Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lich Lord.110

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Damric, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

Lich Lord.110

Hi! This a build that is similar to the old "Lord of Mages" and "Commando" builds but utilizes the new runewords, particularly a Faith rogue merc.
    Skills: Max Skel Mastery, Skel Mages, Lower Res, 1 point Revives and all pre-req's. Use act 1 Fire Merc with a Faith bow or an Edge (for poor people). Use an Enigma to make a minion-tele-blob.
    Strategy: Let those minions shoot down the enemies!

What do you think? Any good?

2. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

There's no need for maxxing LR...also you forgot about maxxing mastery. Your skeletons will be doing most of the killing anyway...and much faster than your mages...their job is to act as support for your hard hitting skeletons.

And since your merc will be using faith...your necro could be using a different weapon and still be used as a commando.

I've had mine up to level 90...and found it to work really good.

HoS

3. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

Thankyou for your feedback, but you misunderstood me. I am not going for a max raise skeleton/physical damamge build. This will be a Max Mage and revived archer build that can just tele around and never unstack. Any regular skellys will be fodder for the mages, and Max Lower resist to help with mages/merc/revived archers.

4. Doll Call

Doll Call IncGamers Member

sounds kinda silly... since mages ar weak as hell... and you'd have to go out and revive explicitly casters/archers... a better build may be a commando mancer with a pride/might merc... that would be balls :D

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Mages aren't that weak, sure they aren't as good tanks as the Skellies, but they can hold their own. Be sure to use curses and your Golem to keep the Mages relatively safe.

This build can function very well. You may want to Revive certain other types of monsters depending on the situation.

An Act I Merc can work well because of the theme. Faith doesn't really benefit your Mages or magic using Revives, but it does benefit any melee Revives and your Merc. An Act II Merc will be capable of using Infinity that will grant you a level 12 Conviction aura. It would make the Mages more useful.

6. Shlongor

Shlongor IncGamers Member

Fools! Faith on the necro with some necro wand/shield on switch to prebuff skeles with pride/might merc. PWN!

7. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

Hey I just wanted to update you on how my "Lich Lord" is doing. Those mages just rock in hell. Against hell Baal they just don't die, and my faith/duress/guillames merc is just badass for bringing down the big guys. I have recieved many compliments while I play, because in 8 player games I am the dominant player (at level 70 lol). It's great, I got 13 mages, 7 skeletons, 14 revives, and an awesome clay golem. Basically I look like a big blob as I teleport around and shoot everything down. I have a max Lower Resist that covers a huge area and some points in Corpse Explode for when I really want to make a mess. It's quite fun.

8. ZeGeRtheslayer

ZeGeRtheslayer IncGamers Member

Wow! It sounds really cool!

Thankyou for telling me about this Damric!

I´m going to start my own build now. Do you think that a Fire Golem could be good for me?

9. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

I use either a clay or an iron. If I remake it I will simply max out golem mastery and put 1 point in the clay, blood and iron. Fire Golems look cool, but I think an iron golem works out better since they can easily be immune to all elements (see the golem guide thread). I always keep items that would be junk and make irons from it especially rare paladin shields.

10. ZeGeRtheslayer

ZeGeRtheslayer IncGamers Member

Thankyou very much! I´ll check it out right away!