Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Levelling Times and Gambling

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Trionth, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Trionth

Trionth Diabloii.Net Member

Levelling Times and Gambling

I'm curious as to how long it would take to reach level 94 from 1 (1-60 chaos, 60+ baal with Ondal's and 10% anni)

I can consitently take my builds from 1-80 in ~3 hours if I find someone running chaos. Has anyone tried going 90+ in a set amount of time?

The experience starts getting worse once you pass level 87, correct?

The reason I ask is to start Gambling. I've heard from people that level 94 is the best level to start gambling/crafting at. I'm trying to get +2 skill, 20 FCR amulets, and for +2 skills I only need to be level 90 (I think...)

Also: In my search for (atleast a +2 druid 18+ FCR ammy) I'm getting together 200 crafting sets. Alphaz will be crafting with a level 94 character. Would it be benefical to keep a record of what we get from 200 crafts, or is that too low of a number to get any statistics from?

2. ThomasJohnsen

ThomasJohnsen Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Levelling Times and Gambling

Level 93 is sufficient to ensure that every amulet you craft upon will have high enough ilvl to spawn +2 Class affixes and below, provided you use the same character to gamble and craft.
    And keeping record of 200 crafts (in categories perhaps?) could actually be an interesting project. And possibly even be usable for others, providing more people participate, so the combined set of crafts is sufficiently large.
    How long time it will take you to get to 93 though - start the stopwatch and get cracking... I have yet to have my first char in 93 this ladder and I have played quite a bit (read waaay too much).

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

You actually have to be L95 for optimum amulet gambling. I usually start gambling for amulets at about L90. Before that, I gamble for rings and coronets.

Crafting self-gambled items just needs a L93 character, as said.

4. Trionth

Cool, thanks!

So just to 93... 87 will be fast, and it will just get slower from then on :\

5. MartinLong

MartinLong Diabloii.Net Member

I've recently been through this, I found this post a few days back which explains the gambling portion well
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7707400&postcount=15

Ie, you need to be at L95 to ensure that all your amulets are 90+, which then allows for the mods that you require.

6. Trionth

So to gamble amulets that will be level enough to spawn +2 character class items (either when gambled or crafted) I must be level 90.

To get the 20% fcr mod in prefixes and suffixes on it I only need to be over level 71.

If I use amulets dropped from Hell Baal (does it matter rare or magic?) I only need to be level 87+ for a chance and +2 character classes/20FCR.

From this it looks like I could start Gambling and crafting at level 90. Giving me the guarentee that they can spawn with +2 character class and the 20% FCR (level 71+)

So I could Gamble a +2 Character Skills/FCR from level 90+. Where does L95/94 come in? I assume that applys to crafting the gambled amulets?

7. krischan

When gambling, the item level is charlvl-5 ... charlvl+4, randomly. For amulets, the affix level (alvl) is equal to the ilvl because amulets have a base qlvl of 1 (see the affix level calculation procedure). +2 skills has an alvl of 90, so at L86, 10% of the amulets have a chance for it while it's 50% at L90 (which is a rather good chance) and 100% at L95+.

When crafting self-gambled amulets, they all have a chance for +2 skills from L93 on because the charlevel goes into the calculation for crafting as well, raising the ilvl yet again (new ilvl = charlvl/2 + ilvl/2, rounded down before adding).

There's just one fcr affix, rare and magical amus cannot have more than 10%. The only way to get more than 10% is by crafting a caster amulet which happens to get it on top of the fixed 5-10% mod.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  8. Trionth

Hmm... so if I'm level 95 I'm guarenteed +2 character skills on every amulet I craft/gamble? With the -5 level randomly it wouldn't be every one, does this only apply to gambling?

At 90 I have the chance to get +2 skills, but at 95 its insanely better.

I still don't understand why I can't get +20% FCR on it at 90. From level 71+ I'll always get 4 adidtional affixes. That would just leave it to luck to get a the 10% FCR suffix/prefix (from the guarenteed 5-10%) and another FCR suffix/prefix on top of that. Does each specific affix have a required level too?

EDIT: re-read your post
    I'm just confused, sorry :\

9. krischan

This applies to every amulet you find. Only Baal, Nihlathak and Diablo have such a high level, so only they can drop amulets with +2 skills (except for stuff like Tal's or Mara's, of course).

As said, there is only one fcr prefix/suffix, so you cannot have more than 10% on a rare item. The only way to get more than that is by crafting a caster amulet (which is the name of the recipe and not the name of amulets which happen to be useful for casters), it has a fixed 5-10% fcr mod and if you are lucky, it will have the random 10%fcr mod as well.

The affix level and the item level are two different things. The alvl is calculated from the ilvl and the base qlvl of thebase items. It's the alvl which decides about which affixes are possible. Amulets have a base qlvl of 1, so the calculation comers up with an alvl being equal to the ilvl for amulets. For other items it's different. See here for the calculation procedure.

10. ThomasJohnsen

Minor nitpick - the bolded 'fcr' should be replaced with '+2 skills'. The fcr part is also true, but I'm convinced the mod was talking about the +2, since the fcr affix is available a lot sooner.

11. Trionth

Thats what was confusing me!

Krischan, was that just a typo? If so, then this makes sense, if not... then I give up lol. Its like highschool calc all over again. The teacher obviously knows what he's talking about, but I'm just too stupid to understand what he's explaining.

12. krischan

Correct, I meant +2 skills. Fixed.

The FCR affix has an alvl of 5 BTW.

13. Trionth

So...

Level 90 gives me ~10% chance to gamble the required level of amulet needed to get +2 skills. Correct?

Then, if I craft with the same level 90 character, using the same gambled amulets (10% of them will have the required level for +2 skills) they can all get up to 20% fcr.

Getting a character to level 93 ups my gamble chances to 50% and at level 95 every gambled amulet will be of the required level.

Is this all right?

14. krischan

No, it's 50%. It's 10% at L86. See post #7.

Most of them will have only 5-10%, however, from the fixed affix of the recipe. Those which happen to receive the fcr affix will have 15-20%.

No. At L93, 100% of your crafts from self-gambled amulets will have a chance for +2 skills. See post #7. At L95, all amulets will have a chance for +2 skills just by gambling.

No, all your numbers about +2 skills were wrong :D

15. ThomasJohnsen

No!

* At level 90 50% of gambled amulets have a chance to spawn +2 skills (gambled amulets will range in ilvl from 85 to 94 and an ilvl of 90 is needed for that particular affix).
    * At level 93 80% of gambled amulets have a chance to spawn +2 skills (gambled amulets will range in ilvl from ** to 97)

* At level 90 70% of gambled amulets that are crafted upon by the same level 90 character will have a chance to spawn the +2 skills affix (crafted amulets will range in ilvl from [85/2 + 90/2 = 87] to [94/2 + 90/2 = 92])
    * At level 93 100% of gambled amulets that are crafted upon by the same level 93 character will have a chance to spawn the +2 skills affix (crafted amulets will range in ilvl from [**/2 + 93/2 = 90] to [97/2 + 93/2 = 94])

So if you're crafting with the same character that gambles the amulets, level 93 in the lowest level required to ensure 100% of the amulets can spawn the +2 char skills affix.
    If you are gambling to get a +2 skills yellow amulet, you'll need level 95 however to ensure that all gambled amulets have ilvl >= 90.

#EdiT: Pwned by the mod :)

16. Trionth

I'm stupid :\

50% is good enough for me I'll take a goldfind barb to 90 and gamble/craft with him.

Thanks for the help, sorry I was so difficult.

EDIT: Or I could take my level ** hammerdin to 93 running chaos... (faster than finding baals throne room, unless theres some secret to that. Bots seem to do it in a matter of seconds.)

Also, I've read in a different thread that if you run games with lower leveled people in it (say, level 60's instead of level 80's following you) you get more experience... Due to the number of characters that get rushed and have to level in CS, I can probably get 8 players every game easily (rarely are there CS only games on West)

Another EDIT:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=638055&page=2

This is Baal runs, so I figure maybe 200 Chaos runs should get me to 93. 10 minutes a run (conservitavely) makes it ~1.5 days, so... about a month. By the time I get all the craft supplies (200 more JJ is all I have left to get) I should be level 93 :)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  17. Tarantella

Tarantella Diabloii.Net Member

As a rule of thumb before you get to level 93 if you're looking to craft +2 skill amulets only use gambled amulets that have the +2 skills affix.

18. ThomasJohnsen

But note: that will only work if you're level 90 or above.

A level 40 character for instance crafting on a +2 skills amulet (ilvl 90) will craft amulets of level [40/2 + 90/2 = 65] that will not be able to get the +2 skill affix.

19. Tarantella

Tarantella Diabloii.Net Member

Indeed.

How about starting a thread for ladder 7 amulet crafting? I've taken screenshots of all mine so far.

20. Trionth

I'm not crafting ladder, but I suppose if its just a time period...

Any tips on leveling? Is chaos sanctuary the way to go? I found a chart for CS in classic and it was an insane number of runs like 200+ between levels from 85 and up. I hope this isn't the case still...

If it is: is there a secret to find the throne room in WSK? The way the maps spawn, like with the countess if you just stay to the left wall 90% of the time you find the door down. That sort of thing.