Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Liberator Guide

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Snake-Byte, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Snake-Byte

Snake-Byte IncGamers Member

Liberator Guide

Every time I turn around, I see a new liberator or hammerdin guide on these boards, or in the strategy compendum, and it drives me nuts!!

I'm almost deffinately not the best hammerdin/liberator on USEast, let alone all the realms, but I do have a fair amount of experience with them.

So... Here's my 'guide' and my two cents on the rest of them.

First off, we'll look at leveling, and placing our stat/skill points.

Skills: A while back, someone ran the actual numbers on what's best to get the most damage out of your hammers the fastest. As for me, I'm going to take a different aproach, seeing as how this is primarily for pvp.

Skill Placement:
    Level 1: Might-1
    Level 2: Smite-1
    Level 3: Prayer-1
    Den of Evil: Save
    Level 4: Save
    Level 5: Save
    Level 6: Holy Bolt-1; Defiance-1
    Level 7: Save
    Level 8: Save
    Level 9: Save
    Level 10: Save
    Level 11: Save
    Level 12: Blessed Aim-1; Clensing-1; Charge-1
    Level 13: Blessed Aim-1
    Level 14: Blessed Aim-1
    Level 15: Blessed Aim-1
    Level 16: Blessed Aim-1
    Level 17: Blessed Aim-1
    Level 18: Blessed Aim-1; Blessed Hammers-1; Concentration-1
    Level 19: Blessed Aim-1; Blessed Hammers-1; Concentration-1
    Radament: Blessed Hammers-1
    Level 20: Blessed Hammers-1
    Level 21: Blessed Hammers-1
    Level 22: Blessed Hammers-1
    Level 23: Blessed Hammers-1
    Level 24: Blessed Hammers-1
    Izual Quest: Blessed Hammers-1; Holy Shield-1
    Normal Ancients/Level 25: Vigor-1
    Level 26: Meditation-1
    Level 27: Blessed Hammers-1
    Level 28: Blessed Hammers-1
    Level 29: Blessed Hammers-1
    Level 30: Blessed Hammers-1
    Level 31: Blessed Hammers-1
    Level 32: Blessed Hammers-1
    Level 33: Blessed Hammers-1
    Level 34: Blessed Hammers-1
    Level 35: Blessed Hammers-1
    Level 36: Blessed Hammers-1
    Level 37: Blessed Hammers-1
    Level 38: Blessed Hammers-1
    Level 39: Blessed Hammers-1
    Level 40: Blessed Hammers-1; Maxed Blessed Hammers
    Level 41: Vigor-1
    Level 42: Vigor-1
    Level 43: Vigor-1
    Level 44: Vigor-1
    Level 45: Vigor-1
    Level 46: Vigor-1
    Level 47: Vigor-1
    Level 48: Vigor-1
    Level 49: Vigor-1
    Level 50: Vigor-1
    Level 51: Vigor-1
    Level 52: Vigor-1
    Level 53: Vigor-1
    Level 54: Vigor-1
    Level 55: Vigor-1
    Level 56: Vigor-1
    Level 57: Vigor-1
    Level 58: Vigor-1
    Level 59: Vigor-1; Vigor Maxed
    Level 60: Holy Shield-1
    Level 61: Holy Shield-1
    Level 62: Holy Shield-1
    Level 63: Holy Shield-1
    Level 64: Holy Shield-1
    Level 65: Holy Shield-1
    Level 66: Holy Shield-1
    Level 67: Holy Shield-1
    Level 68: Holy Shield-1
    Level 69: Holy Shield-1
    Level 70: Holy Shield-1
    Level 71: Holy Shield-1; Holy Shield level 13
    Level 72: Concentration-1
    Level 73: Concentration-1
    Level 74: Concentration-1
    Level 75: Concentration-1
    Level 76: Concentration-1
    Level 77: Concentration-1
    Level 78: Concentration-1
    Level 79: Concentration-1
    Level 80: Concentration-1
    Level 81: Concentration-1
    Den of Evil NM: Concentration-1
    Radament NM: Concentration-1
    Izual NM: Concentration-2
    Den of Evil Hell: Concentration-1
    Radament Hell: Concentration-1
    Izual Hell: Concentration-2

Every additional Level after 81 should go into blessed aim. I've found 81 relatively easy to get using the following method of leveling:
    Levels 1-20: Quest your way up, if you have a friend with a sorceress, have him/her unparty with you, and follow you around static-fielding everything in normal to reduce it to 1 hp to make for easier leveling. Once you get to 20, have the same friend kill normal cows for you until you're 24. Have that friend kill the normal ancients for you at this point. Afterwords, do public normal baal runs until you're level 40-50. Have that friend poweract you through nightmare (it's rather easily done. Though if you don't like poweracting, or can't get someone to do it, questing never killed anyone) and kill the nightmare ancients. Follow the same steps in nightmare baal runs until you're level 60-73. Afterwords do the same process in hell. Your liberator at level 73 with the equipment I'm going to have you use should be able to demolish hell, and then some. Do hell baal runs (either alone, or with other people, depending on your preference. I've done them privately and leveled my pre-fabbed Hammerdin (which is essentially the same build that you have) from level 80 to 90, just playing around, and trying to find some of the new items.

Now, for your items.

Enigma Wirefleece - First and Foremost. This item has a good base strength req to aim for since we're going to use a Stormshield on both sides (Yes, I know, it sounds crazy. I have a reason. Two or three actually.); If you plan on pubby dueling, throw a guardian angel in your stash.

Harlqeuin Crest - 10% dr, +2 skills, huge life/mana bonus, +2 all stats. Cant go wrong here.

Crafted +2 paladin Caster Amulet. - At least 5% fcr here. Preferably with stats. I have a nice rare one with +2 skills, 10% fcr, and the prismatic mod, so you may get lucky and gamble one. Rose Branded Amulet of the Apprentice, or Priests Amulet of the Apprentice works here too; If you plan on pubby dueling, keep a rising sun in the stash.

Two SoJs - You'll want these for mana, and the +1 skills. If you really want to go for Maras, you could swap one of these out for a fcr amulet with resists/stats/life/mana, but I wouldnt suggest it. You'll also want to keep two Ravenfrosts, Two Dwarf Stars, and if you can get ahold of it, a Wisp Projector or two in your stash; If you plan on Pubby Dueling.

Magefists - Some people say Trangs, some people say Magefists. I'm a fan of Magefists. I have an upgraded personalized pair on my hammerdin. I must say, they're rather awesome. Nevertheless, Keep a pair of trangs in your stash for cold sorcs.

Thundergod's Vigor - The only other belt that even comes close to rivaling this belt is Verdungos. +20 strength; though that's rather moot when it comes to building your char, it does add slightly to your charge damage, +20 vitality, +10% maximum lightning resist, and +20 lightning absorb. Throw in 10% more max lightning resist, and even fully synergized lightning sentries heal you (Great for pubby pking) Keep a snowclash incase of cold sorcs, though.

Soul Spurs; Heavy Boots - Yeah, I know. They're dupes. I don't hold anything against them, they're nice boots, and they aren't hacked. If you really dispise them, though, you could go with Marrowwalks (which I've found to be an interesting twist with this build, what with the bone prison charges, life tap charges, and mana recovery and all. Or you could go with Sandstorms Trek, which provide around 60% poison resist, and is very helpful against poison necros (I've got one now, it's brutal.) Any other rare boots with a decent amount of run/walk (which, although you wont be using it much; and no, you're not teleporting, is still useful in some sittuations.)

Weapon Switch I; Caster

Stormshield, you can really socket it with anything you want. I have mine socketed with a Perfect Topaz. I wouldnt suggest any other shield, unless you want to use a Jewelers shield of deflecting with four bers, and 45% autores inherant, which has less defense, and is actually at a disadvantage against two of the more common resists, cold and lightning.

Wizard Spike, Again, socket it with whatever you like. I have mine socketed with a +9 energy/30% lightning resist jewel.

Weapon Switch II; Charge

Weapon: You'll want whatever high damage weapon you can get. I've found myself a nice winged harpoon with 178% enhanced damage, the fool's mod, +13 max damage or so, and 30% increased attack speed (rather futile with charge, but I like to smite every now and again when amazons try and tank me) You may want to look for some of the same mods (good luck...) on a berserker axe, or even a scourge. (Keep in mind, you can upgrade all rares to their elite versions, so pick all of those weapons up, and ID them!)

Stormshield: Again, a stormshield. Socket it with whatever you like again. I have my switch'ed stormshield socketed with a 30% enhanced damage, +9 minimum damage, 29% lightning resist, 7% mf jewel.

Now, you can obviously substitute some things with others, if you can't afford these items, grab something that's similar in stats, yet cheaper. Good PVP is never cheap, though, and my motto is: "If you're going to do something, do it right."

As far as your stats go; You'll want to build up to your Enigma. Wirefleeces only require 111 strength. So you'll want to build up to that. 110 strength is a good target, since that's the requirement of your Thundergods, and that in turn gives 20 strength. Soulspurs, which are what I use, give 19 strength. I get another 2 strength from my shako, and the paladin starts out with 25 strength. That means you'll need to pump 64 strength. Quite a bit, but it's worth it in the end. As far as dexterity goes, you'll need to pump up to about 140 for max blocking at higher levels. You get 14 from your boots, 2 from your helm, and the paladin starts out with 20. Unfortunately, you're going to have to pump another 104 stats into dex. That doesn't leave you with a whole lot of vitality. By level 90, which is where I'm at, using all the stat quests, and your stat points, you'll have about 317 vitality.

We're looking at a stat allocation that looks something like this by level 90.
    Str: 64
    Dex: 104
    Vit: 317
    Energy: 0

As far as your charms go, you'll want to get 10 combat charms. With life, or stats if possible. 6 stat points saved is 18 life, so if you can't afford charms with life, or vita, maybe you can buy some with +6 str or dex.

You'll want to have one Annihilus, obviously, but I don't tend to want to build around these (you can if you want, but you have to wait until 70 to put your enigma on.) And the rest will want to be preferably +18-20 life small charms with resists (lightning and cold are my primary concerns, but fire is up there too. Poison is on the back burners, but deffinately dont forget about it) If you get lucky enough to find some small charms with +20 life, and 5% resist all, Sexy! If you're too poor, or too unlucky to find small charms of this callibur, you can also go the stat point route, +2 str, or +2 dex with resists.

For dueling, you'll need to change your hotkeys. I use the following setup.
    I've found it to be the easiest for me, but I'm amodextrous. :D

A for Blessed Hammers; S for Concentration.
    D for Charge; F for Vigor
    V for holy shield, and G for teleport. This puts all of your controls within easy access of your left hand. If you want to set auras like Meditation, Clensing, Salvation, ect, ect, set them on the function keys, and use a wheel mouse, or the function keys themselves to access them, as they'll be secondary.

As for dueling tactics... I'm not going to spoil it for you. This build is pretty fun, though it loses it's luster after a few duels. The most important tip I can give you for dueling though, is to use vigor + charge for moving, and NOT teleport. Teleport A) isn't fast enough, and B) requires too much mana. Also, if you know what you're doing, you can really mop up in pubby pvp games using vigor + charge with your caster switch, and those hotkeys. But you'll have to figure that one out for yourself ;)

Now, a lot of you are asking me "WHY DIDNT YOU MAX CHARGE?!" Well, I'd rather have the defense from holy shield since I pubby pvp a lot. You dont often, but nevertheless do get high AR Chargers, and Whirlwinders with 2h weapons which really do a hell of a lot of damage. You get a passive 5% ar bonus from blessed aim, AND a huge damage bonus to hammers, so I'd rather have maxed that first as well.

At first glance, it doesn't look as effective as the other liberator builds out there, but I've found it to be far more effective. You can play both offensively, and defensively with your hammers (running circles with vigor + charge, then switching quickly to hammers/conc and firing off a hammer, then switching back to vigor + charge and continuing to circle) (or running backwards with vigor/charge, hammering a few times, and running backwards again) You also have the added option of luring people in with the prospect of getting a free hit with charge, and you can really do a number on their life points if you land one of these charge hits.

I've found the liberator to be the singlemost versatile build, and if you stack your equipment right, not a whole lot of players can do much with you.

Please, if I've left anything out, I want you guys to point it out, and I'll gladly fill you in, or at least try to. I've seen so many liberator guides that advocate going with a herald on your switch and leaving you open to physical attacks that it isn't funny, and I'd like to get more and more people to see that the stormshield isn't nearly as useless for casters as people think it is.

2. Any1

Any1 Banned

That's a good and comprehensive guide. I have a couple of minor comments:

1. How about listing the totals for each skill after your clvl-by-clvl skillpoint breakdown (very effective BTW).

2. I'd like to see a little more on Liberator PvP strategy (in its own section perhaps). You do have a lot of experience in this department, how about some basics?

3. amishamigo

amishamigo IncGamers Member

Rosebranded shield of deflecting with four bers? How'd you manage to get a four socket magic shield :p

4. Snake-Byte

By level 81, and after all your skill quests have been finished.

Concentration: 20
    Blessed Hammers: 20
    Vigor: 20
    Blessed Aim: 8
    Holy Shield: 13
    Charge: 1 (seems kind of odd to call it a liberator with one point into charge, but it works for me.)

If you use the gear I suggested, your totals afterwords will be:

Concentration: 29
    Blessed Hammers: 39
    Vigor: 29
    Blessed Aim: 17 (kind of moot, but you may want to use it for charging high def people)
    Holy Shield: 32

Ok. I'll go ahead and post a reply, and give it a shot.

5. Snake-Byte

Did I say rosebranded?! Ugh! I meant jewelers, let me fix that.

6. Snake-Byte

Ok, as for dueling tactics

Amazons

Bowazons; Traditionally Guided Arrow - Without pierce, this isn't too hard. Just charge straight at them. If they tank you, and manage to survive (or dodge) your hit, switch to smite. It's around level 20 after your items, and will do a number. It also forces her to run more. If you dont like smiting, you can either hammer with your charge weapon out (which is slow, but does hurt), or you can switch to your caster side and throw out some hammers

Javazons; Lightning Fury, or in some cases now Poison/Plague Javeline, or even Lightning Bolt (does 100% elemental damage now, can pack quite a wallop if used correctly) - The same old song and dance. Charge them, preferably with vigor out instead of concentration. You wont do as much damage, but you will make it harder for them to run away. Smite or hammer when they stop, Charge again when they start running. If they stand still, it's an easy duel. Just hammer them to death.

Barbarians - These guys can pack quite a punch. They have up to 6k life (some maybe more) and quite a bit of attack rating. Don't let them get close to you, if they're going 2h and you catch them off guard, charge in, and charge out. You may be able to deal a bit of damage this way, especially if they have no damage reduced on. Otherwise, use vigor + charge to stay away from them, and force them into your hammer field. Two or three hits should take quite a chunk out of their life. If they try and berserk you, get them to the north, make them follow you, and hammer away.

Assassins - If they go melee, they should be cake. Just charge at them, and then hammer them. If you're feeling cocky, you might even be able to smite them to death if you have a quick 1h charge weapon.

Trapsins, on the other hand, are harsh. Stay out of their mindblast range, and you should be okay. Traps wont do a whole lot of damage to you with Thundergod's on, but they can hurt if they all hit you at once. Charge around them with vigor, and lay off hammers. If you can catch them off guard, charge next to them, hammer, and charge away. I don't advise that against a good trap assassin though, as they'll most deffinately mindblast you, fhr lock you, and you will die. Instead, play passively. Make them come after you, then quickly charge behind their traps, hammer, and charge away. This can get very tiring, but if you have a lot of patience, you'll force them to run into your hammers before you die. It's a real battle of skill.

Druids - Elemental druids are cake. Vigorcharge, hammer a couple of times, and vigorcharge more. If they just stand still, charge in, hammer two or three times, and charge out. Avoid thier tornados at all cost. A lot of eledruids do close to 4-5k tornado damage. Hurricane doesn't do a whole lot, but it can whittle away at your life, so be quick if you charge in and out.

If they're going for armageddon, make them come to you. Geddon does around 10k damage if the druid is properly built, and can really pack a wallop. Vigorcharge around him, out of the armageddon radius, and throw off hammers. Eventually if he moves, he'll get hit, and die. Look out for Fissures, Firestorms, Molten Bolders, and Volcanos though.

Necromancers - These are entirely defensive battles, if you charge them, they're going to tank you with their bone armor, and kill you with three or so bone spirits. If you charge circles around them, they're going to prison you, and then spirit you (you can tele out of that, or hammer once and charge away, but you will get hit) or worse yet, spear you. Which does just as much damage as bone spirit. Make them come to you, and throw hammers in their way. If they try to flank you, change directions. Keep a mental note of where your hammers are on the map, and try and make them run into them. This is going to be a real tough duel, and you have to stay on your toes.

Sorceresses - Theres so many builds here... Fireball sorcs are generally easy, so just vigorcharge around them in circles, and throw off hammers. Do your best to avoid the fireballs, as one will usually kill you, even with 75% fire resist it takes a big chunk out of your life. As for blizzard, make them make mistakes. Make them teleport after you, using the same strategy as you do against necromancers. If they teleport infront of you, charge backwards, and then once they teleport, smack them with charge, and charge away.

Lightning is really tough. One can kill you, and with 20 lightning absorb, one can also heal you. If you're lucky, you can charge them and kill them in one hit. I wouldnt suggest it unless you can flank them quickly, and smack them while they're casting. The best way to do it is to duel them like you do fireball sorcs. Once they start teleporting, charge them, and then repeat the same process when they stop.

Orb Sorcs, that's basically the same process as blizzard, except a lot more tricky. just do your best not to get hit, and keep throwing off those hammers. Make them teleport into one, and it should be overwith.

Paladins - With FoHers, play aggressively. If they start to smite, play defensively. It's really a battle of witts here. Usually you can win, just don't let them hit you too many times with smite, because it will fhr lock you, and in a lot of cases, does a lot of damage.

Any melee paladin, just set back and hammer. If they start to retreat, charge after them. If you notice they chargelock you, and you're quick enough, charge back into your hammers, and it will literally drag them into your field. Usually killing them. A lot of them will zeal you if you tank the first hit, so I wouldnt suggest doing that, The best way to do it is to charge to the south of them, and make them come at you from the north with charge (while they're locked that is) and then hammer them. This will usually kill them, unless they get lucky.

As for another liberator, well... I'll just let you come up with your own strategies here. Class vs Class is my favorite dueling, so you'll have a real battle here. Just a hint though, never move into their hammer range (once you get some experience, you can make a mental note of how far around you your hammer radius spreads on the map, and you can do it in turn for them.) Make them make a mistake, and then make them pay for it when they do.

Hopefully that's comprehensive enough :p

7. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

Why not use HoZ instead of ss? Has much lower strength req., better resists, better blocking, 2 to pally, 2 to combat. Only thing ss has going for it is dr.

8. Snake-Byte

Bingo! And that's precisely why tornado druids do so much damage.

It's also why, if caught off guard, bowazons will kill you.

and I dont know about much better resists. its got it beat in fire/light/poison, but cold res on the ss is 60% :)

I just prefer the stormshield because its more versatile. It keeps you from taking so much damage. Charge will 1h ko you if you don't have 50% dr now (you'll only have 18% with a herald using a Tgods, 26% if you Ber it, 34% if you ber your shako, but thats a waste...)

You really only gain +2 all skills, and +2 combat. 20 str, 20 vit. blah. With the damage you have with blessed hammers already, the +skills are moot. All the herald really has over the ss is the 50% res all, and the stormshield comes in a close second there with 25% lightning resist, and 60% cold resist (65% lightning if you Ptopaz it like I did) As for the strength req... you get quite a bit of strength from your enigma anyway. And dont forget that strength also enhances your charge damage.

9. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

um. :scratch: .... didn't i already write the guide on pvp liberator lol..???

besides you also would want to Ber Shako , Ber Zak , 15% Dungo , with Nigma to give you 49% Dr.

Zak gives more ar / damge then zak.

And your stats are a little high. 64Str? NO thanks i'll still with mine.

since u wear engmia you would need Zero or 30 base str. not 64.

Let me get this straight . you maxed
    Bh , Conc, Vigor, and Holyshied? Right? or no..

See , you don't neeed 10k+ hammer dmage to be effective. Thats what a hammerdin is for. The idea of a liberator is to balance between two skills or Three. and do decent damge with both. not overpower one and leave one for teh back burner.

Charge Can do damge with conc. you need to focus on getting Ar sc with vita or damge or both. Sometimes i even charge with ba on, lower damage but it sill hits.

anyways i got whole bag of tricks for a liberator if u need any other help let me know.

10. HandofElysium

HandofElysium IncGamers Member

Bottom Line

There is no one way to build a liberator. My setup is different from both yours kev and Lovely's and it still does pretty good.

As long as you synergized hammers correctly you will do okay.

11. Any1

Any1 Banned

Thanks for the dueling tactics.

BTW, since the advent of the synergies, there's even more ways to create any one build. Whether you emphasize Charge or BH on a Liberator, depends on your PvP tactics and play style.

12. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

yea i know any1,

i wasn't saying anything wrong with writing another guide. i like to see a different perspective.

13. Snake-Byte

Yes, it would. But you're stuck at 75% lightning resist without the 20 absorb. FoH, Lightning Sentry, and pretty much any other lightning-based attack is going to tear you a new one.

Yes, yes it does. But again, as I emphasized, sometimes damage/ar isn't nearly as important as being able to take the hit, and laugh about it. Using a zak, you leave yourself vulnerable to either physical attacks, or lightning attacks if you go with the Verdungos setup. AR is a bit of an issue, but then again you're not going to be charging at anything that has a horribly high amount of defense. When/If you do, they'll be on the retreat (at least using my tactics. And they tend to work for me.)

Nope :) Do the math. With the gear I've listed out, you'd need 64 strength, BEFORE you can use your enigma, and that in turn, at level 73, allows you to use your stormshield (and later provides extra strength, which also boosts your charge damage, by a small amount, but it boosts it nevertheless.

Yes, and dont forget 8 points into blessed aim, not counting additional levels. I just think maxing charge is foolish, when you can squeeze out a lot of defense from holy shield, and still keep your hammers damage up. Charge should be secondary if you ask me. But I do utilize charge, and isn't the definition of a liberator a paladin who utilizes both blessed hammers, and charge? To me, it's simply more effective to concentrate on hammers, since it cannot be absorbed, nor resisted, and then leave charge, which can be resisted with physical damage reduced, and can STILL acheive fairly high damage results, on the back burners. It's just how I like to play. You guys do it differently. That's cool. I'd LOVE to duel you on USEast some time. Maybe we can swap secrets afterwords.

Well, my AR is fine, or so I've found. That's why I'm using that rare weapon with the fool's mod. I've been trying to find a good berserker axe (war axe, or naga. preferably ethereal with decent ed%) but alas. The javelin will have to do. That's how I make up for the AR. I've got 13k charge AR with it right now. I'm only doing 4k charge damage, but that's enough to take care of most non-dr casters. The casters who do have DR typically have higher defense anyway, and charge isn't useful enough to charge them outright, what with their insane damage and all. But that's just my take on it.

We should really hook up sometime if you've got a liberator on East. We'll do some dueling. (I'm Kev btw, as Pete (HandofElysium) reffered to me.)

14. shade449

Thats why you use vergondoes against melee and have a tgods against lightning users.

15. shade449

Thats why you use verdungos against melee and have a tgods against lightning users.

16. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

but that verdungo / zak setup i was talking about is for melee players.

for People with lighting i use Lo Shako , Lo Zak , T.Gods. which is 95% LR.

+ i got mroe sc 11/20's in my charms so i ahve statcked Lr so conviction doesn't hurt.

and about charge. insted of ignoring it, another idea which rag pointed out to me was to forget about Blessed aim and get lvl 19-20 holysheild. then use combat gc for the extra damge that is lost from blessed aim.

i've tried both ss and zak. Zak for me has more defense and better mods then ss. But i always use my 190+ed zaks. nothing lower or else the defense is much too low. i think my highest one is 500 def. Ss at same lvl is like 480.

nope u can't duel me im in west. hehe.....

and the only way toget zero str req for base is this.

get ammy / ring 1/ boots maybe with +10+ str on it. use 20 stat or close anni sc. Shako gives 2, and thus you have enough str for nigma dusk or what ever u use.

12+14+20+2=48str not needed. so you need a base str of 29 thus 29+48=77 which is the str req for nigma dusk. Nigma adds like 60+ str so u can see how to do this. Sure u might have to have a buddy rush u and lvl u up a little. but its well worth the wait to use the items.

the stuff i picked for the + str mod are all items which you will never take off.
    boots / ring 1 / ammy / anni sc you will never take those off of your pala. which mayseem dumb to some people but it works for getting 2500+ life. My liberator has ..........2558 life at lvl 89 493 pts in vitality with all gear.

so your depending on nigma armor to give all the str for your character.

im sure east has some "Classic" items (aka dupes) in which give similar mods with +str / resist / fhr / etc....

Mr.GoDs

17. Snake-Byte

Well, running to the stash is all well and good in private duels, but then again not many people like dueling liberator in private duels anyway. I'm talking more for pubby duels than anything. And even so, I like to do a fair amount of MFing with this guy (his MF is only about 240 or so with an alibaba on, but it recently popped me a +2 all valor, so im happy with it.) So it helps to keep his stash as clean as possible.

All things considering, I really like this build. Moreso than I do using a herald (which I've tried by the way. It's pretty good against necros, and some sorcs but thats about it. And those usually die in one hit with hammers, stormshield or herald) So really the only reason for me to use a herald with this specific build is to get a small vita boost, and/or a resist boost.

Besides, you're going to feel kind of silly if you join a pubby game, and you've got a trapsin, and a great polaxe barb partied arent you? ;)

edit: With that gear, won't your mana, and/or your fcr suffer? (No SOJ, -25% mana. If you use frostburns to make up the difference, your fcr will be lacking then?) Maybe I'm missing something though?

18. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

actually i've tried that.

my mana doesnt' suffer one bit. i have like 300 something. which is plenty.

although im not ur usuall liberator , i have a completly different fighting style which is most effective.

instead of waiting for the people to come to you, i use my offensive hammer technique.

would u like me to tell how to do it? :lol:

19. Snake-Byte

Offensive hammers, with a herald? :scratch: Doesn't that sort of... put you at risk of taking... quite a bit of damage?

20. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

:scratch: Sounds like a hammerdin with some charge ability to me.