Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Leveling up

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Neilzor, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Neilzor

Neilzor IncGamers Member

Leveling up

Hey guys, it's been a while since I played D2, and I have a few questions...

First, what's the command to inrease difficulty and amount of experience gained in games? I've tried "players 8" and "players8" but neither seemed to do anything...

Second, now that 1.10 is out, where are the best experience and MF runs? I rember that Pindleskin used to be popular for MF but IIRC, it was nerfed in 1.10.

2. niven42

niven42 IncGamers Member

Setting /players X will have no effect in a realm game. It only works for single player games (and maybe for open battle.net as well).

You can get any character to level 25 quickly by having a sorceress with high-level enchant, enchant you, then do act 1 solo, killing all monsters until you are level 12 or so (you can kill andariel with 1-2 hits this way). Then make your way to act 2 and clean out the Claw Viper temple. A Ravenclaw long bow and Twitchthroe armor helps here (ias + splash damage). then clean out act 2 tombs until level 20. At 20, have someone turbo you to ancients, which when completed will get you to level 21. At 21, you can kill normal cows solo when you are enchanted. Continue until you are level 25, at which point you can join public normal Baal runs.

All of the above can be done in 1 hour if you are a seasoned player.

Normal Baal: 25-39
    Nightmare Baal: 40-77 or so
    Pit in Tamoe Highlands/Ancient Tunnels in Lost City (both Hell): 77-90
    Hell Baal: 90-99

The Pit and Ancient Tunnels are good places to find elite items. Their only drawback is that uniques do not drop often. Most uniques come from the act bosses and Baal runs now, with NM Baal and his minions dropping decent items like Gazes and such.

Since most players are finding the higher levels impossible to attain without high-level runeword items, it would be worthwhile to either purchase some runes on ebay or do many hellforge runs with a friend's help to get the runes you need.

3. bobmarley

bobmarley IncGamers Member

This is how people level up nowadays.
    Level 1-15 Tristram Runs
    Level 15-20 Tomb Runs
    Level 20-24 Cow runs
    Level 24 Do Ancients Quest (Will Get You +1 Level)
    Level 25-40 Normal Baal
    Once 40 Get Rush in NM to Baal
    40-60 NM Baal Runs
    Once 60 Get Rush in Hell to Baal
    60-99 Hell Baal Runs
    :thumbsup: Hope this helps!

4. gorash

gorash IncGamers Member

i believe that tomb runs u need lvl 17, so lvl 15-17 will be harder to lvl in a way (much slower anyhow)

5. bobmarley

I've always done it at 15 and have seen all other people do those runs at level 15. Maybe 17 would be kind of easier....

6. Neilzor

Neilzor IncGamers Member

Thanks, but all of those methods involve being rushed, and for the most part I just play by myself in games. I will keep those locations in mind, though... And I may even decide to be rushed.

7. bobmarley

Oops Sorry for double post... :(

8. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

If you aren´t extremely pressed for gaming time, there is really no reason to 'level up' in 1.10. With my characters, I do not repeat any areas at all. I full-clear them once, then I move on in the game. Even on /players 1, I reach level 84 this way.

9. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Personally, I level up the usual way and rush through normal difficulty. Once I get into Nightmare I try to play around a bit, to see how things are working out, although I might still decide to rush through some parts.

After nightmare baalruns are complete, I try to play the char through hell, levelling up in A1/A2 for a while and getting a feel for the skills. Again, I might skip some parts if I feel that the char build isn't up to them. Happened to my Windforce-equipped Strafe-bowazon lately (can't afford runewords...): after I managed to kill the Council even without loosing my Merc (took a few potions and a bit of running, though), I planned to play her through Durance 2/3 and only skip Mephisto, but while trying Durance 2 I decided that I didn't like it, so I parked her in town and rushed her to A4. I did River of Flame (with hellforge) myself, but I had known long before that she wouldn't do chaos sanctuary and diablo since I have no idea how to protect my merc there.
    Since she's still struggling with resists she looked for the entrance to Izual, but didn't go into that gloam infested area herself, and she definitely will not rescue Anya herself :)

In any case, mix levelling and rushing as you feel comfortable with :) Doesn't really make sense to crawl through an area that your build doesn't handle well...

10. niven42

niven42 IncGamers Member

Levelling in 1.10

I have found that it's easier to do ancients at 20, to get level 21 before cows. Cows doesn't give any experience at 20, but your gauge will really move if you're 21. That level you get from ancients to go from 24-25 is not very hard to get in cows.

But it's important to kill the cows yourself - the enchant is critical.

11. niven42

niven42 IncGamers Member

Tomb runs

Try the Claw Viper temple. It's packed with monsters and is perfect for getting from 12-17.