Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Leveling past lvl 90?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Taurgon, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Taurgon

Taurgon IncGamers Member

Leveling past lvl 90?

I've been trying to get to lvl 91 for 2 weeks and I am having the usual problems (getting killed and losing Exp pts.) My barb is a Pat and I'm doing runs for items and runes. I really don't care if I get to lvl 99. My question is are there any reasons to go higher? I searched the Items database here and at Arreat Summit and I couldn't find any item or rune that couldn't drop at lvl 90. Should I just keep making runs and stop getting pissed? My family is starting to look at me funny.

2. hermit_boy

hermit_boy IncGamers Member

Finding items from drops, monsters, chests, etc are not dependant on your characters level. They are dependant on monster level and area level. So in that instance, it does not really matter if you level up or not.

However, gambling is dependant on your character level, so if you do a lot of gambling, that could affect it.

The only reason I can see to want to level up past 90 is to get more skill and stat points, make it easier to kill monsters, or just reach a personal level goal.

3. Bull(R)

Bull(R) IncGamers Member

NO character must be above level 90 to magic find. As it has already been said it makes no difference.

The reason that most do it (the reason that I'M doing it) is for a personal goal or for being rewarded at reaching the highest level. Also I'm doing it on battle.net and I'm being rewarded as I see my name getting higher and higher on the ladder.

If you just want to do runs with him for runes/items don't worry about leveling high (you will NEVER reach 99 if youre using him to mf.. it takes 1.5 months to get 99 doing solid minute long baal runs)

*note* this statistic was given to me by 2 of my friends who are level 99 on the ladder, and one who is halfway to level 99 *note*

4. basvanlola

basvanlola IncGamers Member

One good reason for levelling up is the fact that your level is used in 'to hit'-calculations. The higher your level is the better the chance is to actually hit monsters.

5. farting bob

farting bob Banned

im having the same problem at lvl 89. tryign to get to 90 and it seems impossible. i MP with her almost every night in baal runs (guinald the traspin if you MP with me) and i moved from ** to 89 in very short space fo time. but since them i must ahve done at least 20 p8 baal runsand im only 2/3 of the way there. i guess ive done more than double the runs to go from ** to 89. i dreed going intothe 90's, where monsters give you less and only the bosses give you anythign of significance due to mlvls.

6. tweety

tweety IncGamers Member

I just got to level 91, but that took a lot of time. Most of it was done in the Pit and the last piece by Pindling. I don't care at the moment if I get any higher so from now on I also do area's with a higher risk level

7. Todd

Todd IncGamers Member

One minor benefit of a high level char is in creating crafted items. I'm awfully tired at the moment, and thus don't remember every detail, but if you crunch the numbers you'll see that you need something like a lvl 93 character to guarantee the chance of +2 skills on a crafted ammy (assuming you gamble the ammy).

Certainly that's nothing earthshaking, but it's a benefit nonetheless.

8. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

I have a lvl 92 Hammerdin in SC and I have a lvl 87 Fishymancer in HC and a dead Hammerdin in HC at lvl **. So getting above 90 is not impossible. It's just a matter of staying alive. Play areas were you are safe. With my SC hammerdin I played mostly The Pit, and the Ancient Tunnels

Good luck to level your char

DX

9. Taurgon

Taurgon IncGamers Member

Thank for your opinions. I'll just keep plodding along. This game is so addicting I can't stop playing. Just when I think of quiting, Baal drops me Bul-Kathos Sacred Charge and now I have to try and get the set. Oh well, maybe I'll stop at lvl 91. Cheers.

10. Ryondaahl

Ryondaahl IncGamers Member

If you ever want to get to 99 you'll have to stick to 1.09 or be prepared to say goodbye to your social life for a couple of months :)

I'm aiming for a level 99'er in all 7 classes in 1.09 and the list currently looks like this:

Growler - Druid 99
    Ãrpád - Barbarian 98
    Aragorn - Paladin 98
    Armella - Amazon 87
    Knucklebones - Necromancer 81
    Kyu - Assassin 72
    Sky - Sorceress 71

It will take another couple of months, but I hope to finish the project before the year is out.

cheers,

Ryondaahl

11. Bolinbrooke

Bolinbrooke IncGamers Member

My lvl 95 zealot has been this level since November, he has run well over 500 baal runs and I still am no where near leveling up to 96.

But then again it might be because I die occassionaly to the IM curse :teeth:

Even 50 runs however without a death move the experience bar about 1/2 of 1mm at the moment.

12. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

I usually just get my char to 90 and go easy with it. There is really no real benefit of getting it that high.

13. Tiger_Spirit

Tiger_Spirit IncGamers Member

Not agree, for people which craft (not the film :D), the quality craft depend of clvl, so better is your lvl, better will be your craft.

But in fact lvl 90 is good and I think going higher is just a waste of time (BTW I think all people which are higher/or lvl 90 use their char for mf, in that way, this is not a waste of time)