Liberator armor debate

Butchke

Diabloii.Net Member
Liberator armor debate

I've been working on my liberator recently.
I have a problem deciding which armor to choose and I need your opinions.
My current setup :

CoA with ber + 14 resist/-15 req jewel
397% Death ettin
arach
trang gloves
treks
fcr ring with str/ar/resists
highlords
r frost
um'd hoz
switch : cta/ caster cta - hoto + 35% spirit

The first armor I've been thinking off is enigma - tele + base str and +2 skills.
On the other side if I put the str pts I can be more verastile :
Um'd Ga, Fort, CoH, shaft.

what do you guys think?

foh pally

Diabloii.Net Member
Armor

You pretty much can't go wrong with either, So i would say this would depend on whether or not your usin a cta. If not then i would go with enigma, otherwise you can't go wrong with an up'ed Ga, I have that atleast have one on switch, if not my main armor, for all my pallys

HeavAngel

Paladin Moderator

If you have both armors why not try them both out for a while and see what you like better.

I agree, you can't go wrong either way.

Butchke

Diabloii.Net Member
The only reason I can't try both options for a while is the fact that I'm here only on weekends (army).
The problem with enigma is that if I decide using it that's it - no flexibility.
Still having hard time to decide...

HandofElysium

Diabloii.Net Member
Only two armors are good for a Librator and that low req str enigma and a low req str fortitiude. Any thing else is unacceptable in my book.

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
HandofElysium said:
Only two armors are good for a Librator and that low req str enigma and a low req str fortitiude. Any thing else is unacceptable in my book.
given that charge has absolutely sick ed already, I fail to see the point of fort. It doesn't add that much (300 vs. the nearly 2k it already has?), although it is nice to see a build not depending on enigma as a crutch. wouldn't a better option be an upped vipermagi over fort as a cheaper solution? mega resists, nice defense, +skill, free socket, and massive fcr should you need it.

--welt

Butchke

Diabloii.Net Member
Upped magi it is.
With the 30 fcr I can ditch the arach and the fcr ring and go with a bk and hsaurus boots + belt combo.
Against zons and windies I can switch magi for shaft.
Thanks for the ideas guys, more comments are welcome.

Butchke

Diabloii.Net Member
The difference in the max damage between fort + fcr ring to magi + bk /soj is 1k.
I rather have that fcr bp and +1 skill instead of the 1k max damage.
Beside my charge damage is insane considering both highlords and Death.

HeavAngel

Paladin Moderator
Well, you've had a lot of great responses from the members. GL. And GL with the Army. Stay safe. :thumbsup:

HandofElysium

Diabloii.Net Member
Weltkriegpally said:
given that charge has absolutely sick ed already, I fail to see the point of fort. It doesn't add that much (300 vs. the nearly 2k it already has?), although it is nice to see a build not depending on enigma as a crutch. wouldn't a better option be an upped vipermagi over fort as a cheaper solution? mega resists, nice defense, +skill, free socket, and massive fcr should you need it.

--welt
20% Chance To Cast Level 15 Chilling Armor when Struck
+25% Faster Cast Rate <---------
All Resistances +25-30
+300% Enhanced Damage<-------
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+(1-1.5)-(99-148.5) To Life (Based on Character Level)<------
Replenish Life +7
+5% To Maximum Lightning Resist

The whole point of this armor is to not rely on a charge and cast switch all is needed for one switch. The other switch can be use for anything else but mostly likely a CTA/Spirit switch.

Take it as you see it but I have been playing a liberator for awhile and it's weak point was the weapon switch especially with the charge bug around.

Anyway I'm stop debating this. You make it the way you want it to be.