Leviathan

Aucon

Diabloii.Net Member
Leviathan

Quick question,
I found Leviathan in SP in Hell Flayer Jungle, wich according to Arreat Summit is supposed to be ladder only? WTF?? Has anyone else had this happen?

rsFdii

Diabloii.Net Member
New runewords and Annihilus, which were added post-1.10, are the only items you cannot obtain in single player.

Hmm, arreat summit should really just add 'ladder and SP only' to the things we canget as well, its amazing how many people get confused because of it.
We can get anything, and cube anything, that is ladder only, except the latest set of runewords and DC clone. Oh, and we still have the FE bug, along with some smaller bugs that have been fixed server side but not patched officially.

bill_n_opus

Diabloii.Net Member
Aucon said:
Quick question,
I found Leviathan in SP in Hell Flayer Jungle, wich according to Arreat Summit is supposed to be ladder only? WTF?? Has anyone else had this happen?
Yep ... but Single Players still have to deal with the Fire Enchanted Bug whereas Bnet has had it patched for awhile now iirc.

What's the Damage reduction and +Strength on it? Nice armor for a merc especially with the +str allowing you to wear some of the high req weapons.

Aucon

Diabloii.Net Member
bill_n_opus said:
Yep ... but Single Players still have to deal with the Fire Enchanted Bug whereas Bnet has had it patched for awhile now iirc.

What's the Damage reduction and +Strength on it? Nice armor for a merc especially with the +str allowing you to wear some of the high req weapons.
These are the stats

Leviathan
Kraken Shell
Defense: 1582
Required Strength: 174
Required Level: 65
Indestructible
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0x3ad8ec64
+50 to Strength
+177% Enhanced Defense
+131 Defense
Damage Reduced by 24%
Indestructible

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
I think he was talking about the ed, which is horrible on this levi, but the other stats are very, very nice

bill_n_opus

Diabloii.Net Member
IMO, the stats that matter are the +str (perfect!) and the pdr at 24% which is one off from perfect (25%).

The low ED sucks but the difference is relatively negligible unless you are slapping it on a Defiance merc of which every little bit of defence counts.

Then again, if I had a Defiance merc i'd be slapping a Stone runeword in an 15% Superior Eth Sacred.

Im just saying that the difference between 40 somethign and 50 STR probably wont be noticed much. the PDR is very handy though. But lets not foget the biggest bonus on leviathan...its green!

vajurewi

Diabloii.Net Member
bill_n_opus said:
Then again, if I had a Defiance merc i'd be slapping a Stone runeword in an 15% Superior Eth Sacred.
hmm... choices, choices. ok guys which one for Stone then:

Sacred Armor
Defense: 777
Required Strength: 222
Ethereal

Superior Kraken Shell
Defense: 872
Required Strength: 164
+11% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Durability 13%
Ethereal

Superior Shadow Plate
Defense: 636
Required Strength: 230
+14% Enhanced Defense

seems like the eth Kraken is best choice... but I gotta roll 4 sockets on that one - the other 2 already have 4 sockets.

Masas

Diabloii.Net Member
vajurewi said:
hmm... choices, choices. ok guys which one for Stone then:

Sacred Armor
Defense: 777
Required Strength: 222
Ethereal

Superior Kraken Shell
+11% Enhanced Defense
Ethereal

Superior Shadow Plate
Defense: 636
Required Strength: 230
+14% Enhanced Defense

seems like the eth Kraken is best choice... but I gotta roll 4 sockets on that one - the other 2 already have 4 sockets.
If you roll 4 socs on the Eth Kraken, it's the best (highest defense, lowest Strenght requirement). With 3 socs Gloom could be pretty good.

Aucon

Diabloii.Net Member
HBeachBabe said:
am I the only one who hears 'Leviathan' and thinks 'bad sea monster movie'?
Hehe,
No you're not the only one! Anyway, thanx for the input guys.

Slothman

Diabloii.Net Member
I think im even worse i think of philosphy aka Hobbes (i think) book on social contract and whatnot aargh!! :teeth:

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
vajurewi said:
Superior Kraken Shell
+11% Enhanced Defense
Ethereal
This one is worth using the socketing quest to get maximum sockets.

If you use the roll for sockets you have a 50% (3/6) chance of getting 4 sockets. on such a hard find (ethereal ED% superior) the quest is worth using.

The Kraken shell is the ideal armor for stone, high defence and low str requirements. Ethereal makes repairs impossible though, and superior would make them more costly anyways. I hope this is for a merc to use.

Abdiel

Diabloii.Net Member
Aucon said:
Quick question,
Don't feel bad Aucon, until a couple months ago I didn't know dual leech rings were still dropping heh. Shows you what my luck on dropped rings is like usually! :lol:

Aucon

Diabloii.Net Member
Abdiel said:
Don't feel bad Aucon, until a couple months ago I didn't know dual leech rings were still dropping heh. Shows you what my luck on dropped rings is like usually! :lol:
I feel youre pain. Hehe. Whenever I find unique armor I always end up on the low end of Defense. i.e. Skulder's: 636 Gaurdian Angel: 803 and all my rings are blue!

Aucon

Diabloii.Net Member
Uzziah said:
This one is worth using the socketing quest to get maximum sockets.

If you use the roll for sockets you have a 50% (3/6) chance of getting 4 sockets. on such a hard find (ethereal ED% superior) the quest is worth using.

The Kraken shell is the ideal armor for stone, high defence and low str requirements. Ethereal makes repairs impossible though, and superior would make them more costly anyways. I hope this is for a merc to use.
I believe I have a 4 socketed Kracken shell. It's not Superior, but it's not Ethereal either.