mentioned before, the projectiles are slow, the time it takes for mages to fire after tele is complete is also really slow.

I agree that damage is not the issue here, fully pimped mages can dish out some damage. But, actually hitting another PvP character with them is another thing all together.

16. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

As I stated in the guide I wrote back in 2004, fireballs will eat you alive.

Also don't forget that you will have a reasonable amount of revives from the 1 point and all the +skills (think 20 gloams and the effect they will have after lower resist and conviction.)

Also remember the mages work best when in a tele-blob, so they fire in a stream.