License plate controversy

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
License plate controversy

Ohio may be adopting the "vanity" plate: Choose Life

News report

Personally, I would get those plates and put them proudly on my car.

Just another instance where abortion sparks more legal debate.

zodiac66 said:
Ohio may be adopting the "vanity" plate: Choose Life

News report

Personally, I would get those plates and put them proudly on my car.

Just another instance where abortion sparks more legal debate.
I would also wear those plates around my car's neck. But I think it's a mistake for a whole state government to basically take the pro-life stance, and there will be trouble.

Can I get Pro-Choice plates?

Or are we playing favoritism with the government that's supposed to serve everyone equally again?

Just curious.

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
DrunkCajun said:
Can I get Pro-Choice plates?

Or are we playing favoritism with the government that's supposed to serve everyone equally again?

Just curious.
No, you can't. It was voted down by the general assembly.

It would have been so easy for them to allow both, but they didn't. Personally, I would love to have a pro-life plate, but it will never be in circulation.

Steel_Avatar

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't understand why governments think they can get away with this one-sided endorsement of an incredibly divisive issue.

Steel_Avatar said:
I don't understand why governments think they can get away with this one-sided endorsement of an incredibly divisive issue.
If there is a big enough cry, they will provide the other plate.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
I think Ohio would stop a pro-life plate from being produced before they allowed a pro-choice plate to be available.

axeil

Diabloii.Net Member
I personally am so fed up with this whole abortion thing that I think we should just kill the babies and blow up the clinics. That way everyone loses.

Abortion=worst political topic ever

Abortion was beat to death in the 1990s and I personally couldn't give a hoot and a hollar about what they decide. Government corruption? Sure. Destruction of civil liberties? You betcha. Explotation of the bottom 90% of the country? Damn right. Abortion? ....

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
I was responding to {KOW}'s remark that if there were enough clamor for a pro-choice plate to be developed, Ohio would approve one. My feeling is that Ohio would rather have no plates available on this issue rather than one for each side.

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
A state may legally encourage only one side of an issue. Including being pro-life. A state could even (probably) require every high school student to take a class called "Why abortion is evil" and have prolife billboards on every courthouse.

In fact, our government takes this one sided stance on most issues, people just don't care about them. I do think its garbage the state voted down pro choice tho.

Garbad

Mecal

Diabloii.Net Member
1 sided eh? Thats pretty lame - imo.

I guess i'll just have to market 'anti - pro-choice license plate bumper stickers' that read:
Everytime you buy a Pro-Choice Lisence Plate, a baby is killed.

axeil

Diabloii.Net Member
Mecal said:
1 sided eh? Thats pretty lame - imo.

I guess i'll just have to market 'anti - pro-choice license plate bumper stickers' that read:
Everytime you buy a Pro-Choice Lisence Plate, a baby is killed.
Er...you do realize that they only have the Pro-Life liscence plate right?

NightShade

Diabloii.Net Member
If they had them, would you buy one?

Right to life are alot more public friendly as well as comercially friendly. The only reason it was done. I swing pro-choice, but I wouldnt buy a pro-choice liscence plate.

Mecal

Diabloii.Net Member
axeil said:
Er...you do realize that they only have the Pro-Life liscence plate right?
yes, that is the point of the bumper sticker.
only 1 license plate, only 1 bumper sticker.

Lostprophet

Diabloii.Net Member
Feh.

Can I get one that says "Choose Life: Stop prisoner killings." Or "Choose Life: Stop shooting deer with semi-automatic guns." Or "Choose Life: Get the hell out of Iraq." Cause that'd be cool.

Yaboosh

Diabloii.Net Member
Lostprophet said:
Feh.

Can I get one that says "Choose Life: Stop prisoner killings." Or "Choose Life: Stop shooting deer with semi-automatic guns." Or "Choose Life: Get the hell out of Iraq." Cause that'd be cool.
Now that is a sensible and completely applicable line of reasoning.....