Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Leveling Problem

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by EngelZ, Apr 6, 2004.

1. EngelZ

EngelZ IncGamers Member

Leveling Problem

I made a new necro and got him up to level 20, and had him rushed (No ancients yet), but I can't seem to get EXP from anywhere I level. I tryed arcane runs, trav runs, just going to the chaos sanctuary and killing stuff, nothing seems to work.

Bone necro, if it matters.

So can anyone tell me where I should level?

And another thing: I have trangs set lined up for my necro, and I'm wondering if thats good for bone necros. I rarely see necros, and trangs necros are even rarer, so I don't have anyone to ask ;)

2. Blklblsk8r84

Blklblsk8r84 Banned

Do trav runs until ur 25. It takes about 4-10 trav runs to level. Mostly it takes me 5 runs to level. And trangs for bone necros is not that good i think its better for summoners(i think) and if ur gonna be a pker with trangs would suck and thats a fact.

-WalrusPK :buddies:

3. prion

prion IncGamers Member

you're at that weird place where you level slow, do a few trav runs and whatever quests you want, start joining diablo games at lvl 25, just hang in there...

4. spencert

spencert IncGamers Member

Lvl 20-24 is the hardest part of the game to lvl up becos of high penalty in exp gain. Unless u are in a 8 ppl game in act 2... it's gonna take u a very long time to reach lvl 24. Best and most effecient way to reach lvl 24 here is to get a high lvl friend to open a normal cow game and kill cows for u while u party with him. 3-4 cow games will get u to lvl 24. After that, ask him to rush u to act 5 and kill the ancients. U will reach lvl 25 here. Proceed to do baal run until lvl 50.

From here, go nm and get ur friend to rush u to kill ancients again. Do baal runs until lvl 75 then go to hell.

Again get someone to rush u to ancients in hell (will need a friend with a strong char or maybe 2 of them to do this). Do baal run until desire lvl...

This is pretty much standard procedure for most people lvling in 1.10. If you want to experience hacking thru hell without being rushed, at least do the normal cow part. Will save u more than a couple hours of frustrating play time.

Happy leveling... :flip:

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Trang's ruins your Cast Rate. No Cast Rate, means a rather poorly Bonemancer.

6. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

it also seems to emphasize poison

for 20-25 I was going thru a3-5 and then I killed ancients and headed back to a3 where I killed council & mep til I just got to 28, maybe I will venture on now

7. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

as mentioned, you can have someone do cows if you can't actually PLAY this game.

if you do play it, make a pub game called A2 CANYON RUNZ or something like that, and go to the canyon and kill. clear out a tomb or two, then ng. this is GREAT experience at your level, and should make for fast killing. if you have any curses, your party will love you to boot.

g

8. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

26 is time for Baal runs.

and good point. There seems to be 250 paladins 150 sorcs, 6 barbs, 0.5 druids, 0.25 zons, and 0.1 assassins for every necro I see nowadays

9. EngelZ

EngelZ IncGamers Member

Ok, thanks for replies. A couple things:
    1) Can someone explain the cow thing for me? How can you do cows and THEN get rushed and do ancients? Do you get exp from being in town or what, because as far as I know you have to have baal done to do cows :spy:

2) I'd hate to let the trangs go to waste, so I'll make a second necro. My last summoner got terribly boring at level 50, so I deleted him, so that is out of the question. I'd like to try a poisonmancer or maybe a meleemancer (whatever that is hehe). I know poison works with it, but does meleemancer?
    *Goes off in search of guides*

3) What gear would you suggest for my bone necro? I can think of the obvious homonculus, but its unlikely I'll get my hands on that.
    Wands? Helms? Armor?
    I don't want to know about your love of enigma on your necro though, as I'm strictly against enigma.

10. Mad Mantis

You have to have done Baal before you can make a portal. Stepping through one is another story. If somebody else makes the portal then you can go through it.

Trangs is not a very good set for a Meleemancer. It has some nice defense and life bonuses, but it lacks FHR and IAS. You can use a few parts, but certainly not the full set.

11. prion

prion IncGamers Member

what about that poison/summoner hybrid thatw as posted a few says ago..?
    It ruins your cast rate but I suppose you want to cast poison occasionally..
    or maybe a skelemancer and you can help out your mages with occasional firewall/meteor..

12. Mad Mantis

For Poison or Skellie builds Trang's is a pretty good option. They are not as depended on Cast Rate as a Bonemancer is.

13. Atticus

Atticus IncGamers Member

Powerlevelling breakdown: kill everything in act one until level 10, sewers until 15, arcane until 20, Cows until 26, Baal up to 45, then nightmare, ancients, baal again until 70, then hell. Doing this, i've gotten from 1-70 in a day.

14. Mad Mantis

Where's the fun in that?

15. Atticus

Atticus IncGamers Member

*shrug* that's pure levelling speed. For fun, just kill every last monster in a game :p (which makes me wonder, exactly how far would someone get if they killed -everything- in one game, starting from lvl1?)

16. Skips

Skips IncGamers Member

lightweight, I bet you stopped to go to the toilet didnt you?

17. Atticus

Atticus IncGamers Member

Crikey, the jig is up! *runs away shaking fist* Darn you skips, you've foiled my plans for the last time!