Levelling my venomancer is agonizingly slow.

Patchwork

Diabloii.Net Member
Levelling my venomancer is agonizingly slow.

I am level 21, still in normal and I am not levelling fast at all. How did you guys level your necro? Please dont say cows????!!!

(dr)

Diabloii.Net Member
sry man but for lvl 20-24 its cows or tomb runs in act2. i personally did canyon runs w/ my barb.

Baal

Diabloii.Net Member
just keep playing on players 8

i don't remember it going slow, but it didn't go super fast

just keep doing quests... by the time i was done with normal i was level 49 or so - and leveled up to 55 doing baal runs.

Liessa Wyrmbane

Diabloii.Net Member
from levels 20-25 I usually level in the Tombs in act 2 and in all those underground temples and fanes and such in Kurast act 3.

Baal

Diabloii.Net Member
ignore my post

i misread venomancer as necromancer

never heard of a venomancer and i know nothing about how fast they level up :) so ignore my post

belth

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd be very worried if you were in NM... ;)

I just ran with parties, using Poison Explosion as my primary skill until I got Poison Nova, went quite fast although half the time I felt I was only leeching exp as there aren't that many monsters in Normal for PE to be as efficient as in Hell.

Patchwork

Diabloii.Net Member
-

lol-
just found out why I am not killing with poison dagger. I did not realize you had to use a dagger for it to work. I was using a wand.

gvandale

Diabloii.Net Member
baal: venomancer = poison tree necromancer

patch: Unfortunately the easiest / quickest way to lvl up from where you are is to hit the norm cows. There is good experience to be had in act3 (as mentioned above) to a5 (bloodies).

Money is to do a couple norm cows to get to 23, then do ancients, then do baal til your 50'ish.

EDIT: saw your post on p.dagger.

The poison damage is only applied if you use a dagger, but there is a bug if you are using non-dagger weapons and have the skill selected on your left click (where it's displayed near the red orb) where you won't get the poison damage, but you'll get the AR bonus. Very nice. :)

g