Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

LF Cow runner?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by ToeBasher, May 15, 2008.

1. ToeBasher

ToeBasher IncGamers Member

LF Cow runner?

Is there a specific guide for it? and do Lf zons run it only for socketable items?

2. deadbeater

deadbeater IncGamers Member

Re: LF Cow runner?

They run it mainly because they know they can't kill cow king with lightning. Find another Wirt's leg and repeat. Just hope that their merc don't have other ideas.

3. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

LF zons are pretty straight forward. you can find the guides from the stickies under PVM javazons and as such..

well, its very easy.
    This is what i use :

Shako (um) <------- Some would prefer Griffons. I can't Afford
    Egnima Wymhide <------ able to tele. Sound merc don't Wonder off.
    E upp titans <------- Loads of damage
    Phoenix Monarch <---------- I felt that this a really a must for a PVM zon. It really saves you from potting.
    2 Java 20%IAS Rare Glove <------- 2more skill.
    ThunderGods <---------- Some would suggest RazorTail For 33% Pierce,
    Gore Rider
    Bu Kathos Ring <---------- 1 skill + life
    Raven Frost <---------- CBF
    HighLords Ammy
    Torch + Anni + JavaGc + Aresist SCs.

Skills.
    1 to all Passive Skills (if you are using Razortail, u would wan to add points to Pierce till it reaches around 100% with gear on.)
    20 to Light Fury
    20 to ChargeStrike
    20 to PowerStrike
    Max any other Synergy Lightning skill.

Merc:
    Infinity Thresher ( this will greatly improve the efficiency of the lightning damage )
    E upShaftTop (Um)
    E VampireGaze

For Cow Runs, I always skipped the COW KING home, Most of the time tele-ing away to other areas. Cows were cleared pretty quickly with that build in 8player Hell games. People do cows for Runes, WhiteSocketables items. I do it for fun. And some recollection of memories from V1.08.

4. Mcwhopper

Mcwhopper IncGamers Member

I agree with part of what Ashilee said but,

I dont use either a bull or a raven as ring. I just use two sojs for a larger mana pool.
    I also dont use a phoenix, I feel that A) its a waste of runes B) it only has a mana aura that's usefull.
    I use a facetted monarch, try and aim for 20/20 but that will be costly.
    I use NO res charms, because everything dies before it can even touch me and more java skillers will help even more.
    I also dont use high lords, I use a 30 mara. It gives 30 res which is nice If anything does hit me and it gives 2 to skils which is a lot of damage.
    I also use a griffon with a rbf, but they are indeed hard to find.
    The merc I use has an ebugged forti an ral'd andies mask and a CA infinity.
    CTA is also very usefull to have, it will stop the merc from ever dying.

I would also use thunderstrokes instead of eth titans, because you can repair them. Eth titans means you will run out of javas alot :)

5. mystified

mystified IncGamers Member

my set up:

griffon - currently with cham in it so i can use 2 x nagel
    titan - replenish, frw, skills, nothing more to ask. non-eth if you want to run cows fast as u need repair. or u can just have another e-titan on switcfh
    phoenix monarch - it helps. a lot
    CoH - i use it because I need to chaos sometimes. but not necessary and u can use skulder for more mf if you wish, and eni for mobility (which i didn't need...its cows.)
    razortail - piercing > skills imo. some begs to differ
    war trav/gore - whetehr u are loking for mf or not. i use trav since i look for crap jewels and magic/rare stuffs rather than whites. its not like u get tons of mf anyway with my set up
    jav glove - 2/20ias/ other mods. usual stuff
    highlords - some prefers cats for frw. i was not bothered.
    nagel/bk - as needed

swap - another titan + SS
    never needed and found cta to be annoying as it wore off soon/ ccasting is so damn slow. don't need extra hp/mana when u have phoenix

merc - usual andy/infi/duriel shell setup but when he died don't really cared to rez him back unless in chaos

gives me low mf (my war trav has something like 40 mf. with nagels that goes to around 100. if i need more mf i can swith in eni or skulder as needed. still good enough to get decent uniques anyway imo (its down to luck anyway. getting steelrends, verdungoes, shakos etc with like 100 mf only is not impossible. just hard)

if more killing speed is needed switch in gore and bk rings

6. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

Pretty much throw on Titans and Razortail and you're cowing just like any ol' 'zon does. I think I muled over Lidless and Silkweaves for the extra mana and filled the rest with MF stuff.

I abused Reapers/Delirium on my mercenary for the "Auto-Herding" effect. Give him shaftstop and he might even live through cursed packs.

7. mystified

mystified IncGamers Member

oh yeah, lidless makes cheap version of phoenix and rather nice too. i think i used that uniqe helm (1-2 skil with frw) in the beginning when i had mana prob :)

8. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

That unique helm is Valkyrie Wing, unless I am sadly mistaken.

9. fauxgtfour

fauxgtfour IncGamers Member

I just got my biggest java question answered (ok, I admit it, I'm more of a sorc guy, only one java) the key to not potting every 2 seconds is the phoenix! I know they're annoying, but I'm a pvm'er and I like to kill things fast... and not potting sounds like a good way to help the killing speed.

Wow. I know. I'm totally lame. But I'm also a lot happier now.

Thanks!

10. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

I tried on a razortail belt instead of Tgods. Wow. yea and Wow. the killing just got faster. but, with hell torch, the game drops faster too. =(

Have to keep them when chaosing in 8player games. dangs.~

11. HellPlayer

HellPlayer IncGamers Member

I made one of these and is realy easy and very effective, KremBanan should make this as a mini guide :thumbsup: .
    HellPlayer

12. Ugla

Ugla IncGamers Member

I fully agree with the first part and I'm intrigued with the latter. I have no experience with 'Delirium', but it sounds like a funny way to run cows without ditching the merc :smiley:

As for my own suggestion:
    what matters is: +skills, FRW, m/k, FHR, MF (if desired)
    not needed: CBF, IAS, high resists

13. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

Argh! Frustrating! I was planning to use titans/thunderstroke, stromshield and tgod so that my equipment names would fit my class so well (since all of their names have to do with lightning), and now people say that razortail and phoenix are better! i really wanted that thunder equipment... How about razortail when cowing and tgods in other situations?

14. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

Glad you enjoyed it, maybe Ill write one..but that must be after the summer. I just dont have the energy on my sparetime on this summer, high-season at my job, selling boats and boat/fishing equipment.

But if you experiment with it and different items, you have my permission to write a guide :thumbsup:

15. sexyfool

sexyfool IncGamers Member

Man, if you think torch drops games a lot, try mass casting lf when you are carrying Phoenix shield. Its ctc firestorm is much higher and despite the aura I ended up dumping it for ss. Perhaps on switch to flash but never again on main......