Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

LF or LS

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by zzzxxxjjj, Jun 22, 2005.

1. zzzxxxjjj

zzzxxxjjj IncGamers Member

LF or LS

which skill is a more effective killer? LF or LS? i dont have all day to stand there throwing spears.

2. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

Fully synergized LF is very powerful vs. the crowd. Against a single monster, Charged Strike is what you'll want - tons of damage.

Also - you need javelins for throwing, not spears (spears can't be thrown!).

3. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

In that case, what is the item "throwing spear" for? :p

4. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

Of the two, LF without a doubt.

But if you master LS it can be a wonderful ally, not a butcher, but it has some tricks up it's sleeve. :)

5. SweetSoul

SweetSoul IncGamers Member

I use LS for crouds, like cows, cause it does 5k damage and much faster killing than 4.7k fury in my opinion

6. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

Have you actually tried it? A 4.7 K fury would easily beat a 5k LS.

And I'd like to know how you get damage like that anyway.

7. FreshWater

FreshWater IncGamers Member

Btw if u have 4.7k LF your Ls damage would be atleast 10k lol meaning u made this up

8. Wrathchild

Wrathchild IncGamers Member

once i checked out the highest damage on lf and i came up with sometihng like 5 k (with mass facets, 45+ slvl)
    and even with one point in LS the dmg on it was something like 9k+

9. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

In Diablo II damage listed in your statistics screen can be far from the damage you actually do to monsters.
    Lightning Strike launches a Chain Lightning when you hit. Which inflicts listed damage given number of times (number of hits).
    Lightning Fury works the other way. First of all, highest possible Pierce (with skill alone, or skill+Razortrail is up to you) is a must for LF. When you throw a LF into a crowd, on first hit it releases a bunch of lightning bolts, pierces, releases another bunch, pierce again, more bolts, etc.
    LS does hit multiple targets as well, but every its hit (up to listed maximum) is literally a hit of a single target.
    A secondary LF bolt (I mean the bolt that is launched from a target that was hit) pierces and can hit additional targets. And there are many of theese bolts per burst, just as many bursts per LF throw. That's why LF is such a great crowd killer - it hits much more times, than LS do. Requires a tight and big crowd, though.
    You say that LS is good at killing cows? One good LF throw can kill a crowd of cows in 1 hit, leaving several heavily wounded survivors. Theese, I beleive can be effectively finished with LS.

10. Wizardhawk

Wizardhawk IncGamers Member

I just started playing again recently, but I thought once 1.10 came out nobody could slaughter cows like that anymore? Am I mistaken and LF amazons can actually still run hell cows in 2 minutes flat?