Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Leveling quickly

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by vagabond18, Apr 3, 2004.

1. vagabond18

vagabond18 IncGamers Member

Leveling quickly

Just a quick question for the Guru's out there.

When I'm rushing a friend (or being rushed) there is always the problem of leveling quickly up to level 25.

Of course the best way I know of is going to 8 player open games but where should i be adventuring to level the fastest?

Also, does it make a difference if the rusher is a high level?

Thanks

2. Unsane

Unsane IncGamers Member

If you just play the game "like it's supposed to" you can get to level 20 or so in 1-2 hours.. In full games that is. I don't think rushing helps all that much.. at least not before you get to baalrun lvl. :yawn:

Check it.
    http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=512&pageno=1 :thumbsup:

3. Baboon

Baboon IncGamers Member

level 20 is not the problem. getting to level 25 is, slows down a lot. If you have a char that already can kill crowds, the jungle is a good option. Like multishot on flayers or something.

4. novadog

novadog Banned

level form 20-25 is the most beasy part. just open cows. 2 runs will get u there

5. Unsane

Unsane IncGamers Member

Well he didn't specify on what level he had problems.. you still have to get to level 20 before level 25?

Anyways.. maybe fastest way to rush a char would be to to always make two new chars.. the rushee and the rusher. Rusher could always be something like a fissure-druid (works well on those pesky flayers).. This way the level of the rusher wouldnt hinder the exp gained by the rushee.
    :flip:

6. Unsane

Unsane IncGamers Member

Oh yeah cows.. Forgot about those. Never do them nowdays. Nor do I get power rushed by some high lvl chars tho.

7. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Searches usually work best. In any case, I posted a guide on this a while ago, this method worked best for me.

8. Si1enta5sa5sin

Si1enta5sa5sin IncGamers Member

Get a full rush and have someone do chaos sanct runs for you in hell.

9. vagabond18

vagabond18 IncGamers Member

Thanks for all the help guys. I also forgot about cows :)

The problem i have with playing in full games is that I get pissed off by all the blathering idiots out there, so I end up playing with just a few of my friends.

10. Hacker24

Hacker24 IncGamers Member

In SC, i only make mf sorcs and pvp chars nowadays, and i usually rush these chars because most of my pvp chars aren't fun to pvm with. So, here's my strategy. This is just what i do, it's not neccesarily the best.
    First, a few tips.
    GET SIGONS! this set is amazing, i socketed mine with minues req jewels so i can use it sooner. If you play a char that can't use sigons very well, rubies and saphires are your friends. Also, take one of your higher chars out into some hell cow or baal run games and pick up flawless gems. Then, rush a few friends through normal or just do some solo baal runs with low mf. If you find some socketed items throw the gems in there. A 3 socketed crystal sword with 3 p topazes in it will let a melee char kill just about anything. Or a 2 soc bone helm with saphires lets you stop sucking down mana pots long enough to actually kill stuff. THat annoying girl the lady in the red hoodie gives you that dies a lot, remember her? Well get a 3 soc long bow, and throw some emeralds, saphires, and topazes in there. BAM she kills stuff.
    Lvl 1-15 Typically, i just join some beat act 1 games. If they have enough people that want to quest, i beat act 1. This can usually get you to lvl 12 or so. Do andy runs to get the rest. If you can't find enough games with 4+ people in them, join baal run games and do full clears of the dark wood and black marsh. Treehead runs are fast, and they can help you get a few levels quick, (5-9) tristram runs are good as well.
    Lvl 15-20 Okay, this is where it gets tricky. Sewer runs can help you get to lvl 17 or so. Followed by arcane runs and Tomb runs. (You can also beat act 2 normally, and that will take you to level 22 or so. I just hate this act so freaking much.....)
    LvL20-25 There are two options here, and depending upon you character, they may differ. If you have a character that can take out crowds solo and/or take some dmg, cow runs level you very quickly. Drawback, a lot of idiots running around trying to find items and not killing stuff. Hard to find a maker.
    Travincal runs. I hate these things because it bugs me to leave and join games so quick. I like a more leisurely type of play. However, these runs usually fill up quick, and they aren't too difficult. If you hate waiting, do these.
    This should get you to lvl 25, at this point, you can either start act 4 and beat all of act 5 in order to get to level 30 or so, or get rushed to ancients, beat ancients, and baal run untill your eyes bleed. I prefer the latter. However, the first can be fun, and it will help you to get the most xp out of the ancients level up.
    There you have it, a moron's guide to leveling low chars. I like to do this the quick way because i dislike low level chars. They can't use their cool skills, they don't get the cool gear you have saved for them, and they are just so damn pitiful. So, if you want to grab level 25 the fastest, if not most enjoyable, way. DO IT LIEK DIS!

11. Christopher Sin

Christopher Sin IncGamers Member

Levels 1-10: Buy your character a Bow + Arrows, and get enchanted by a Sorceress with high lv. Enchant. Head out to Stony Field and kill everything. Push forward from Stony through the rest of Act 1, being careful not to get killed.

Levels 10-15: Do sewer runs in full player games, with or without enchant.

Levels 15-20: Clear out Ancient Tunnels and Arcane Sanctuary in full games, enchant helps here too.

Levels 20-24: Join normal cow games and do a couple runs. Kill Ancients at lv. 24 to get to lv. 25.

Then it's a matter of doing normal Baal 25-40, Nightmare Baal 40-60, and Hell Baal 60+. It's not a strict rule, you might want to do 10+ more levels in one difficulty before you move onto the next, to make sure your character is strong enough. :)

If you want to level out in the field without performing any runs, then try to kill monsters that are about 4-5 levels higher than you. This commonly wields you the most exp. without any penalty. This also works well for gaining levels on your mercenary.