Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

liberator vs wind druid pub pk

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by jsyou, Oct 12, 2006.

1. jsyou

jsyou Banned

liberator vs wind druid pub pk

hi i need some effective methods of killing wind druids mainly in pub pk so im in a 1vs7 hostile situation most of the time. my problems is with wind druids who uses doom and still maintain a decent fcr rate to recast wolfs then repeat his stupid nado spam, i cant even charge because i'll get slowed down any tips?

2. uptoolayte

uptoolayte IncGamers Member

I just let him go on the offense and hammer walk hammer walk. if he tries to run away or doesn't follow you then tele or charge up to him to either strike at him or make him chase you. Then repeat. At least thats what I do.

3. mythos

mythos IncGamers Member

do you walk in any particular direction, ie up, down, away from nado's?
    why walk, not run? since nado's are unblockable? or is it to block the wolves attacks to prevent stun?

4. jsyou

jsyou Banned

you can block torandos sometimes and woudn't blocking the wolfs cause you down? since they dont even do any damage thats threatning.

i cant charge druids who uses doom on plus they got max block a fail charge usually results in dying is spaming hammers the only way? but then they just keep recasting their crap wolf :(

5. uptoolayte

Ok, I didn't mean walk literally. If you can switch fast enough, Hammer charge/vigor, hammer, charge/vigor. Spam hammers until they start retreating somewhere to put them on the defense. If they teleport on top of you, just hammer. Most druids that are offensive by teleporting right on you will die. If they start getting tricky, then I try teleporting just underneath them and hammer away. If you can get 125 fcr then you will teleport and cast faster than a windy. Hammers will protect you better than his tornadoes and will kill more effectively. I would also put on gear that gives you more FHR, that way if your put in recovery animation, you can tele away or cast while he's hitting you with nados.

6. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

no offence but I suggest that you duel a good windy ASAP :wink3:

Mike

7. uptoolayte

Well I can only talk about the experiences I've had with the windies I've encountered, sorry if my strategies are lacking in any area that you might excel in. So far, I have not been beaten by a windy with my pure Hdin, I'm sure there are better windies that will kill me, all I can do is post what has worked for me.

8. jsyou

jsyou Banned

those strategies wont even work at any good wind druid i need strategy for beating those who use doom and keep casting wolfs and spam happy if wolfs die they just tele like mad to recast by the time im on the offense they have wolfs up aready.

i aready have 75fcr 86% fhr i cant get to 125 on a liberator it would need alot of gear sacraficing.

9. uptoolayte

Ask uncle_mike

10. Dreamerzzz

Dreamerzzz IncGamers Member

ok hi guys i know this is a little late but just listen. i have a lvl 93 liberator. he can kill anything...accept for those godly wind druids. what really ticks me off is that when they tele on top of u while ur spamming hammers, the hammers never hit them. i had a druid tele on top of me and stay there for what seemed like more then five seconds and my hammers never touched him. what is the problem? im sure there was no lag or anything like that.

11. Von Lazuli

Von Lazuli IncGamers Member

They are hitting the wolves... not the druid.

You can sometimes get a lucky charge if you can get a namelock from your corners when you are creating hammer fields... Otherwise, no idea. This is still a very difficult matchup.

Laz