Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Leveling a new sorc

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Reppie, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Reppie

Reppie IncGamers Member

Leveling a new sorc

Hi,

It's been ages since I've played Diablo 2 and I'm thinking about starting up a new char.

As far as I remember, it was horrible to level a sorc until you hit 24-30, so I'd like to ask if there's anyone that could lend me a helping powerleveling hand. I'd just like to get some proper AOE spells and start playing.

I'm on Europe Ladder.

Cheers!

2. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

Re: Leveling a new sorc

Try the Player Matchup forum. (There is such a thing as "uber levelling", but it's not often done for free, and it requires that your character is in Act 5 Hell.)

I don't know how common it is on bnet recently, but I used to be able to level pretty quickly be starting a game with a name like "act 12345 no rush". Rushing (completing all the quests quickly) is something you don't want at this point since you generally don't get experience when rushing, and often you lose your Hellforge Quest reward.

If all you want is to get some levels quickly, then join/make a game for questing through the game at a normal pace.

3. arbing

arbing IncGamers Member

IIRC, uber leveling doesn't work anymore.

Rushing is exactly the thing you need for gaining level quick.
    When you get rushed to act 4 chaos (hell)... your char will gain ALOT of exp quickly. level 1-70 in less than 1 hour. That's why you see many games called "chaos xxx" in bnet.

4. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

:welcome: to the forums

Assuming you play on bnet it shouldn't take too long to get to lvl 25. My usual method is:
    1- ~15 tristram runs (you will need to rescue cain if you want to create you own runs)
    ~15-21 tombs runs (ofc you will need to have done up to arcane sanctuary to do this)
    22-24 Cows if you can find a game (more tombs if you can't)
    24-25 Ancients
    25+ Baal

Ideally you will have been rushed up to but not including normal ancients, then you can just follow the above steps without time spent questing. Having to do the quests yourself slows things down, but is good for relieving the grind / repetition effect.
    If you are doing the quests, I always find using javelins bought from charsi much easier to kill with than casting spells.

On a side note, IF you can get easy/quick access to a normal and a nightmare Baal Q (and a rush up to act4 in Hell), then doing this and then using Hell Diablo runs is a very quick way to level.