Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Liberator tactics against necro

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by boshekinthunder, Mar 12, 2004.

1. boshekinthunder

boshekinthunder IncGamers Member

Liberator tactics against necro

Ive been led to believe that Liberators in pvp have the hardest time by far against good necros. Anyone have any good tactics for dueling against necros? Im guessing that 125 fcr would be useful as well as plenty of mana for tele-dueling. Also, Im thinking that from the way spirit explodes on trees, puddles, etc, that teleing around a more confined area might prove to be a good advantage, though it might be harder to hit with hammers. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

not that hard if you are accurate.

you need to have a very good charge damage / ar ratio for you to be able to peirce their block and bone armor.

Once there bone armor is off they should die in like 1 hit.

But alot of necros will use BP so you need to be aware and teleport / charge out of there if you get cought in one.

Considering most necro teleport. A easy thing to do is make the necro follow you. As you leave behind 3-4 hammers the necro will encounter one -2 of them on the way to you. So where ever you run to. Drop hammers.

If you see a clear opportunity, charge at them. Then quickly charge /vigor away or u will end up dead.

For a pure poison necro you need to just charge/Off Hammer them at all costs.

Before the poison kills you.

3. HandofElysium

HandofElysium IncGamers Member

Basically most duelers will have a hard time against good necros period regardless of class.

4. Ulric

Ulric IncGamers Member

I haven't PVP in a while. I thought teleporting was considered bad manners for everyone except Sorcs?

5. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

yes but in public dueling nobody is mannered so its fine in pub.

but in things like temple or private duels it is very bad mannered.

6. Perfect_11.

Perfect_11. IncGamers Member

well if this is bm use a sanctuary shield for slow missiles and a holy freeze merc. Easy Pop

7. boshekinthunder

boshekinthunder IncGamers Member

Yeah, pubbie dueling. I would rather duel manners, but since most people use tele in pubbies now... Anyway, what would holy freeze merc do? doesnt slow cast rate, maybe hit recovery, but 1 or 2 hammers should kill most necros. Sanctuary is a good idea though.

8. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Some thing that I have been working on is to use these skills slow missle, guilded arrow, and tele. But how to use those together is a defent story, because they will most likely have a faster cast rate so they could out tele you. Getting them on your screen might be hard to do because they could just use bs in your direction. Then getting them on your screen becomes alot harder. Guilded does have a advantage tho.

No I am not saying make a zon and use emigma. Also as some one that duels alot of zons using one has all ways seamed like a bad ideal to me. I never liked dodge or its other 2 skills. Since I have seen what they do to the zon, they stop slowly move out of they way for your first attack and then get hit by your next attack. Even tho using one can be done and is alot cheaper. What I am saying is to get santuary sheild (slow missle), emigma (tele), and widowmaker (guilded).

With slow missle the necro will not want to be on your screen for a very long time. They will only want to be on your screen when they make they're killing attack. After the first time the necro uses bone prison and you tele out of it I dont think they will use bp again on you. Even tho you have a 1 sec chance to get out of bp. I would only use slow missle when they mess up and let you on they're screen for a period of time. And at that time you sould just get in slow missle and get out. guilded missle sould be used as your killing attack. But they could use slow missle on you, just as easy as you could use it on them.

All in all, as of right now all I can think of is how to put them in to stale-mate. But at the same time as a pally you have other skills that you can use. Also I wonder if the other pallys from this forum would think that this would be bm.