Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

LF: tgods vs. razortail

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by inkanddagger, Feb 18, 2004.

1. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

LF: tgods vs. razortail

Aight guys, I've been doing some MF runs in cows on the ladder to equip myself and other chars with, and I'm wondering what you think.

69% pierce with +3 extra skills to LF, or 100% pierce with less skills?

2. Vladicus

Vladicus IncGamers Member

69%.

I'd take the skills anyday. Who needs that 31% anyway?

3. slayer37

slayer37 IncGamers Member

I'd take the increased percentage to pierce anyday. Who needs that +skills anyway? :lol:

The increased chance of piercing increases the potential damage of LF more than the increase in damage of higher slvl IMO.

4. GITO86

GITO86 IncGamers Member

razortail definately. i have a lvl 91 javazon that ive been playing since 09 and razortail has always been noticeably better for pvm against huge packs like shenk and cows.

5. Nidlav

Nidlav IncGamers Member

I've tried both and am torn as to which is "better". They both have their strengths. Maxing your Pierce with Razortail is noticable. The draw of tgods, imo, is not the +3 LF.....that's fairly insignificant....it's the other mods....specifically....the lightening absorb and max lightening resist. The +str/vit is also nice....especially if you want to weapon switch to a spear with a higher str req. I like tgods better if I'm doing Worldstone runs. The lightening mods are very helpful versus Black Souls....and there tends to be a fair amount of lightening immunes in the WS. So....the choice kind of depends on the situation imo.

nid

6. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

For cows, Razortail (or actually Goldwrap, but that's another story). For normal gameplay, tgods.

Cows has huge packs, where it's actually possible for your jav to keep piercing for a very long time. With 69% pierce, there's not much chance of piercing more than four times (15.6% chance of piercing the fifth time). Say your herd is 8 cows long, and you'll pierce 4 times without Razortail and 8 times with. That's a doubling of your damage. No way a couple of +skills can compete. And in cows, you don't really need that much res.

7. Boooyakasha

Boooyakasha IncGamers Member

Different people different preferences. For me I will use ThunderGod. Adding tons of HPs, STR (which I can save for VIT), and superb Lightning Resistance. +Skills is just a nice bonus. All this extra for may be a few more LF.